Sign in to follow this  
Trig

I've bought an S3 / The S3 Thread

Oh and here is an interior shot of mine, spent the last couple of hours cleaning her up...

Trigger you gaylord! stop poncing around with the leather and bring it over here so I can give the handling a proper test :wink:

( Nice car mate, hope it's put a grin back on your face )

triggermyson, My mate has the 18" RS4 rims on his S3 and he is thinking of changing them. Shall I ask him what he wants for them?

veedub-g60, yeh ask him, thanks. Money is a little short at the mo but would be cool if you could find out. :)

veedub-g60, yeh ask him, thanks. Money is a little short at the mo but would be cool if you could find out. :)

No problem, You don't know till you try!! 8)

Nice one Trig...

Wing mirrors - don't get the chrome ones from eBay, go to Audi and get the satin chrome ones - much cheaper and genuine parts!

345ps,452Nm MTM engine conversion,MTM modifed ECU,MTM cast exhaust manifold,K26 turbo,external wastegate,MTM downpipe,2x Miltek sports cats,Miltek 70mm low back pressure exhaust system,MTM injectors,Samco inlet and intercooler hoses,K&N panel,Modifed airbox &additional cold air feed,modified Forge bypass valve,MTM front mount additional oil cooler,Forge alloy caps and top mount covers.

engine custom mapped by Peter Link from MTM on QST's Maha rolling road.

Suspension

H&R Coilovers(custom settings)H&R adjustable anti roll bars,forge adjustable rear tiebars,custom geometry settings.

Brakes

front Movit(Porsche 911 GT3) 4 pot monobloc calipers with 342x34mm cross ventilated curved vane discs,Movit Pads.

rear Quattro GMBH/MTM 308x25 curved vane cross drilled floating discs with alloy bells,Mintex 1144 pads.

Movit braided brake lines,Mintex comp fluid.

Transmission

MTM Haldex controller(allows torque split to be locked 50/50)

MTM Paddle Clutch

Wheels/Tyres

genuine Porsche 996 turbo hollow spoke 8x18in wheels with 225/40/18 tyres on H&R Hub adaptors. Porsche alloys not shown in the picture.

...see now i've gone and made a mess on the in-laws PC.

damn you! :lol:

Nice one Trig...

Wing mirrors - don't get the chrome ones from eBay, go to Audi and get the satin chrome ones - much cheaper and genuine parts!

there £750 from Audi! £150-250 on ebay for secondhand ones. Nice car trigger, they need H&R ARB's!!!! Shame your in cornwall, could take you for wizz round the block in mine.

Hmmm... £750 on wing mirrors...let me think... nah I think i'll pass!

Getting hold of some facelift headlights is the no. 1 priority right now. I think maybe german ebay is the way to go but it scares me. :oops:

Nice car, always been a fan of these. Nice and subtle but very very capable.

Look forward to hearing more about it, enjoy!!

I have that bug you get with a new car where you keep thinking of places you can drive to! :lol:

I have that bug you get with a new car where you keep thinking of places you can drive to! :lol:

Take the S3 out on the roads you'd drive the C & see how they compare :wink:

nice car. same interior as mine. 100% better than the half alcantara option in my opinion.

Mirrors from ebay will be chrome or alu plated. the OEM audi ones are machined from one lump of alu.. i know.. i swapped them off my old blue S3. I think they look acceptable on the grey though so there staying now.

Wait till you try the remap. i have revo and i put it back to standard recently and HOW SLOW it felt!! back to 260bhp now and feels like it should.

Handling compared to the corrado (i had a vr6 on koni's) is very soft and wollowy although it does hold on longer sweeping corners better.. more stable. Traction is great with the haldex keeping things in check although about £400 will get you an aftermarker heldex controller that will send power to the rear when the throttle is pressed compared to when the front slips as it is now.

