Sign in to follow this  
ziderapple

I just bought a Mk1 :D

Really shouldnt of bought it but couldnt resist, comes with a huge file full of history with tonnes of recipts, service book all old mot's and laminated photos of a bare metal respray done a few years ago, its also had a 16v transplant with four branch manny.

Sorry about the crap photos.

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

To be fair it does need some work, but thats to expected, if you want a minty one your paying £2k plus. Basically its cosmetic interior stuff req, blowing on the exhaust manifold, needs a good clean and all the other things that come with a car thats been stood for 6 months ie. full service and a tune up.

Well chuffed, have to lose the wheels though - 16's on a Mk1!!

Like the mk1 mate - don't think the wheels look to bad but would prob change them myself too ;)

Used to have a mk1 driver and am planning to buy a cab (hopefully a Rivage) before spring if all goes well selling the C 8)

..Well chuffed, have to lose the wheels though - 16's on a Mk1!!

Good man.Most people seem hell-bent on putting massive tyres on their cars at the moment,it's not always a good look.

Congrats on the MK1.

And there was me thinking again that on a Corradoforum, Mk1 meant Mk1 Scirocco, the natural ancestor to the C :lol:. Nevertheless, nice example of a Mk1 Golf you got there, and by your description, it was well worth getting, too, well done :-)

After all, it was designed by the same chap who did my all-time favourite, the Mk1 Rocco.

Tempest

my mate used to have a mk1 1.6 gti ,awesome car, shame it fell apart with rust and the head was bent :( still sold it for £300 quid tho

makes me want to get a nice one

Lovely, congrats on the purchase. Looks pretty tidy, I like the colour too. One day I'm gonna get myself a mk1, love 'em.

Very nice looking Mk1 there! I Love the MK1's, got a 83 Gti and its brilliant. Its in semi retirement now but i would never get rid of it!

The way i look at it is why just have one classic? So thats why i bought my Corrado VR6 and so that i could enjoy the best of both worlds!

Have fun with your new toy!

Thanks for the comments guy's and Tempest I thought the same after I posted, would love a mk1 'rocco too! I just love old dubs, I'm 23 and on my 7th now, will be plenty more to come aswell. The best thing about the mk1 is how much I paid for it.... Case of the bloke just wanted it gone, silly offer accepted!! :)

:shock: You're kidding? Yes, I'd have definitely gone for a Mk1 Golf, too, at that price and that condition :-)

Tempest

Nice,enjoy it man 8)

Id lose the wheels too,15's best for a mk1 imo both looks and handling wise...

Neil.

In the bottom pic you can just make out a 15" RX2, immaculate set waiting to go on, would like some early BBS splits, Ronal turbo's or Schmidt's thou.