Timo.

Viewing a S4 AUDI tomorrow

Help me.

Organised a viewing of a S4 tomorrow.

I've got two problems,

number 1,

I am out of control and want this car,

number 2,

probably will be skint for the next 10 years.

better make it 3 problems,

I think my Dad might loose his rag this time and kick my ass!!

Anyway, info on the car. Its Silver 1998, an avant (of course), has rs4 alloys and has been tuned by AMD to 330 bhp and has a full exhaust system to boot. Its not in perfect condition and needs a little TLC but that doesn't bother me cos I like to fiddle. Engine wise its fine.

I thought I had got away from wanting one at least for a while, but this has turned up and the price is very good.

Please help me. Insurance quotes are around the £600 mark so thats not going to be a problem and I wont be using it every day. Taking the Corrado of the road for a while and will only use the Audi occassionly as the fuel bill will kick my ass.

Bye to the Bora and a really cheap diesel run around will be bought to go back and forth to work.

Any thoughts??

T. (Currently got crossed eyes thinking about this so much. Biggest decision so far in life)

Ooh an S4! £600 for insurance is nothing im paying £1200 fully comp for my VR and i was on your position when thinkin about gettin one and now i got one i dont regret it at all! So you may regret NOT gettin it in the end if the price is good.

Also your sig says your car has 205bhp, is that just from the K&N panel filter or have you done more?

Rob.

considered one myself. But went for the S3 because it is smaller, more economical and is very low depreciating. Maintaince on an S4 could be scary. S3 really, really lacks that V6 engine note. Small thing but you miss constantly when you live with one.

Ooh an S4! £600 for insurance is nothing im paying £1200 fully comp for my VR and i was on your position when thinkin about gettin one and now i got one i dont regret it at all! So you may regret NOT gettin it in the end if the price is good.

Also your sig says your car has 205bhp, is that just from the K&N panel filter or have you done more?

Rob.

Its been chipped too

Utter, utter bag of sh$te!!!

So many things wrong with it, it wasn't even funny.

Put my foot down in 2nd coming off round about and nothing happened. No face ripping, zip, nada, zero. Something seriously wrong somewhere. My guess is, its gone into limp mode or something because it wasn't right thats for sure.

Very disappointed, however my search continues.

T.

Sorry to hear that, still it gives you more time to research the car and all the tuning options . . .

Best get yourself onto RS246 and Audi-Sport sites to get clued up, you might even find a nice S4 for sale there.

I recently had a ride in an RS4 (B5), I can only liken it to a ride on a roller coaster - totally mental!

vr6storm, Noticed that. Too much money for me. Very nice example though.

Peakz, Done a fair bit of research so far. Need to get rid of the Bora to free up some ££'s

T.

Shame it was a lemon - i'd love an S4 Avant, would just be too paranoid about something terminal happening to the turbos though!

Yeah I know. I said that to the guy.

I wish I had taken my laptop with me. It wasn't just the performance, the whole car in general wasn't up to scratch.

It was a definite walk away quickly effort. Maybe if it had been half the price the seller was asking it may have been worth the risk.

T.

had fancied one of these a while ago. tried an s3 - felt it was boring and had no character - looked nice and comfy etc - but coming from a corrado, it just didn't do anything for me. Yet to try an s4 avant - would be a great 'do it all' car for me as i go biking, walking/climbing, etc etc all the time. Just what has been mentioned above worries me - I can afford to fix the g60, but I would question whether I could afford to fix an s4 - especially the bi-turbo version. Does anyone have any idea of how much these things cost to run against a Corrado (G60 or VR6 version)??? I've since decided keeping the g60 for all out fun and running a cheaper estate car (currently use a 97 citroen zx diesel estate) for all the dirty duties of carrying bikes, boots, tents, food etc works great. Very cheap and no compromises anywhere.