Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

How many C owners plan to have a Porsche one day?

I keep saying to the Mrs that it will one day happen... and I have to admit to keeping a keen eye on s/h prices! (another discussion with vwdeviant lol)

IMO owning a C is the next best thing and for now that will have to do... one day though 8)

Hell yeah!

Ive been looking at some early 90's 911 964's recently. Can some for under 10 grand now!

(for those that dont know the second pic is a 964)

I can honestly say that while i think the porsche is nice im not mad about them and can think of many other things id rather have.

Therefore im gonna say no intention to have one.........

not really a fan of porsches, but the ones i do like are the ones ill never be able to afford.

I'm fortunate enough to actually own 2 Porsches(although one is needing a light restoration done to it) and my Storm :wink:

tho I take it,most people who want one on this thread are only wanting the 911 :?: ...........there's plenty other good Porsche models out there,such as the 944/968's

I will have a Cayman S one day.

Having been lucky enough to try most of the range out, thats the one for me. 3.4 mid engined go-kart.

Though by the time I will be able to afford it Ill probably be needing a Panamera.

I definetly do!

Wish I was as lucky as Rodders with his current Porsche ownership, but I have managed to own a Boxster for a short while. I miss the flat 6 at 7000rpm sound :-(

Would be very happy with a classic old 911, yes.. was never hugely into my Porsches as a kid but as the years have gone on just grown to appreciate them more and more!

almost bought a a 944 after bout 6 month of lookin for a C, glad i waited a bit longer and found my vr tho :mrgreen:.

944's are still nice but i wouldnt say no to a 911 964!

Yep. I'd have any 911 up to the early 90's models (before they changed to the new shape) preferably a turbo with the massive great whale tail on the back, but I don't know much about model differences TBH. One day I WILL have one, it's been a dream of mine since I was a kid, to own an old Porsche.

I wouldn't say no to a new one obviously, but somehow I don't aspire to own one of those as much.

Actually, I'll add a Speedster to that too, even a replica would do. Don't care if it's slow, it's gotta be one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen. Maybe a sunday driver once i've made my millions :D

I've heard loads of people refer to the Corrado as a poor mans Porsche, and in my case it's probably true, if I could afford a 911, I probably would have no need for the C :cry: Good thing I can't then, Innit!

Always been a fan of the 911

even considered buying a 968CS, then realised the corrado was probably better!

thought about selling all my cars and bike to get a 964 but then saw sense and realised that all the affordable ones just aren't fast enough and all the fast ones are massively over priced and thus out of the reach of the normal man.

The only porka I want is the black 911 turbo from Bad Boys, did toy with the idea of a 944 (s2 or turbo) for a while but decided the rear end looks far too dated nowadays.

yawn

the amount of times "the black one from bad boys" gets mentioned........there are more porsches out there you know.

yawn

the amount of times "the black one from bad boys" gets mentioned........there are more porsches out there you know.

So what? For me, none of them have the appeal of a nineties 911 turbo, and since I neither know nor care what it's proper model name is, I call it "the black one from bad boys". The reason it gets mentioned so often is because everyone remembers how great it looks.

it just bugs me that is just the generic answer that everyone gives without any thought whatsoever.

like the old "who's the best bond? why, it's sean connery", when clearly it isn't, as Brosnan was loads better, but it's accepted as the standard answer.

Isn't opinion a wonderful thing :)

so many options, so many choices and the freedom for everyone to have their own personal favorite.

Besides your all wrong, :lol: