Sign in to follow this  
dnac

Power upgrade chips

If they're the £1 resistor things which claims to add 15bhp or something (can't see ebay at work) you'd be better of getting a load of your hard earned money and putting it on fire. ;)

Can't argue for £30, if it is in fact an EPROM. But frankly the only way you'll see 20 bhp gain on a N/A VR6 is if it was broken beforehand and you fix it!

I was going to try one of these but they dont do them for the late model vr6 with the transponder which is mine so i couldnt get one, i thought for £25-£30 cant be no harm trying!

Rob.

I have one... thought what the hell! You know what? It deffinately feels like its making more torque and the mpg are much better than before. It even smoothed out the acceleration a bit.

It doesn't make you the fastest thing on the road though... ;) he he

They may not work, but for £30, who cares, give it a shot and report back. Seems like he has decent feedback and the guy above bought one similar for a VR6 and he thinks it's improved / increased torque / power. Only way is to get car RR'd, fit the fit, then RR again, kinda a suck it and see process.

Cheers

I think the VR6 chip is a copy of a BBR StarChip, which is a good one and better than AmD's rechip from that era.

I can't see the harm in this. The guy has obviously just bought a bucket load of proms and a burner and blasting out copies. Good luck to him, his customers seem pleased enough.

I'm giving one of these a whirl- as it's been said 30 squid is worth a punt!

I'll let you know how it goes-well hopfully it'll still go anyway!

Not too sure about actual figure increases on mine to be honest but, as already mentioned, mine made a notable improvment on mpg, smoother acceleration and pulls a bit harder. Think it was more of a torque increase if anything.

It was exactly that seller and chip for the VR shown in the link on page one that I used.

If anybodys thinking of buying one of these for a G60 or an 8v gti

they do improve the lag and you get a much smoother run up the revs,was passing so stuck my 2 penneth worth in.

just ordered one of these for my 2.0 16v, for £30 i will give it a try to see if it will cure the flat spot i got when starting off from stand still

i will let you know how i get on with it once it comes and i,ve fitted it :)