Sign in to follow this  
andy_vw

Lupo Wipers - First installed...

Hi all,

Fitted my lupo Wipers at the weekend... Got them sat just where I want them parked... However:

Problem 1) Drivers wiper goes off the edge of the screen (pic1)

Problem 2) Drivers wiper doesnt wipe far enough over (pic2)

Problem 3) Drivers (& maybe passengers) one make nasty judder noises...

Don't ask me what the parts they are - as they came un-fitted with the car... Looks like a Drivers & passenger arms though.

Any pointers would be great! :)

Thanks,

Andy

you need 2 passenger arms i think,that will be why its touching, the juddering is cos the arms are so dam good, they press hard on the glass

yea you need 2 driver's side arms, part number is 6x2 955 410c

not sure why they would be juddering tho, might be worth just giving your wiper blades and windscreen a clean with some detergent :?:

Right, been out with my tape measure - both blades are the same size - 19" (48cm)... The drivers arm is 56cm & the passenger is 50cm...

So if I bought another passenger side arm, it'll be ok?

Cheers,

Andy

I found the Lupo ones juddery too, try switching to late MK1 Audi TT blades as they're half the profile of the Lupo ones and don't judder at all. They are MUCH better and the same price. I've also got the TT arms, but that's a different topic.

No - blades are the same length but the offset is different - swap them and you'll see what I mean

You either need to order another arm or take them to an engineering shop to re-weld it to the same length as the shorter one

I had the 'original' setup on my C - the drivers and passenger arm & blade combo on my C and it fitted fine.

I agree in that you probably need to swap them around.

My passenger side didn't lie completely flat - it rested about where the middle of your tax disc is - and near the edge - but both swept and didn't hit either side.

It'll work fine if you just try switching them in combo ;)

I think I had the passenger and drivers' blades round the 'wrong' way for it to work.

Has anybody tried the retro fit blades yet? Like Lupo blades but fit standard arms.

Click here

Have those on my Passat and they work well.

But the problem with the Corrado is the arms, not the blades - so those won't work well on a C at all.

Has anybody tried the retro fit blades yet? Like Lupo blades but fit standard arms.

Click here

Yes, and it was even worse than the standard.....the aero blades are curved, thus proving how crap the standard arms are, the aero blades are supposed to have improved pressure on the screen but this will only work if the blade actually touches the screen!

They work well on the rear though.

we don't get much rain. Lol...I don't even have wipers on the car anymore.

another reason to hate you, apart from that stunning rado you have 8)

Yes, and it was even worse than the standard.....the aero blades are curved, thus proving how crap the standard arms are, the aero blades are supposed to have improved pressure on the screen but this will only work if the blade actually touches the screen!

OK that was a definate don't buy those then...Not much more to say. Shall have to get me a set of Lupo arms..

Love the work well on the rear :D

Mine started to judder after refitting them while installing a new scuttle panel, loosened of the nut just a touch attaching them to the spindle and that sorted it. They don't need to be super tight, just enough to hold them.

Click here

Yes, i tried the retrofits and they were pretty poor, despite doing the awful mod of bending the wiper arms more to gain some more pressure. Havent got round to getting the Lupo arms yet.

Does anyone know where you can buy 19" Lupo Aero wiper blades other than the stealers? I tried GSF, they only sold one kit for the Lupo GTi which was labelled 'Golf Passat' but one of the blades was too long (prob 21").

Instead I bought an aero wiper refill kit from GSF, but these are no good for the Lupo GTi blades as the chunky rubber 'spoiler' part of the blade is part of the rubber wiping blade itself, the kit only contains blade refills that are small like traditional wiper inserts. :(