Sign in to follow this  
DaveVR6

Ever googled your car reg?

A friend of mine happened to do it (unintentionally) while looking to buy a car, found out it had been involved in an accident!

But its something id not though of doing before...

Just tried mine, got nothing made any sense. Tried all the cars I've owned, same result. Dissapointing, was hoping to find out what happened to my old valver :(

Interesting, 90 % of the google links from typing in my reg go to the corrado forum, but it seems that a personalised reg company is listing / selling my registration that is on my rado right now (they are also selling another forum members personal reg as well) !!

Wouldn't have thought they are allowed to do this whatsoever, well we'll soon find out after a phone call to dvla.........

BigTartanJudge, What a p*sstake.

And actually the criminals car of choice is the subara imprezza. Not that i know from experience, that is.

dvla has confirmed they are not allowed to advertise currently applied registration marks, so I gave the company a quick call and mentioned "false advertising", "trading standards" and "have spoken to dvla" and they are going to remove it from sale immediatley.............clowns ;-)

Interesting, 90 % of the google links from typing in my reg go to the corrado forum, but it seems that a personalised reg company is listing / selling my registration that is on my rado right now (they are also selling another forum members personal reg as well) !!

Wouldn't have thought they are allowed to do this whatsoever, well we'll soon find out after a phone call to dvla.........

Funny you should mention that there is also another reg company selling the number plate from my old storm!

I wonder if the new owner is aware thier plate is on the market?!!! :?

Nout for any of mine, probably a good thing though!

That's really weird about the companies selling private plates, I wonder what would happen if you actually tried to buy your plate from them, could put them in hot water. Quite worrying really!