Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Welcome back Michael. Hope all's well. Will be good to catch up sometime soon. I take it you're up north of the border full time now. Well, if you're ever down around the south, then give us a shout.

Cheers Charley, im down in Durham at the moment but most of the time ill be in Faslane now.. Hope to get down south later in the year and would be good to try and sort something for then..

give me a shout Michael if your about,im away to scotland untill thurs,then off for the week,so it would be good to chat/pint?

Aye sounds good, ill drop you a line in a few days.. Am interested to know how youve come on with yours while ive been away...

hello mate glad to hear your ok, would be good to catch up wiv ya if your down south any time.

Welcome home Michael,

Car looks spot on as ever. Are you doing the R32 swap yourself?

No mate, im gonna prepare the engine and have it ready to put in and then hand it over to PSI i think, ive been impressed with all of their work...

Update time..

Having been a very lucky boy and being able to get a as new steering wheel (Cheers Graham) i felt there were other bits that needed sorted..

Ive bought a new gear nob, handbrake handle and have had MJ Interior make me a new shift boot and custom handbrake gaitor, as well as having my speaker grills repainted. The work is brilliant, im over the moon with it so heres some pics...

Heres a comparison of the new and old gear nobs and handbrake handles..

DSCN0212interior.jpg

DSCN0218interior.jpg

Really pleased with the quality of the leather work...

DSCN0216interior.jpg

DSCN0214interior.jpg

And heres one with it all fitted...

DSCN0219interior.jpg

Small details like that always make a big difference. Nice one mate :)

Cheers guys, agree that the small details have the big impacts. I had a patch of rust on my speaker grill and it had bugged me for ages...

Price, 70 quid, not bad at all i dont think bearing in mind that the handbrake handle alone was 30 notes from the dealers...

Hi Michael, Looking good - as ever :)

Spooky but I've been doing some work today in the same area. Fitted a new plastic trim to the handbrake lever and fitted one of Dave's16v polished surrounds and I was just thinking I could do with maybe fitting a new leather handle. Are these still available and if so how much did it cost?

ok at the risk of sounding a complete dick which one is the new one, is it the Matt looking ones becasue they look really cool.......really nice motor by the way !!

If it is the matt ones are they standard VW items ?

Cheers Bill..

The handbrake lever (£30 ish) and gearknob (£20 ish) are both still available at your friendly local dealer...

ok at the risk of sounding a complete dick which one is the new one, is it the Matt looking ones becasue they look really cool.......really nice motor by the way !!

If it is the matt ones are they standard VW items ?

Yes mate, the matt finished ones are standard brand new items, the stearing wheel looks the same as well...

cool, having never seen a brand new corrado in the flesh I wasnt sure if they came like that as new, I bet they bring the rest of the interior up......subtle things !!

next pay check will be going on the subtle things in life then....

danny

Nice work mate, the car that wheel came out of had and old gear knob and handbrake handle and it always looked a bit odd...so I can understand why it makes such a difference.

Any news on the engine swap yet?

nice, i like the gaiters :) i tried to fit a leather gaiter to my handbrake but it seemed to get in the way too much, do you have to remove anything?

also where did you get the handle for handbrake? dealers? i could do with one of those

nice, coincidentally i have also been doing work in the same area, i ordered a leather handbrake handle the other day from vw, apparently it was the last one....

Nice work mate, the car that wheel came out of had and old gear knob and handbrake handle and it always looked a bit odd...so I can understand why it makes such a difference.

Any news on the engine swap yet?

News on the swap, engine is in bits at the moment, im trying to bring all the aluminium back up to new and will be resparying the manifold, it isnt bad but has a few marks. Need to remove the climate compressor and get a shorter belt for it. Think i need to have a chat with Mr Davies to see how he is getting on..

Managed to score all the missing inlet bit on the bay at a very reasonbale price.

The install will be in the new year..