Sign in to follow this  
Trig

I've bought an S3 / The S3 Thread

Didn't take long....

After only searching 2 weeks I managed to find an S3 that fitted my requirements perfectly. I was originally set to buy one in Swindon but the sale fell through (bloke decided not to sell) so I settled on one almost the same in London which I picked up today.

It's a 2000 V reg pre-facelift 210bhp with all the usual S3 stuff - Climate, Quatro, Electric Leather Recaros, 6 CD changer, Xenons etc. etc.

It has done 70k but I got it for a real bargain price IMO.

Compared to the C it really does drive like new - The gear change is lovely and solid, midrange pull is amazing and it's nice having 6 gears on the motorway. Also loving the sound system in it, never gone in for ICE in a huge way but this has made me appreciate it a lot more!

The interior is loveley and feels really solid everything is very well put together, no creaks or squeaks! Red lighting throughout looks :thumbleft:

The drive on the motorway was really comfortable with a nice quiet engine note and I was happy but it wasn't until I got back to Cornwall that I was really grinning. Round the twistys the S3 is astonishing! The handling is SO good I can't believe how fast this car goes round corners with endless grip and control. :D :D

For the driving that I do most of the time this car will be considerably quicker than the VR and I haven't even got it remapped yet!

So plans for this? Not many. I want to change to the post facelift (one piece) headlights, i'll keep the rears the same though I think - prefer them to the newer ones. Then in the summer i'll probably get a remap done which should take her up to 260bhp+, which is partly why I didn't care whether I bought a 210 or 225 as they are just different maps of the same engine.

Have also ordered LED sidelights (ala A20LEE) and some new fog bulbs.

So overall i'm really really pleased, it's exactly what I need from a car at the mo and hopefully will cost less money to keep on the road than the C.

Talking about Corrados... She's tucked up in the garage at the moment and i'm working on getting her back to good health. Door handles are fully functional as are the wipers but there are a few more bits and bobs to do plus a noise from the engine bay which needs curing. When that's done i'll then decide whether to keep or sell, mainly depending on finance. :roll:

Pictures? Might go out and take some night ones in a min otherwise they'll be up tomorrow. Have got some liquid leather on order so will be going to town on it tomorrow!

Cheers

Trig

Just re-read my post and looks like i'm slating the C a bit, in its defence though it does LOOK and SOUND better than the Audi ! ;)

Wing Mirrors are black at the moment, think i'll buy a set of chrome ones off ebay and try them out though...

Pictures! Been out this morning and taken a couple of quick snaps of the beauty and here they are! She is a little dirty but considering the journey yesterday (and a quick trip this morning in the wet) that's no great suprise!

it's worth it for the reg plate! :D

looks very tidy mate, always liked them :)

triggermyson Welcome to the ebony black S3/green Corrado club, I've got the same combination too although the C's classic green!

S3's looking well, mine's the same colour right now and I only washed it yesterday, all part of the black car experience isn't it. Mine's a post face lift 51 plate with the black leather interior but still the 210bhp, as you say though it makes no difference when it's mapped, we've got the Revo chip which is good cos it's switchable so you can give the clutch a rest every now and then. :)

Here's a pic from earlier in the year when the sun was shining

Wow, that's a coincidence!

Yours looks sweet. So you have a revo chip as opposed to a remap? What are your dyno figures with it and how much was it? Are those RS4 wheels? I want them! :)

godskitchen, yeah i'll get some interior pics tomorrow. Liquid leather hasn't turned up yet and i'm hoping it'll improve the look so i'll do some before and after shots. Having said that the leather is not bad at all as it is, just needs a little clean and some suppleness!

Unfortunately the chip was done when I bought it so I know neither the price nor the actual dyno figures. Best place for loads of info is audi-sport.net I've read opinions for and against everything though so at the end of the day you'll have to make your own choice! Expect around 260, 265bhp from a chip.

The wheels are RS4 reps with genuine centre caps, you've gotta know what you're looking for to tell them apart though 18" Michelins cost a fortune mind so I sometimes miss the 17s, I just need some spacers now to fill the arches a bit better. Next job is Powerflex all round and R32 arb's, I've got one bush clunks on the front so I might as well do the lot in one hit.

Brilliant fun though aren't they, you just keep pushing harder and harder in the corners and the car keeps getting better!

