Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Mobile Phone Ban!!

yeah, but it should also cover:

applying make-up/doing your hair (never done this one myself)

eating a burger whilst holding a 'thick-shake' in the other hand

undoing the wrapper on a Ginsters Pasty/opening a packet of crisps (then consuming)

drinking from a tinny whilst smoking

reading the paper

etc, etc...

Never did understand why a specific 'crime' like this had to be written into law, thinking about it, probably either to give a few politicians good publicity or just to scare a few people into obedience.

yeah , bout time , no one took any notice of the £25 fine they introduced , too many people not concentrating on driving - pet hate of mine

Great news - but still think there's insufficient numbers of police on the roads to enforce it properly so will it really make a huge difference - don't think so.

Great news - but still think there's insufficient numbers of police on the roads to enforce it properly so will it really make a huge difference - don't think so.

unfortunately i agree, you dont realise how many people do it til you ride a bike, then its scary how they wander all over the road or change lane without indication :x

Looking forward to dishing some of those out.

Pet hate of mine also. No one takes notice of the £30 fines.

3 points will make them think twice :)

T.

About bloody time! You see all these BMW's and Mercs driving round with the driver on there bloody phones! Like £30 would ever be a deterant! If I can afford a Bluetooth handsfree kit for my car, I'm sure these well paid business men/women can! Drives me mad!

cars are dangerous things and not your front room. Shouldnt treat them the same.

no chance of that - my car gets treated loads better! reckon I live in it longer too given the amount of rush hour traffic :roll:

persecuting drivers yet again.... ok it's for our safety, but htey still get money out of us!!! the busies are money hungry b@stards....

have to agree with mattosmond, yes it's a safety concern but just seems like another revenue grabbing exercise to me otherwise why isn't all that davidwort mentioned not specific too??

Um... any suggestions as to how to enforce the law then ?

Perhaps the road rozzas should shout really loudly at offenders :roll:

Best bit of news today. (Other than hearing that Blair will resign if his aid is charged )

Um... any suggestions as to how to enforce the law then ?

Perhaps the road rozzas should shout really loudly at offenders :roll:

Best bit of news today. (Other than hearing that Blair will resign if his aid is charged )

i think that they should enforce it offering subsidised proper hands free kits that are wired into your stereo, i used to mave one in my mk4 golf and it was great, but havent been bothered to get another as they are £150!!!

Its all take take take with the police and they never give anything back or cut drivers a good deal on safety products (such as handsfree)!

I personally think that windscreen mounted sat navs are more dangerous as they can obscure a drivers line of vision and are very bright! but thas just me!

I personally think that windscreen mounted sat navs are more dangerous as they can obscure a drivers line of vision and are very bright! but thas just me!

In theory, they (and their stick on holders) should fail the MOT for obstructing the front windscreen.

They should fail the MOT if still stuck on when being MOT'D.

And on the "rozzers get to keep all the money from fines" front, we don't. Most forces are on their asses when it comes to their funding and we can only dream of keeping all the revinue from traffic fines.

I agree with the brightness/line of vision that these stupid sat-nav efforts introduce though. Why is it that you see the same cars everyday going to the same place of work day in, day out and they still have their sat-nav on? Do they not know their way by now?!!

I don't think cost is the issue here. It is simply down to the punishment not being severe enough to scare people away from breaking the law. This is what they need to do to stop it.

Invariably we see most of these plums on mobiles in new or nearly new BMW's and similar. If they can afford to run a new car (regardless of what it is) i'm sure they can afford that - or even £60 for a bluetooth hands free!

I don't think cost is the issue here. It is simply down to the punishment not being severe enough to scare people away from breaking the law. This is what they need to do to stop it.

Invariably we see most of these plums on mobiles in new or nearly new BMW's and similar. If they can afford to run a new car (regardless of what it is) i'm sure they can afford that - or even £60 for a bluetooth hands free!

No matter how severe the punishment we have to accept that until somebody introduces a hands free camera there will still be very few prosecutions. There are simply too few police actually on the street to enforce the laws. When I was first driving, if you had a light out you were pulled and got a ticket, now I see cars every day with lights out and nobody gets stopped. However on my 250 mile journey from home to work I pass over 20 "safety" cameras on dual carriageways and motorways that are simply collecting another tax for Tony and Gordon.

About bloody time! You see all these BMW's and Mercs driving round with the driver on there bloody phones! Like £30 would ever be a deterant! If I can afford a Bluetooth handsfree kit for my car, I'm sure these well paid business men/women can! Drives me mad!

spot on mate. Thats what gets me too. The fact that their arrogance at driving an expensive car makes them above the law :mad:

Most people i see on the phone are lorry drivers and white van men. Exactly the people who you would think would have most to loose from getting points or a ban.

lorry drivers have to do a job like move stuff lots of stuff, but some are still W**kers some are nice guys. i have to drive the A420 every day the other day there was 5 lorrys all in a line, ok big overtake job on so i start passing i get past 2 lorrys ,and i can see a lorry coming the otherway no time to make the hole lot so i pull in a gap 1/2 way nice only 3 to go then the w**ker in the lorry to the rear get right up my ass like 2 feet :shock: so i just waited untill a gap and dun the rest with the finger fullly extened to him :lol:

i was not on the phone , and i hate to see ppl doing it i have seen makeup been put on the eyes :shock: the the bitch put her glasses back on :shock: :shock: i just made her chnage down by slowing down :lol: