Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

R32 v's my g60

Hi all my friend has just brought a blue R32 were going out for a little drive soon nothing major just a little thrash!

ive just been waiting to get my car running right and charger run in anyway shes nearly back up to full health now! so i can see it being iminent ill probs film it to show you all!

ive just been speaking too daz (g-man) about this and just thought id post it up! but is he gonna absolutely kill me or will he be presently surprised im a sure he'll win by the way his is standard!

post up your thoughts guys!

cheers Andy

what bhp are you running?

i went out in my mates polo g40 the other day and that was pretty mental so i guess your will be fast as fcuk... the r32 will be bloody heavy so i think it may be closer than what you would automatically think!! he should have more topend, i think!

let us know, would be interesting to hear!!

You should have him I reckon.

Sure there's a few standard vr guys out there that've said they've gone from a roll with an r32 saying there's nothing in it.

Standing start you'd struggle as they're 4wd.

Oh yeah YouTube rocks, got a few vids on there meself :)

I think you'll struggle actually fella!!!

Lets face it they are quick and unless road conditions are very good then from a standing start they will be away fast!

mave thats probs not too far off mate as there 0-60 is 6.4 for r32 and stock vr is 6.7

wonder what the bhp per ton is for each! anyone?

ill try steer clear of standing starts with him hopefully and just a good solid thrash will get my mate in passenger seat to video as much as poss!

sam you'd obilterate one wouldnt you! what have you raced since you got the engine back anything interesting?

I reckon it would be close Andy! I'd say if you're now running around 220+ bhp then your power to weight ratio is slightly better than his.

But he will have way better traction.

Could be an interesting race mate! Anyone 'holding the book' yet? I'll take bets for sure!!!

:)

I reckon power to weights are approximately....

Andy = 180 bhp per ton

R32 man = 170 bhp per ton

Roughly. Take him out Andy and get a vid for proof/future p*ss take!! :)

depends how the torque figures compare, if your in the right gear at the right time you should give him a fright :evil: :D

I was at a 'Run What You Brung' track day recently, the guys at RKE were running their caddy up against a customer of theirs R32 - the traction helped the R32 at the start ( especially due to the fact that it had been raining ) but there was very little in it other than that.

I reckon in the dry the caddy would have wooped the R32. It was pretty cool to watch a rusty old caddy taking on R32s,Skylines,200sx's etc etc 8)

Like Will says, there might not be much in it.

will - we have a pint on it mate but thats all. he knows roughly how quick my car is as he was out in in loads before i got all new bits! im well looking forward to it! im not gonna race anyone in the wet let alone his 4wd so it should be more even wen we venture out in the dry! im gonna try find a power of an r32 and compare it i think the 1/4 mile for r32 is 14.9 can anyone confirm this!

i had beaten a tegra typr-r before i got stuff done so im holding out a bit of luck!

defo videoing thou for future reference and my new you tube adiction lol!

walesy - has the caddy a g60 lump in it?

its funny as R32 is probs my second fav car after the C

walesy - has the caddy a g60 lump in it?

Nah, 2.0 with throttle bodies, I think it was RR'd at around 180bhp

R32 is 237 0r 247 bhp I think Andy, depending if its a Mk4 or a Mk5.

My mate had a caddy with a nicely tuned 16v in it, 4 branch manifold, etc, etc.

It went like a proper beast!! Very quick as they only weigh about 17 grammes ;)

(bit heavy on the old steering though - unassisted and all)

just looked and the 0-100 on a tegra if rite is 16ish secs so mine must be around that?

and the tegra's power/to wright is 173bhp per tonne!

r32 is is 159bhp/ton as http://www.evo.co.uk/cargrouptests/carg ... rious.html

http://www.import-heaven.net/specs_volk ... _r32.shtml

getting some funny reports on the 0-60 ranges 5.8 - 6.4 and 1/4 mile is 14.4

I'll race you too mate! I reckon mine will be a bit heavier than yours, but pretty similar at the end of the day.

10 pints of beer? :)

(to the looser)

just looking in the back of pvw mate

although a recent copy the dates are a little bit old

2.0 8v G60 steve black 2002 14.7

2.0 16v G60 jason hourigan 2002 15.07

vr6 james shillaw 2002 15.2

8v G60 Henny(damp) 2004 15.4

8v G60 toby gardner 2002 15.47

8v G60 ian crutchington (damp) 2004 15.35

Standing start the R32 will win as it has a tonne of bottom end torque and massive traction, not to mention better spaced and six gears.

On the move, your G60's midrange torque will prove tough for the R32 to match.

at the end of the day its 10% the car and 90% the driver skill.

Absolutely, I know two brothers one's got an r32 and the other's got a ferrari 360, now you would expect the ferrari to be much quicker but because the owner isn't a particularly good driver on country roads the r32 keeps up with him. It's even worse in the wet because the 360 (and the 355 he used to have) has crap traction and gets left behind!

(Obviously when on dual carriageways and motorways the r32 has no chance).

I would say your G60 and his r32 are pretty close in terms of performance so the better driver should win.

I bought a brand new R32 back in 2003 as our "family" car :lol: was just to small inside so was forced to sell by the other half :roll:

Anyway, going by your output figures and depending on the road conditions, you should take the R32, they"re just to bloody heavy,on saying that i"d have another :lol:

hi andy its liam, just found out our little friend in his r32 has superchip! cant wait to do the filming for u! ur gonna kick his arse