Sign in to follow this  
bigpants baby

vsr

Be clear about whether it's a VSR or the Schrick VGI. They both do the same job, but the VSR came out of VW and the Schrick .. well it came out of Schrick.

Original VSRs also come with an EPROM for the early ECU to remove the need for a remap. Of course that eprom doesn't work on later cars .. :(

Does it come with all the required ancillaries? I understand it needs solenoid, vacuum tank, electrics plus more possibly?

I'm sure someone else can confirm whats required.

Sold mine earlier this year for 1300 uk pounds.

That was with all the required bits too, ie, solenoid/switch/actuator, vacuum reservior, the original chip plus a unichip with a stealth remap on it.

Dutch

Sounds nice mate! Out of my current budget, but i doubt it will hang around.

Don't know how you find this stuff, your a genious!

One of £500 or so produced by Pierburg... IMO this makes the VR6 engine complete as it is how VW intended it...

BigPants - have you spoken to the mad old boy a few doors up from you about it? you know, big garage and 2 Corrado's - he might just be interested...

Otherwise i heard Kevhaywire was after one but he wants to cut it in half and weld a cabbage to it or something...

Otherwise i heard Kevhaywire was after one but he wants to cut it in half and weld a cabbage to it or something...

PMSL

VSR has holes for the spark plug leads (which means you don't have to remove the manifold to change the plugs), and fits much more snugly. It also fits beneath the standard plastic engine cover. The VSR looks well sweet, in that respect.

The Schrick is alleged to flow slightly better, particularly at high revs, but I don't know if anyone's ever really thoroughly tested that. The Schrick does have unequal length inlet runners though, to balance up the length of the flow path to the front and rear bank of cylinders, so that's gotta help a little.

A pound of cheddar actually....

A pound of cheddar actually....

And a big leg of ham.

Hi,

I bought a VSR from the States earlier this year, it came without the vac reservoir (I'm not sure if they actually used them or if it was just the Schrick), but with:-

Switch-over box (small grey box), vac valve, and actuator (black plastic, bolts to manifold) , vac pipe connection to manifold, wiring to switch over box, and to harness.

I may have some pics if that helps .