The 18" wheels not only look better but make the handling sharper aswell. Check your tyre pressures aswell. the best combination is 32psi front and 36psi rear. this also helps reduce the understeer!

hope you have fun. there great all rounder cars. i love mine to bits. its comfy, handles ok and embarases more expensive things out there :)

Thanks for the tips Nathan, i'll check the tyre pressure tomorrow. Are your wheels replicas or genuine?

Don't plan on spending much on it until the summer but remap will be top of the list, I might get a demo in the near future to check it out though ;)

my wheels are genuine ones yes but i had reps on my previous S3. Just make sure you get reps with the concave dish look. some are very very flat and look cheap and nasty in my opinion.

leigh tyres did my reps before and will know what your talking about if you ask for 'dish' or 'concave' wheels.

the revo remap is more agressive than the AMD or APS one but its been on my car for about 15000 miles now and no clutch issues yet. Also it is nice to have the option to turn it off. I have heard the trial is about 70% power that the actual remap will be though.

I just had a little blip in Trigs car.

It's a lovely looking car in fairness, and the seats and interior are the usuall Audi quality, but I have to admit to being seriously underwelmed when it came to power and grin factor :? ( I didn't drive it very far though and I was a bit wary of driving Trigs new toy, so I doubt I got the most out of it )- It'll be interesting to see what it's like to drive after the re-map and suspension change.

At the end of the day, i'm completey blinkered when it comes to cars. Whenever I drive another car I just compare it to the Corrado and i've not managed to find anything that beats the all round enjoyment that it gives.

I didn't know Trig had bought an S3, but 100% agreed with you Mr Wales. Nice, but not nearly naughty enough!

When they're chipped and suspensioned up though, they're different cars.....but the numb, lifeless steering (typical Audi trait) will always remain.

all this talk of s3's had me looking - I'll admit it!

s3 for 10k, look mint. However I think I could be tempted by a clio v6 for 10k, just for stupidity factor.

Overall, I would get a Goof 4mo as they are a couple of grand cheaper and have a v6 :D

I agree with you Walesy everything is a lot more refined (and less naughty) it does lack the rawness of a VR.

In my book however, that's not necessarily such a bad thing. It isn't supposed to be a savage animal it's supposed to be a daily driver with some omph that wont shed parts all the time and has some added mod cons. For those reasons alone it is perfect. :)

It's like when top gear do comparisons between old and new sports cars and moan about all the engine/traction/stability/window management in the newer car that spoils the fun... but technically it's a better car.

Biggest downside in the transition is the loss of the VR sound :(

I am definately going to get a remap though (from the RK boys) and i'm really looking forward to it! I keep saying i'll leave it a bit but I reckon once the money is in my account it'll take a lot of restraint to hold back! :oops:

Nice, but not nearly naughty enough!

Yeah, that sums it up well tbh

I agree with you Walesy everything is a lot more refined (and less naughty) it does lack the rawness of a VR.

In my book however, that's not necessarily such a bad thing. It isn't supposed to be a savage animal it's supposed to be a daily driver with some omph that wont shed parts all the time and has some added mod cons. For those reasons alone it is perfect.

It's like when top gear do comparisons between old and new sports cars and moan about all the engine/traction/stability/window management in the newer car that spoils the fun... but technically it's a better car.

Biggest downside in the transition is the loss of the VR sound

I am definately going to get a remap though (from the RK boys) and i'm really looking forward to it! I keep saying i'll leave it a bit but I reckon once the money is in my account it'll take a lot of restraint to hold back!

Yeah, fair point mate - I realise it's ideal for what you're looking for, and it's a fecking nice car for a good price too tbh. It's certainly a nice daily driver and like I said earlier, you can feel that the engine has alot more to give, so it should be alot better after the re-map etc 8) - I'm just a fecker when it comes to cars, if it aint a raddo it's crap :oops: :lol:

It won't be long before large wedges of cash are leaving your account in the direction of RKE, they have a habbit of doing it - especially since John joined the ranks, you'll go in for an oil change and come out with a different engine :lol: