Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Hehehehe. You've resurfaced briefly then?? Coming to BVF?

Im around for a few days and then back away mate..

Wont make BVF im afraid, id love to but time wont permit. Car is all tucked up and will be for a good while. Looking like i wont make anything next year either...

I was hoping that next summer would be clear to attend things but its not looking promising at the moment, hope i will catch E38 2009 though - that sounds a long way away but im sure it will be here soon..

All being well plans for the car stand and will be taking shape later in the year and early in the new year..

So much respect for the job you guys and gals do :clap:

Guess you'll have to see how things fall with work.

Safe trip mate...

If i ever needed a reminder of how much i love my car i got it thisafternoon.. She started up first time and i took it out for a 25 miles or so blast and it was awesome, the noise, speed, looks it gets everything was just great..

Have booked it into VW for a service on Monday, had a look at thew Rocco while i was there and its nice, id still rather have my Corrado though...

Slightly bigger picture plans are get her all nicely cleaned back up although it isnt bad at all. The car cover has done a great job, a few cob webs and dust otherwise perfect, no dampness or marks, so chuffed the discs havent even corroded as the cover comes all the way down to the bottom of the rims..

Over christmas the R32 lump will be getting the full cleaning treatment, i want it forecourt clean before itll be going in in the new year.. Eyes are peeled for some wheels as of now..

I am still after the BBSs, although if i could think of something else which would tick all the right boxes id go for them, i do love LMs but with the outbreak of fakes i wouldnt want to go down that route...

If your hear of anything let me know Karl...

Hi Michael- good to hear your news. Must've been fantastic taking it out for a spin after so long 8) I'm dead jealous! Gonna be spectacular with the R32 lump...

glad its still pushing the right buttons goldie! lots of cleaning on the cards then? dont take too long over it, can't have karl having all the fun now :)

Thanks for all the welcome back people, much appreciated..

Spent a couple of hours today in the sun cleaning the old girl up, really wasnt too bad at all, intend on getting the wax in to play tomorrow so its back under the cover tonight.. Heres a couple of pics..

Also a couple of pics of my old mans MG Midget, hes just bought some new chrome spokes for it and they look great, weve been restoring it for a couple of years now although the body work was done when he bought it most other things have since been changed, tuned, painted etc etc..

DSCN0183b.jpg

DSCN0185b.jpg

DSCN0189b.jpg

DSCN0191b.jpg

DSCN0192b.jpg

Bloody hell, the storms still shiny after it's little nap.

Midget looks good too, when's your dad going to start raiding your Dodo juice supplies?

Looking good Michael and welcome back. You've brought good weather with you cos its been s*@% all summer and one of the reasons I finally got around to making space in my garage for mine this year. On the look out for a fleecey car cover now to avoid dusting duties!

Love ya old man's motor

Hope to catch ya at some shows next year.

Welcome back Michael, the car is looking wonderful as ever, glad the cover did the trick! Which make was it?

The Midget looks great too, chrome spokes are the only way to go really, even if they are a lot of work to keep looking good. My next door neighbour had a green one about 2-3 years ago, he sold it for a Ka convertable :cuckoo:

Id heard the summer hadnt been the best but im no sun worshipper, im pleased just to see some weather..

The midget is great fun, lower than any corrado and it feels so fast even though its only a 1275, its good a lovely grunty soundtrack and everyone seems to grin at it when its going along the road, i dont think a ka is a fair swap...

http://www.bizrate.co.uk/rd?t=http%3A%2 ... bid_type=0

This is the cover i went for with the upgrade as its a breathable waterproof job. Reckon its been worth the money as my car hasnt seen light of day for 4 months and i would have thought it had been in the garage...

Welcome back Mike hope you had a nice time away Got the KW V1's on while you were away im liking the handling much more now!