Sign in to follow this  
Campbell0240

Whats it worth?

Never really been a fan of these threads but looking for a rough value of my car at the moment:

1994 Aqua blue pearl VR6 105k miles

2.8 OBDI coilpack golf engine 100k miles just done 6K since a top end re-build by NSR at the cost of £3500

Stage 2 Vortech supercharger kit done 6k

Schrick manifold and cams

Scorpion cat back zorts system.

On Borbet As 16x9s all round

Loads of new parts plenty of reciepts chains just done with heater matrix etc all electrics work only late black cloth interior at the moment.

couple of pics

http://veedub_rs.users.btopenworld.com/ ... age160.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.cam ... %20010.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.cam ... %20012.jpg

Basically thinking of selling maybe the end of the year or next summer i know the parts are worth alot but after the effort put into it im not really up for breaking it.

Havent had it on the rollers myself yet the previous owner rekons over 300 and i wouldnt disagree with that having obviously driven it.

The re-build is no doubt expensive but like i said its done by NSR the same people who set the charger up and though theres a few areas i plan on spending a bit of money even before i sold it thats if i do then the big bucks have been spent in the right places.

Not sure it works like that though.

The mani and cams will give 20+ on a non-charged motor, but I doubt they'd make much difference to maximum power on a stage 2 charged vr?

They add 20bhp to stock motors and they're a very basic mechanical component obviously its all down to the condition of the enging when you see figures that differ in 10-15bhp on stock vrs running different filters and zorsts :roll:

Put it this way i ran it without the manifold and cams as i had to order a new schrick switch unit and the difference in top-end is easily noticeable just as much as the mid-range.

At the moment the rear of the interior is mostly stripped out and all that remains is from the front seats forward, with a brand new filter the MAF just having been off and cleaned along with the TB charger manifold new plugs and leads it runs really well and a new lambda to go on soon (replacing a GSF one) and on new rubber and a big enough footprint to get the power down it flies.

Definatly pics up nicer than my previous 1.8t rado but i miss the 6-speed box.

As for it being a 2.8 theres a spare re-built 2.9 on the drive so unless i sold it really soon it would probably go as a 2.9 anyway.

Better ask Guy Hartley I guess on here or Radostormvr6 I for figures suppose, as they have these on their charged-up Storm's......

Well Radostorm vr6 is kicking out 280ish mate. With a 2.9

And his engine is about as good condition as you're ever gonna get!

No offence, but i'd be dissapointed, and the 2.9 on the drive ran 208 and later 210 with just a K&N so i'd expect more from an engine like that and they are higher angle cams 268s not 248s obviously the difference throughout the rev range would be smaller but obviously top end when the engines pushing in as much as it can then there would be a difference.

To be honest arguing 10 or 20 bhp on cars putting out that power on FWD we may as well be arguing tyre tread lol or whos fat and whos skinny.

If power was such a big issue then it really wouldnt be worth spending money on corrados with the engine in the front would it? I like corrados because of the character of the car and if i sell this one im thinking of buying a mustang GT and playing about with the kits they bring out for them for power (would like one before im 21) and building another corrado on the drive and with an engine in the back.

This is my third corrado from my first year of driving, 16v, 1.8t and this SCVR. im definatly hooked.

So back on topic.... i know im better off breaking it but whats it worth as a whole?

Better ask Guy Hartley I guess on here or Radostormvr6 I for figures suppose, as they have these on their charged-up Storm's......

Well Radostorm vr6 is kicking out 280ish mate. With a 2.9

And his engine is about as good condition as you're ever gonna get!

Yep, and with a 10psi pulley. But Vince went easy on the timing as it's a young engine and didn't want to unduly stress it.

Guy's is a different animal. 3.0 low compression, 13psi pulley, schrick, cams etc etc so the cylinder filling is completely different to the 2.9.

VF test these kits on Golf 2.8s and they obviously always make the numbers and hit the quoted Psi. Their 2.9 figures are estimations and the reality is the larger 2.9 swallows more boost and therefore they don't make the psis, but only down 1 or 2 though.....but it's all at the redline anyway and depending on where you set the rev limit determines how much 'pub hp' you get.

Anyway, how much is the car worth with a charger? Dunno....what ever someone will pay for it, start off at £7K and expect to be knocked down.

Sell it on the basis of it's rarity and expense of the kit..... providing the rest of the car is up to scratch? You should get that for it if you hold on for the right buyer. Some people can't be arsed with modding and would prefer to buy cars with it already done.

Thanks man very informative post, i know the prices of the bits separately and obviously the reciepts for thinks like the chains tensioners and the re-build etc.

As for the rest of the car i've put all new brakes on it for now its finding some bigger ones that will fit tidy with the wheels but its sitting on a koni sport kit its had a new subframe bearings tie rod ends ball joints most of the moving parts are new and it would probably have the likes of a 6 branch de-cat and oil cooler going on soon with maybe better suspension, the paintwork is very good on the whole and the bonnet as only the od minor chip i'd be looking to maybe get the bumper smoothed out and the roof.