Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

How many C owners plan to have a Porsche one day?

Love them although more VW than Porker - except the badge ;)

Haven't seen too many mod'd ones either so a possible unique cool ride in the making IMO 8)

I'm going to go against the grain a little here.. I like porkers but there not my first choice! Don't get me wrong they look cool but I'm one of these people who likes to be a bit different. I need a car that not many others have.. thus the corrado.. not many around and well mine isn't exactly standard. Porkers.. well there are so damn many around the south east, you grow tired of them. If I had one I dare say it wouldn't be long before I pulled it to bits and changed it.. hehe :)

I'm going to go against the grain a little here.. I like porkers but there not my first choice! Don't get me wrong they look cool but I'm one of these people who likes to be a bit different. I need a car that not many others have.. thus the corrado.. not many around and well mine isn't exactly standard. Porkers.. well there are so damn many around the south east, you grow tired of them. If I had one I dare say it wouldn't be long before I pulled it to bits and changed it.. hehe :)

first mod.. a set of sebrings!

I had one for 2 days, as a Birthday Pressie! That flat 6 howl is something else, but £80 worth of optimax for 250miles would cripple me after a month!

Plus as Phatty says, the really good ones are toooooooooooo expensive! I'd really want a 993 GT2, but over £100 grand for one, it's something i'll never own :(

or a ruf911 flatnose or a yellowbird........

Seriously considered a 944 S2 or turbo when I was getting the Corrado.

I had a drive in a new 996 Carrera 4S on an airfield a few years ago and it was fantastic. An absolute rocket-propelled Panzer, and I do fancy owning a (more affordable) 911 of some type in the future. A 964 or early 993 might be a plan.

Also fancy a 968CS, but don't think it's enough of a leap over a modified Corrado VR6 to justify the cost.

TBH when I replace my C in a few years an Elise/VX220T/RV8-engined TVR will probably be the main items on the list.

I want a 911 badly as some already know!

One day I will even own one. Hopefully not too far away.

AS regards which one - I have always said - when I am in position to buy one then I will really do my homework and make a decision.

Have a Track Day already booked for Silverstone next year just to keep the Taste buds alive ! :D

I considered a 944 a few years ago too but I decided I'm not old enough for a porsche yet he he. My mum has a 944 which I drive now and again but it's slower than my vr (which I constantly remind her about :lol: ) so I wouldn't have got anything less than a turbo and I couldn't have afforded that.

My faves (of the more affordable ones) are the 911SC Targa and any of the 993s. Yes I know the Targas rattle LOADS, let water in, get knifed by someone jealous etc etc but they just look so good. esp in black with those black leather seats with white piping. mmm.... I also like the boxy look of the 944 cabs but don't think I'd choose one.

If I could choose any, it would be a Carrera GT in Fayence Yellow with black leather seats or a 997 GT3 RS. That won't happen though! Unless anyone on here has a few £m they'd like to share with me??...

Been considering getting a 968, but they are not that much quicker than my VR and the insurance was twice the cost!

Nah, I'm gonna go silly with my VR for a while, then get a proper Porsche where the enigne is at the back, not the front :p

I want a 911 badly as some already know!

One day I will even own one. Hopefully not too far away.

AS regards which one - I have always said - when I am in position to buy one then I will really do my homework and make a decision.

Have a Track Day already booked for Silverstone next year just to keep the Taste buds alive ! :D

YAWN...

hehehe :)

if it couldn't be a turbo from the 80s (yes, or the 90s :) ) then i always looked out for 928 GTs when i was younger. rare, manual and huge engines!

both are pipe dreams though...

i want an early 80's 911... in red.... :)

however, have had a few attempts to persuade Dave to buy a Porche - a 944 S2 but had no luck yet - might keep up with the nagging and see if we can get one next year when we juggle the finances about....

having spent alot of time driving my friends 964 i would love one but not as an every day car. i guess ive got used to the comfort of my s3 now. but would still love one as a weekend / summer toy

9114bMedium.jpg

or maybe even the 993. seem to be holding value very well at the moment.

Mikes911take22.jpg

Thing i found with them (unlike the audi) is that you have a smile on your face even rolling along in traffic doing 30mph. such great cars.

if i wanted it as an every day car i think i would have to go for one of the 996's or 997's. just got that extra bit of comfort with them but obviously there still more pricey and in my opinion the 996 was a bit of an ugly car (by 911 standards)

Having actually done it I can say one thing. If you have to think about whether you can afford a 911, don't get one. You need to have enough disposable income for any costs not to be a problem and really it needs to be a second car.

Example set of HT leads £275. Exhaust Backbox £450. Accelerometer £1250.

and so it goes on.... Nice to look at, fun to drive, but only if its a toy.

The older 911's like 964 (which is what I had) are out done in most ways by modern cars. It was no quicker than my Rado and a lot less comfy and hence is not a good daily. I will have a GT3 one day though :)

Jay

Having actually done it I can say one thing. If you have to think about whether you can afford a 911, don't get one. You need to have enough disposable income for any costs not to be a problem and really it needs to be a second car.

Example set of HT leads £275. Exhaust Backbox £450. Accelerometer £1250.

I take it you got stung Jay???............Ive got an expensive one looming although not mega urgent yet........new Clutch(possibly flywheel too) £2k+ from an OPC

very very very nearly bought a 944S instead of J-DUB but thought that the 'Rado was a much better bet than the porker...

The missus and I have been talking about getting a porker soon... probably be a new one though... :crazyeyes: 8)