Very nice Trig, My mate bought a 225 BHP S3 about 2 months ago and its fapping gorgeous!! His has the polished alloy mirrors, not sure on them TBH!

Yeh taking corners in one is amazing.

Already registered on audi-sport (thanks to Nathan) and they seem like a nice bunch, not as imformative as this forum though unfortunately. TBH 265 is really enough!

Just noticed I have a Revo dealer very near me, might treat myself to a trial once i'm used to the car as standard!

Think my ARB has been done although there is no receipt for it.

Jesus. What mod's has that thing had?

Maybe we should turn this into the CF S3 thread? :)

345ps,452Nm MTM engine conversion,MTM modifed ECU,MTM cast exhaust manifold,K26 turbo,external wastegate,MTM downpipe,2x Miltek sports cats,Miltek 70mm low back pressure exhaust system,MTM injectors,Samco inlet and intercooler hoses,K&N panel,Modifed airbox &additional cold air feed,modified Forge bypass valve,MTM front mount additional oil cooler,Forge alloy caps and top mount covers.

engine custom mapped by Peter Link from MTM on QST's Maha rolling road.

Suspension

H&R Coilovers(custom settings)H&R adjustable anti roll bars,forge adjustable rear tiebars,custom geometry settings.

Brakes

front Movit(Porsche 911 GT3) 4 pot monobloc calipers with 342x34mm cross ventilated curved vane discs,Movit Pads.

rear Quattro GMBH/MTM 308x25 curved vane cross drilled floating discs with alloy bells,Mintex 1144 pads.

Movit braided brake lines,Mintex comp fluid.

Transmission

MTM Haldex controller(allows torque split to be locked 50/50)

MTM Paddle Clutch

Wheels/Tyres

genuine Porsche 996 turbo hollow spoke 8x18in wheels with 225/40/18 tyres on H&R Hub adaptors. Porsche alloys not shown in the picture.

wow, that must be a tool.

my mate has a standard S3 and yes it is fantastic, but I was a little dissapointed the way it behaved on the limit. I was expected a bit of rear wheel steer action, or at the least some 4 wheel drifting, but it understeered quite badly.

I suppose they have to do that for the 90% of the population that cant drive.

what do you think of the mtm haldex controller then?

The Previous owner fitted all of the mods. He too reckoned it understeered too until the Haldex Controller was fitted. I haven't pushed the car to tell you how much of a difference it makes to be honest.

345ps,452Nm MTM engine conversion,MTM modifed ECU,MTM cast exhaust manifold,K26 turbo,external wastegate,MTM downpipe,2x Miltek sports cats,Miltek 70mm low back pressure exhaust system,MTM injectors,Samco inlet and intercooler hoses,K&N panel,Modifed airbox &additional cold air feed,modified Forge bypass valve,MTM front mount additional oil cooler,Forge alloy caps and top mount covers.

engine custom mapped by Peter Link from MTM on QST's Maha rolling road.

Suspension

H&R Coilovers(custom settings)H&R adjustable anti roll bars,forge adjustable rear tiebars,custom geometry settings.

Brakes

front Movit(Porsche 911 GT3) 4 pot monobloc calipers with 342x34mm cross ventilated curved vane discs,Movit Pads.

rear Quattro GMBH/MTM 308x25 curved vane cross drilled floating discs with alloy bells,Mintex 1144 pads.

Movit braided brake lines,Mintex comp fluid.

Transmission

MTM Haldex controller(allows torque split to be locked 50/50)

MTM Paddle Clutch

Wheels/Tyres

genuine Porsche 996 turbo hollow spoke 8x18in wheels with 225/40/18 tyres on H&R Hub adaptors. Porsche alloys not shown in the picture.

Now that is the dog's dangly bits :notworthy:

The Previous owner fitted all of the mods. He too reckoned it understeered too until the Haldex Controller was fitted. I haven't pushed the car to tell you how much of a difference it makes to be honest.

well in the interests of the scientific community I think it is your duty to do so, and report back! :lol:

well in the interests of the scientific community I think it is your duty to do so, and report back! :lol:

In the interest of the scientific community i think it is your duty to wait until i come to visit and then report back!!

Does the Reg No on the car end in "53" dave?? whats the guy that sold it to you driving now?

Man, that is some serious modification. :)

What would you say is the most cost effective mod to do before a remap for a little bit extra? i.e larger TB, air filter etc.

I'm going to have to get some RS4 wheels at some point.