Sign in to follow this  
godskitchen

How many forum members plan on NEVER selling their Corrado?

Mines currently on 147k miles so it will be difficult to sell even though it runs very well. So for the first time in my life I am going to resign myself to the fact that I will keep it for as long as it runs. I can then justify spending out on the occaisional treat such as a respray, charger or even a R32! My only worry is after I've done this parts for it will be hard to get.

Mine was a daily driver when I first got 7 years ago it but for the last 5 years it' been purely a fun second car. Got it on an agreed all mods declared policy with a 1500 mile annual limit and I plan to keep it indefinitely. I know some will frown because it's not driven so much mostly due to lack of time but in a strange way it's all the more enjoyable when I do drive it.

You could always drive not quite so low...................................?

lol next you will be saying get narrower wheels,,, pretend i didnt read this :D

i keep saying i want to sell it but havent got the heart to do it, although i clearly know what i want next but cant decide to actually sell the rado

I have just got a job as an Aftersales manager in a Vw dealer and after drving R32's mk 4 and mark 5, i still get a buzz when taking my Corrado out. although i think that the new Golf Gti is superb.

I would never part with it!

mines a keeper i will continue to evolve it over the years, i hope the mk1 will be a keeper too then id just need a rallye and id have my dream garage (WITHOUT A LOTTERY WIN)

Gonna keep the rado for a few years yet, havent finished playing with it yet... :D then maybe get a Golf G60 / Rallye or something, maybe even build a Mk1 G60.... Who knows.. i may even keep the C forever????

Have known for a while i will never (yeah never say never, i know) sell the Corrado, and if i did it would only be to buy another one with less miles on trhe clock or whatever.

how many of you are thinking the same?

how often will you drive it?

can you see a day when only a handfull of us still use the Forum?

Watcha Paul.

Woz teh storey homeboy?

Long time no see.

Had the rado down in mayo a few weeks ago.

Wont say where. but great drive back. ton all the way and 145+ in places.

Woopee. Have U changed the plates yet? :lol:

No intention of selling mine, had 8 years of fun and can't see affording anything that drives as well. Sooner save my money and let it evolve as and when occasion and/or funds allow. It's my daily driver and I can't see us getting a third car!!(wife has a 2001 corsa nasty plastic thing!)

I was gonna sell mine this Autumn, Then I fitted new in-pro headlights and done a few other little bits so, Its staying for another year at least.

I;ve done 15,000 miles in it in four years so, the clock now reads 92,125. I'm dreading the big 100,000, a bit like when I turned thirty

So I suppose the damn thing is now becoming a part of me.

I may just set fire to it and set it adrift. Came home today and she wouldnt start, and I am getting flooding in the passenger side from drainplugs... :mad:

cant see me selling maybe put her on limited mileage and get a banger for rainy days runs.

Thing is with that , i dont want to be in one of the situations on the road which either requires the Rado or wish you were driving in it at the time.

post number 535 ,anyone get the connection or am i the only sad one? :D

It died on me last night as I parked it in my space - it had only been run long enough to jump start another car....

/\ It's things like that make me want to sell it... I'm now worried about trying to find the fault later today :(

It broke my heart when i had my accident in my previous rado, thats why it only took me 18 days to replace it 8) , me and her indoors are looking at moving house next year, and the first thing she is looking for is a double garage, because she knows that the rado will never leave me,

Meh, I said I'd never sell mine, but it's now up for sale (well, when it actually gets a wing on it at least). Never say never... Plan on getting another one though, when funds allow!

I'll never sell.Would quite like to get to 300k mileage or so(96k down).

Lots of money to be spent along the way;leather re-trim,couple of sets of alloys,re-spray,exhaust,plenty to keep me busy.

everyone always says they'll never sell. I did, and after 2 years sold the VR6 and went for a Z3 M Coupe. A different class