Sign in to follow this  
thegolffather

corrado vr6 fuel question

I get 31-34mpg on a 130 mile round trip of mostly motorway and dual carriageway.

Busy urban routes with plenty of waiting it will drop to 23-28mpg.

Personally I'd get a lot less than that. maybe 27 if I stick to mostly legal speeds. 24 if I drive 'normally'. Thats on a similar length journey as the good Mr Owl there.

Don't you think there must be something not quite right with yours double-6s?

I have seen plenty of others on here getting over 30mpg from VR6s.

Nah, I reckon its just the way I drive mate. A shrapnel (spelling?) wound to my right leg means I've got a heavy accelerator foot! :) Seriosuly I just think it's because I accelerate at every available opportunity because I love it so much. My other vr and my previous golf vr were the same (near as damn it).

I've also got a schrick, cams and enlarged TB which probably don't help?

And it depends what you mean by 'getting mid 30's at motorway speeds'? If I reset my computer when crusing then yeah i could get 30 something too. Or do you mean the whole journey average?

the whole journey............I reset MFA2 when I do any sort of distance in the C...........most of my journies are normally town-based so obviously I only get early 20's but when I go any sort of distance and am just doing between 70 and 80mph I see 33-35mpg

I would never see my average get anywhere near that to be honest. I got 40.2 average once from dover to brighton when i realised in dover that i had no money for petrol. I tucked in behind a lorry all the way! Soooo boring.....

My average is probably about 30-33 on the motorway, 25-29 down the back roads.

On my last fill up I got 33 mpg and that was a 150 mile A roads trip with a car full of people and luggage.... I was only doing 70mph all the way though!

Sitting at 70 I've managed to get it up to 36-37. Generally on a motorway journey I get around 34-35. It's a lot better than my old 16v mk2 Golf GTi so it always impresses me.

- Ross

I travel bang on 25 miles to work, which is mostly motorway, then an entertaining blat up some twisty A roads.

I end the trip averaging about 31 mpg.

On longer motorway runs I CAN get the kind of figures that are being quoted above by Rodders et al but like double-6s, I enjoy the performance of the VR a bit too much to get that all the time!

My overall mpg always stays around the 29mpg mark! Amazing really for such a large engine, either that or the MFA is a bit out.