Sign in to follow this  
tonedef

Rain X

Anybody that regularly drives motorways and A roads should be using this stuff, forget your Lupo wipers and get some Rain X on the screen. 80/90 all the way down the A1, A14, M11 etc to Kent from Chesterfield this morning, hardly used the wipers even when passing trucks, brilliant :lol:

rain x is cool , but does run out the durt seams to get to it

I try to remember to do mine each week when I've given the screen a really good clean. It doesn't help much around town but once on the motorway it's stunning!

yeah you have to do it weekly and use loads for full rain x mode , i find the more i put on the better it was , have you tryed the demister stuff they do for the inside it works in the frost to.

I need to get some Rain-x but for now i have just used the spray my mum uses on the shower glass as thats supposed to repel water so i will see how that does for now :lol:

I have used it from time to time over the years - I have some in the garage now.

What gets me is how much work it is to put it on as per the instructions. Maybe a spray on type will emerge some day.

yeah you have to do it weekly and use loads for full rain x mode , i find the more i put on the better it was , have you tryed the demister stuff they do for the inside it works in the frost to.

I tried some of Halfrauds own stuff a few years ago with some success, never seemed to get it polished up well enough for some reason. Of course since I went to great lengths to install climatronic in the Corrado I'd be admitting defeat applying something else for demisting now!

its great if you only use water or rain X additive in your washer bottle otherwise it wears off quickly, rain X combined with silicone wiper blades and the rain X additive and you never need to re-apply it, it is very wierd stuff though i found myself getting distracted by the big droplets of water that just fly off the glass when you go above 40. :lol:

its great for the side glass and boot as well it lasts for ages and stops any dirt sticking to the glass.

oh and it also works really well on glass shower screens :lol:

fantastic stuff, cover all the glass in it on my C. also use the De-misting rain X stuff too, really good if your heater takes a bout a year to warm up, i went to work early one morning when all the other cars were iced up, and my windscreen was completly clear!! THATS AMAZING!! :shocked!:

I found clay bar'ing the screen with some Swissol detail spray seems to do the same job and lasts longer too. I did that 6 months ago and water still runs up the glass at motorway speeds without needing the wipers.

Have to agree Rain-Ex is great stuff, Have to re-do it again on the Rado, as its beginning to wear off since I did it in the summer.

Used to use on my Single-wiper Skyrocket (Like that from the Factory NOT Ricer-ed) and hardly ever used the wiper above 30!

Works on the mirrors too, rear screen not so good due to the air-flow over the car, needs a roof spoiler or similar to get a good effect (Found this on my old SCAB 9000 with no wiper, shoved some plastic in the top of the hatch/roof gap and worked great...but looked shite)

I did that 6 months ago and water still runs up the glass at motorway speeds without needing the wipers.

whats your motorway speed though? 120mph?? :lol:

I use mers rain away,and mers rain away screen wash on the outside.Does the job...

And mers anti-fog on the inside. 8)

All this gear works better/longer if you have minty clean glass first. :)

Neil.

I used to use Rain-ex loads, but tbh I haven't cleaned the car in 6+ weeks, so haven't applied any recently :oops: