Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Used Microfibre cloths for the first time and...

Good god! I wish i'd bought some before!

I started giving my car the once over today with Zymol cleaner wax (and a bit of Scratch X for some faded bits) and initially started with traditional polishing cloths. Progress was typical - slow, polish wouldn't come off, could see if you'd applied more in one area than in another, etc.. was getting pretty hacked off then remeber i'd bought some Microfibre cloths so dug them out and tried them on a panel...

Wow. Well lets just say i'll never not have some of these cloths in my cleaning arsenal again. Just couldn't believe how good a finish it left and how well it took the polish off the car. Really - just can't reccommend them enough, and these were Halfords own at £5.99 for 2 - they seemed super soft and were excellent!

i use those ones to buff afterwards. I have a couple of polishing cloths from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk and these are more suited to polish i found as there slightly harsher so cut through a little easier.

Remembert to wash them properly otherwise you'll knacker them.

I wash mine each night after work. 40deg C on mild wash with special MF cleaning liquid but any cleaner WITHOUT FABRIC SOFTENER is fine. fabric softener kills them!!

got any pics of your car after the clean then??

Hm.. I just chucked em in the wash earlier with some bold 2 in 1 tablets.. doh.. well if they bite the dust I can get some more and i'll make sure I wash them properly.

Just been out to grab a few pics on my camera phone as I have nothing better to hand :)

Feels sort of embarassing having your handiwork scrutinised by someone who does this for a living! :)

Really? lol - i'll have to check those out as I do my weekly shop in Tesco. And 90p is slightly more attractive price than £6!

if anybody is intrested, i bought a whole box of the meguiars supershine microfibre cloths from my local halfords, i get on really well with one of the lads there, the box got soaked while getting delivered there, so all the cardboard got mashed, they are in perfect condition though. i have about 80 of the cloths. so anyone want to buy some?? here is a pic of the cloths i'm talking about.

How much each Karl?

And thanks Andy! :)

Mine do appear to have survived the wash ok though!

omg Jim i cant belive how much nicer it looks now you own it.. A real credit mate.

Ps- you should go back to std rear lights.

well it worked out at £1.50 each, so to you guys £1.50 each plus some postage costs, i think i went mad buying that many cloth's?? :lol:

I haven't done anything to it other than remove the eyebrow and fit some Borbet C's.. I have got plans to tidy it up, etc over time but it all just comes down to money! In the long term a decent, full stainless system, some engine bay affection to tidy it all up. Basically i'm with this one for the long haul! Not selling another Corrado! :)

Rear lights.. hmmm... well I prefer the dark tinted top to original ones but ideally would like well done all red rears I think.

How much each Karl?

And thanks Andy! :)

Mine do appear to have survived the wash ok though!

car looks great jim.

the cloths will look fine and will probably polish ok but they loose all there absorbantness (not a word i know)

Hm.. Karl.. could you setup a proper For Sale thread please mate? :)

get some cloths bought jim :lol:

and when u do start a 4sale thread remember what order people ordered just in case i miss it :lol:

blimey :shock: i did not think i would get that response so quickly, i have responded to all the pm's i got (6) think i will wait for the next meguiars delivery at halfords with a bucket of water ready :lol:

you have just made it Supercharged well that is all of them sold :shock: i have kept some for Jim as he started the thread. i will have a word with the lad at halfords about anything like this happening again,

karl