Sign in to follow this  
Pukka

My VR6 - fresh from bodyshop

Well after 6 months or so of owning the corrado i put my hand in my pocket and got the car resprayed and a few mods done. i got it rushed out of the bodyshop last saturday at 7pm and rolled straight down to the Ultimate Dubs show... talk about cutting it fine, i had to get the organisers to let me in at 10pm!!

The car has done 106k, and was standard when i got it apart from some horrible 17" rims.

I've fitted a green cotton filter, scorpion cat back stainless exhaust and have a 6 branch manifold and milltek de-cat going on shortly.

Bodyshop has just done:

Smoothed front bumper, no fogs or indicators

Indicators re-located to headlamps

headlamp inners painted black and lenses tinted with film

mattig de-badged grille

side repeaters welded up and smoothed

door rub strip mouldings removed

de-locked handles

arches rolled and sealed

badges removed from rear

90mm splitter

I've decked the car on weitec coilovers and fitted the 8.5" x 15" BBS RM's which luckily dont catch at all!

let me know what you think...

DSCF0556.jpg

DSCF0559.jpg

DSCF0560.jpg

DSCF0561.jpg

DSCF0563.jpg

Scott

did think about those but we're going to do something different with the standard items when it goes back in to get the aerial removed and a couple of other bits...

that looks like a well pukka job, (sorry could not resist it) saw it at UD and was very impressed. well done.

karl

I saw your car at UD mate and it looked fantastic! Love the rims! They look biger than 15's though i thought they were 16's.

yum! liking that a lot, love the front number plate! lol

Think itd suit colour coded front grill too without the badge

Gav

Thats looks fantastic. bloody lovely colour and the WHEEEELS just make u want violent sex :roll: :lol:

cheers guys!

they're def. 15's lol we came across them by luck, my mate who did my RS's for my polo had them in his shed so ordered up some new outers, bit of paint and voila!

had to grind on the front caliper/ carrier to fit them tho :)

not sure where i stand on the number plate location, until i can make up some brackets or the law tells me otherwise, thats where its staying lol

i like the grill using the golf vr6 badge, its textured tho so not sure about the colour coding idea... am taking all suggestions on board tho :wink:

scott

i never thought i'd like the front bumper all smooth,but u just changed my mind,think i'm gonna get me spare front bumper done the same :D

these are RM's tho bud, originally off a Cav GSi - 5 x 110 PCD and so had them drilled to 5 x 100 for the VR.

furkz saw the car at UD's and was the first thing he asked too...

scott

am really happy with it thanks mate!

i split the headlights and have drilled out and fitted a bulb holder in the casing between the main beam/ full beam reflectors. At the minute i've got a small side repeater bulb in there but waiting on some high power led's and going to fashion a small reflector around them for maximum visibility.

scott

That looks awesome. I thought all 15" RS were 4 stud? In theory it wont pass an MOT with no side repeaters?

when the time comes i'll work a way of attaching some side repeaters to the mirrors like the new mercs... either that or one of my customers at work will pass it i'm sure 8)

Scott

i wouldn't change anythin to it mate, i reckon she looks perfect as is,and is how i would have had done it,really impressed by it mate,makes me want a blue rado :lol:

That is lovely, something for me to aim for! And to think I sold my rm's last year because I though they would be too small for the Corrado, Doh!

thats looks 8) , credit to your hard work.

have you got any side on shots to see how the 15's look from the side.

Looks great Scott, you'll have to drive over to my place, I need to see it.

If you need any Stainless brackets making up for your plate, just give me a shout.

Dave

Aaaaaannnd I'm spent!

That is fooking lovely mate! Loving the super smooth front bumper. Somehow it makes the front look a load more modern

And the wheels don't look too small even though they're 15's, but that probably cos of the ride height and rim girth :lol:

Thats gorgeous mate!!! 8)

Get a pic of the indicators flashing though, Im interested to see how they look. ;)

Very nice Vr you have.. like what you've done, only thing I aint kean on is the headlight tint stuff..

as for side repeaters, myn passed no probs as I removed myn....

Looks great Scott, you'll have to drive over to my place, I need to see it.

If you need any Stainless brackets making up for your plate, just give me a shout.

Dave

i'll have to see how next weekend pans out and get in touch mate,i've got another mate with a vr who wants to see it so might do a mini meet lol

i need to have a look how to fix the brackets but i may well take you up on that offer Dave!

i like the darkened headlights but i've been thinking of other ways to achieve the effect like lacquer with a hint of black in it.

will get some pics of the indicators once the high power LED's have come as they're a bit sketchy at the minute, at night the light is absorbed by main beam so i have to be careful :roll:

scott