Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

Is it worth chipping? Or cheapest mod 4 a little more power?

take that 12bhp claim with a pinch of salt

best leave as is,see if you want to go down the Schrick or charger route first

if thats ur motor in the pic its obd1 (afaik obd2 didnt come with the plastic arch kits)

and yes chargers are the mutts nuts and the best bang per buck by miles

I've always thought rechips on a standard N/A engine are pointless, EXCEPT in the specific case where an engine's main ECU isn't tuned to the quality of fuel you're running. Since the VR6 comes out the factory tuned for 98 octane, there are no free gains from a rechip.

cheers lads thanks for all your comments and its a 95 plate vr!

i will leave the chip then need a few paint bits touching up first

and some new rear lights! im not going to charge this for a while if i do a as i just want something that will eat up some motorway miles better than the corrado! but still looks good and has some power.

it is alot slower than the C but for a bigger car it handles really well she has a nuespeed strut brace and fk coil overs all round on audi tt 17's pulls to the left slightly but other than that she very straight and true!

just forgot to ask the chip is pretty much out the question as doesnt seem worth the money

what about things like englarged throttle body and exhaust mani?

i need to still get my hands a little dirty? also guys anyone know the price of plugs for the vr obd1 95 m reg

Cheers sorry all the questions just excited new car etc!

Get a 6 branch exhaust mani mate - I'm not sure of the actual gains other than making it sound like a complete beast! It does sound like the b*stard love child of a vr6 and a scooby! My blue one sounds as flat as a pancake after driving the black one (with the mani).

Quality :)

And apparently a big bore throttle body makes it sound even better (mine should be here soon!)

If you shop around plugs can be had for a bit over 2 quid each.

is this one rubbish as seems to cheap?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOLF-MK-3-VR6-NEW ... dZViewItem

is this worth doing at the same time looks like the phonelic insulator for the g60?

VR6 PowerGasketâ„¢ Plus

NewSouth Performance, LLC has extended PowerGasket Plusâ„¢ line to include the VR6 12V engine.

Using a composite material that is specifically designed for gasket applications, the PowerGasket Plusâ„¢ gives you up to 5% more power from your engine by reducing the temperature of the incoming air to your engine with an insulating gasket that radically reduces the heat transfer from the cylinder head to the intake manifold. This gives you cooler, denser air for more horsepower and performance from your engine.

Tested in an 800 HP, 40 PSI turbo VR6 engine, the PowerGasket Plus™ is rugged enough for most automotive applications and has shown a 20°F+ reduction in VR6 intake air temperatures in on-road testing.

Title Awesome Part # Price

VR6 Power Gasket Plus EEN-NEWSO-VR6-GASK £45

No not rubbish mate - not as good as the supersprint obviously, but they're 600 notes!

That is the one most of the folk on here have.

Offer him 120 quid.

The noise is amazing mate! Also get a solid front engine mount.

The Power gasket plus, sounds like a phenolic spacer. They reduce heat transfer from the head to the inlet manifold. I think they're used by some of the forced induction guys....

Dunno if they're that worthwhile....