Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

New Uprated 80% brighter H4 Bulbs (Standard Wattage)

Errr, yeah deffo take the headlights out to change bulbs, I would also recommend people to change the screws, especially the middle one if they are at all rusty..

Sidelights however can be done in situ with a pair of pliers to help the bulb out.

so in short the changing of the bulbs is a royal pain in the a** then?

:D

Not as easy as it should be but if you do it properly (as I didn't) and remove the lights first then its a 2 min job.

ST

Right then.

Had my first drive in the VR with the new bulbs in.

Vastly improved over the ones that I had in there before.

With dipped beam I can see a healthy distance up the road and am not dazzled by oncoming vehicles, main beam is great can see a lot furthur than before. From my hazy memory of driving 2cc's valver with an uprated loom the new bulbs are about on par with that.

That's with 170k lenses on the front too - a new set of those would probably improve things a bit more.

I'm trying to order some of these from the website on the first page, but when i click on the 'proceed to secure server' i get a blank page. Any ideas?

i went out and got some of the halfords super brilliance bulbs on sunday, They are buy one get one free at the mo btw

fitted them (is easy Saint tricky), take off grill, 3 screws per light, 1 plug to unplug.

anyway, i don't find them much different at all, i even wondered if my lights were on while driving thru town :lol:

so where sayin the Halfords Brilliance Bulbs for h3's, the new 80% better philps h4's & an uprated loom then, yeh?

that confused me.

howcome the corrado has H4 and H3 for full beam?

Cos the main bulbs are H4s which have a dual filament, so you get dip and main in one beam. The light closer to the centre is a single filament H3 that only comes on with main beam, so you get an extra 110 watts or something on main.

its only really on dipped lights i have trouble seeing with, so thats alright, ta

i think i'll have to try a new loom out next

They don't do an H3 unfortunatly...

Yes they do. :p

Not the 50% super brilliance ones but the 30% brilliance range. Got a set just before chrimbo for my valver.