Sign in to follow this  
herisites

My Saturday Detail

Well it was a superb day yesterday and i didnt have much on so thought i would give the C a good clean and ended up doing the works really as usual :lol:

The Process:

- Hosed down whole car to wash off loose dirt, washed wheels with AG Wheel Cleaner and tyres with AG Rubber Care, rinsed wheels and tyres. Washed body with AG shampoo and pressure rinsed. Then dried with microfibre drying towel.

- 2 coats of Meguairs Scratch-X, first coat was thrown on quite liberally and went over quite quickly applied to a panel, applied to next panel and removed from last panel and so on. Then went over again straight away more concentrated.

- Then prepped the paint for polishing with Meguairs Step 1 Paint Cleaner.

- Then applied AG SRP to the whole car (i have megs step 2 polish but i much prefer SRP as its easier to wipe on and off and is also very good at filling in swirls in the paint that the scratch-x couldnt get).

- And finally for the body i waxed with Meguairs Step 3 Carnuaba wax (love the smell!) to protect the finish.

- And finally cleaned all exterior plastic trims and glass inside and out.

The Results:

detail-pic1.jpg detail-pic2.jpg detail-pic3.jpg detail-pic4.jpg detail-pic5.jpg detail-pic6.jpg detail-pic7.jpg

Then i took some pics of the mirror finish in the garage!!

detail-shine1.jpg

detail-shine3.jpg

detail-shine4.jpg

Enjoy 8)

Rob.

Looks absolutely fantastic Rob! :shock: :D

Love the top/middle pic,looks propper tough :twisted:

Good work m8,im sure you will keep it up!

Neil.

I have to agree with Furki - the car looks awesome mate but not into the tinted headlights and i've got a set of that Lamin-X sitting in my room that I think i'm never gonna fit! I honestly thought it wouldn't be as dark a tint as it actually seems to be :(

Looks awesome though mate - get pics up on the Vortex Corrado forum - the Americans will REALLY dig that car :)

Cheers guys :D

Furki and Jim - the tints are going soon, i have only kept them on because i paid for the things and wanna get SOME use from them :lol: you are right Jim i also didnt think they would be quite as dark, i wanted a subtle tint but they are way too dark. Oh and yeah i will get over to the Vortex forum, not been on there before so might pop on and say hi 8)

Riley - Cheers mate, if you say it looks fantastic then i know i have done a good job :D

I was also going to clay bar it but i didnt think it was necessary so didnt bother. I havent used clay before so i am finding cars to clean to practise with :lol:

So watch this space for some more details to come 8)

mmmmmmm - Mirror Finish! Looking good ;)

Is the side of your car really that mint? Can't see one parking ding!

Andy.

I was also going to clay bar it but i didnt think it was necessary so didnt bother. I havent used clay before so i am finding cars to clean to practise with :lol:

So watch this space for some more details to come 8)

If the car hasn't been clayed before you might be suprised at how much schitt will come off when you do it.

Awesome looking rado meight! :)

Try the old Microfibre trick Rob...

After washing/drying the car...rub a microfibre over the rear/back bumper and if it drags slightly more than the sides then its probably worth claying...around the sills/bottom half at least...

Was a waste of time on mine 8) :lol:

Oh...and i love the headlights! :shock: :(

mmmmmmm - Mirror Finish! Looking good ;)

Is the side of your car really that mint? Can't see one parking ding!

Andy.

Yes mate, no parking dents as of yet :D the rear bumper however has been bumped as it has some scratches and light scuffs in places :x

Try the old Microfibre trick Rob...

After washing/drying the car...rub a microfibre over the rear/back bumper and if it drags slightly more than the sides then its probably worth claying...around the sills/bottom half at least...

Was a waste of time on mine 8) :lol:

Oh...and i love the headlights! :shock: :(

Yeah i think some parts will definately need claying like you say the bottom half and sills etc but just couldnt be bothered :lol: i will use it on someone else car first and see how i get on and then do mine another time.

The lights have such mixed views, some people really like them others detest them and i dont really know how i feel about them, i think they make the car look moody and they are protecting the glass during this schit weather etc which is another reason why im keeping them on. BUT i do think i prefer the car without them after looking at previous pics of it :(

It rained today so thought i would take a couple of pics of the beading from the wax, looks great :D

detail-beads1.jpg

Bonnet

detail-beads2.jpg

Roof

Cheers 8)

it looks brand new !! :shock: mine has four months of dust and finger prints all over it.....hint hint :norty:

You best clean it then :lol:

I have had quite a few people ask if i have had a respray and im proud to say 'No im just good at cleaning it' :D

I just got a new claybar kit from halfrauds this weekend...its got two clay bars in it and a sample of polish + a cloth. not bad price too.

I also picked up a set of headlamp bulbs for my leon, halfrauds had them on bogof.

I just got a new claybar kit from halfrauds this weekend...its got two clay bars in it and a sample of polish + a cloth. not bad price too.

I also picked up a set of headlamp bulbs for my leon, halfrauds had them on bogof.

I will have to have a look for one of those clay bars then. I was just going to get the Meguairs Quick Clay kit.