Jon_vr6

Re: Corrado storm vr6

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51075[/ATTACH]

Fitting this tomorrow if the weather stays nice, Spoonfed rhd lower windscreen trim beats the faded look of the 3 piece one i have on at the minute

All Done went ok really im the first RHD owner of this one piece trim so im basically the guinea pig but no problems to report so jobs a goodun.

Oh and i also fitted a spoonfed tuning extended carbon fiber rear spoiler (purely for looks as the weight save is minimal)

Let me know your thoughts

20120114_133655.jpg

P1010257.jpg

P1010255.jpg

P1010262.jpg

P1010261.jpg

P1010251.jpg

Big thanks to James in the states top man

Cheers

Jon

What wipers have you got fitted ? as there seems to be plenty of room for the wiper arm arc!

One piece looks so much cleaner,

Have you road tested the rear spoiler yet ? im sure you will notice it more in the up position in the rear view mirror

Wiper blades are Mk4 golf ones mate, and the arms are tt ones. Have to agree the one piece does look so much cleaner, main reason i felt the need to change is that the old 3 piece ones were so discoloured i got sick of back to blacking them

Cheers Chris

Jon

so golf 4 blades.... both driver or one of each? PS bin the rear wiper matey!! ; )

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

ps are you going to Elsecar??

I used the Bosch 928S aerotwin wiper blades they are for a Mk4 golf 98-2002 and for Bora from 2002.. I think to fit them i put the drivers blade on passenger side and passenger on the drivers side. They work really well got told about them on here

Elsecar ill be there mate have never missed it since owning the raddo great show, as for removing the rear wiper i still use it to this day and it will always stay :-)

Jon

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Looks good but what about the cams and all the other stuff :) x

The cams are in as said on page 24 darling, as for other stuff i think ive only got the steering wheel left to put on then its time for some paint sometime soon :cool: X

i dont wanna sound like johnny rain cloud but the prices imo doesnt justify it,http://spoonfedtuning.myshopify.com/collections/all especialy for the spoiler atleast {$450!!}, seeing as theres nothing wrong with the original, looks or function.

i dont wanna sound like johnny rain cloud but the prices imo doesnt justify it,http://spoonfedtuning.myshopify.com/collections/all especialy for the spoiler atleast {$450!!}, seeing as theres nothing wrong with the original, looks or function.

True but i wanted to be different :shades:, People spend 2K on BBS split wheels when theres nothing wrong with the standard solitude/speedlines why becasue they want to be different it cost to be different but the way i see it is lifes too short if you can afford it buy it end of

Jon

Sorry but you don't understand the work that goes into producing high quality/low volume parts. The costs involved with making a rear wing or many of the other parts that we make is not cheap. That tooling cost needs to be recovered when selling the parts as well as the cost of the parts. With many of the parts we make the volume of parts sold is not that high. We've sold 25 of these rear wings. So its not possible to spread that tooling cost out like you could on mass produced parts. Trust me the margins on the parts we sell is not very high and nowhere near the industry standard. We are not out to make a fortune selling these parts and instead do this for the community of Corrado owners who want unique and high quality parts for their Corrado. Few companies make parts for these cars and one reason is because people don't support the volume of parts needed to make it profitable. We could just as easily focus our time and money on making parts for other cars that are much more profitable but we choose to do this for the love of Corrados.

Thank you Jon for posting the pics of the parts and for your business. Looks great!

Looks awesome fella, I totalled up the bits I want from spoonfed for when I get another rado and it comes to something like $1300 lol.

How much are customs charges these days?

Just thought id update this, refurbished calipers/carriers, new VAG discs and pads and new backing plates fitted

corrado has been using more and more oil over the past few months so decided to get it booked in with Vince at stealth racing on the 2nd of march for 3-4 weeks.

im just after some advice really on what to change at the same time for piece of mind list up to now

bottom end rebuild (rehone etc)

water pump

oil pump

oil sump as mines a bit crusty

alternator (piece of mind)

thermostat housing done (but have a small leak from crack pipe so that will be sorted)

im getting rear brake lines done, compensator valve and rear bushes

anything else ?

yeah top end done and chains replaced twice so thats one less thing to do.

is it worth replacing the oil cooler while im there ?