Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Female Corrado Drivers

Loads of Lady rado drivers/owners out there, appeals to both sexes. Shame my mrs dont share my passion for cars/corrado's.

There are alot of male drivers out there too that drive like...

woops, shouldnt say that :lol:

Yeah, my wife owns/drives a rado and there's no way I can convince her otherwise, i've had all sorts of more 'girly' typa cars and she's not interested in any of them at all.

In fact at the moment i'm driving around in a bloody MK3 Goof cabby and she's got her rado :oops:

My boss doesn't like mine - it's too low and she has issues getting in and out! Doesn't help that she doesn't open the door far enough and it keeps closing on her as she's getting out :lol:

My girlfriend loves it... when my old one died on me she was the person trying to get me to buy another as soon as possible ;)

Now she wants me to fix the old one for her...... fat chance of that though. She's 22 and has 0 no claims. The insurance would be more than the car.

considering that i met my girlfriend (scarlett) on here, i'd say that the rado is no more a bloke's car than it is a girl's... in fact, she's more into them than i am!

I'm almost certainly the oldest Corrado owner on this forum (first car nearly new Frogeye Sprite.....and I saw the Beatles before they were famous),and my better half is only a little younger than me (probably as old as most of your mums).

I have difficulty prising the VR6 keys off her...and am often relegated to my other toy, a 3.5 litre V8 MGB roadster (could be worse I suppose)...so be warned , you may have to share it with you other half !!!

Mike - I must admit to being mightily impressed with your age ....... until I realised it was in fact your post-count :blush:

I'm almost certainly the oldest Corrado owner on this forum (first car nearly new Frogeye Sprite.....and I saw the Beatles before they were famous),and my better half is only a little younger than me (probably as old as most of your mums).

I have difficulty prising the VR6 keys off her...and am often relegated to my other toy, a 3.5 litre V8 MGB roadster (could be worse I suppose)...so be warned , you may have to share it with you other half !!!

craigowl on here is a very young 61, do you beat that? :)

I did have a bit of fun with Age Concern when I went in to enquire about their discount motor insurance, for some reason they couldn't find either a V8 MGB conversion or VR6 Corrado in the cars which they quote for !!!

My Mrs loves them, she never really got to grips with my G60 when I had it, but she has loved the valver since I bought it, hence me buying a second one :lol:

His and Hers Diamond silver 16v's :lol:

Lauren loves the vr6, drives it most days to work, Her old G60 was seriously quick she was really at home with it after a week or so of driving. Broke her heart to sell it i think. :cry:

^^ Happy birthday gsbellew, you're catching mgbv8mike up :wink: :lol:

Think I've still got a few years to go yet :lol:

Cheers though :)

My Mrs loves them, she never really got to grips with my G60 when I had it, but she has loved the valver since I bought it, hence me buying a second one :lol:

His and Hers Diamond silver 16v's :lol:

Hmmm......

I reckon you should paint one a different colour then mate. Is that not a bit like wearing matching outfits?

:)

Hi all, I am a female petrol head and have recently sold my Porsche 944 to buy a VR6 as i have always loved them and now old enough (groan) to be able to get a lovely example that has been well looked after.

When I find out how to do it, I'll add a pic of mine to my signature :D I think the old Porsche was looking dated but I have to say the Corrado is timeless and I love it! if only I could sort out the 'battery drain' it has!

I'm sure that will come with what I've read, but have just treated her to a major service at a brilliant garage in Southampton and she has a clean pair of heels for a while (finger's crossed!)

If anyone lives in Southampton or surrounds and is looking for a garge who can set up a VR6 and do 'what they say they will and a bit more besides' at a reasonable price let me know and I'll happily pass on details. Mine came back a different car, but I have learnt that Corrados don't like being left in a garage for more than 4 days at a time as my battery is dead already again!

I think i'm the only female Raddo driver in Derby...had 'Bob' for over a year now and before that had golfs (mk2's of course)..never seen another woman driving one round here! Yes i think they are a blokes car but then i'm not into driving girly cars such as MR2's and I'm not a hairdresser so wouldn't touch a Golf cabrio!!!!!!!

Wouldn't change it for anything...loved it since the first time I test drove it and despite what men seem to think....I can handle a g60 engine! And as mine has been modded before i got it ...the power seems just normal to me....and its due to be modded again very soon!!!!

Get a few looks when you overtake men and leave them standing at lights...they half expect it to be a man driving......but then not all women are cr*p drivers!!!!!

Hi Inky, nice to have another lady Corrado owner on board, I sometimes think we are such a rare breed on this forum that maybe it scares others away, having said that I have put a few posts on here and have had nothing but really helpful information and tips. Without this forum I wouldn't have found my VR6 8)

Thanks also to Chubbybrown, I did get them to look at the battery drain but the battery was holding charge at that time, maybe an alarm fault. But it's now defunked again after 4 days! I have another posting ongoing from which I have had really helpful responses and learnt loads, so armed with new volt meter I will go to work and hopefully find the problem. Best of all it means I have to use the car more to keep her charged, not a bad excuse :lol: