quicky1980

Re: Quicky's Corrado - Audi 3.2

Thats what I had on the green VR and I thought it was a great Combination, in fact it was spot on for road driving. The guy that bought my old car is maybe putting coilovers on and if he does Im buying the Koni's / H&R's back.

How did you get round the decat for the MOT? I tried the "this car never came from the factory" line but the MOT'er just said he went by car age.

cool, thanks for the ideas guys.

My car is a 1992 and iirc the cat legislation came in at 93/94 so I can use the line "it doesnt need it" plus the guy didnt notice the deleted side indicators so maybe he wasnt too strict. :luvlove:

KW has built up a massive fanbase within VW circles but personally I would never have them again. I run KW V1s and to be honest I wish I'd gone for V2s or V3s for further adjustability or had gone for another make altogether.

The roads around me aren't great and imo the KWs aren't set up well from the factory - they seem to have decided that hard springs with soft rebound rates would give the best of both worlds but in reality what you get on bumpy roads is a still relatively hard ride with lots of bounce. Couple this with the fact that my units have been sent back TWICE due to leaking dampers (and in both cases they had to be flown to Germany for 'testing' before I was refunded under warranty - a turn around of about 6 weeks with me having to put a deposit down on new dampers in the meantime) and in my experience KW isn't as good as everyone makes it out to be. At the very least I'd probably go for a UK company if possible to avoid these kinds of warranty issues.

Anyway, that's just my opinion and as I said there seem to be endless KW fanboys but whatever make you go for I would suggest you go for fully bump/rebound adjustable coilovers as your personal take on what is a comfortable or a hard ride is doubtless different to an engineer in Germany who drives on smooth roads everyday...

Ever since first fitting the engine and exhaust manifold theres been the clash with the bulkhead and exhaust. Dubpower had no idea of the cause but said that I needed to raise the gearbox side, did that and it levelled out the engine in the engine bay but didnt cure the clash.

Fortunately I met Pete at GTi Inters and we got chatting and he was just as confused as me so we spoke to "insert name here" from Storm Developments and he had the answer. The corrado requires the rear engine mount trimming down 20mm. And guesse what he was right.

Took a spare engine mount apart, cut down the rubber by 20mm and trimmed the metal shaft on the mount by 20mm. The metal shaft then needed drilling out and tapping to make up for the change. I did the work on an old mount and reckon 20mm was too much so will modify the good mount to loose 15mm instead. Either way, it looks like the manifold clears the bulkhead and when I drove it it sounded much quieter and the drone had gone :clap:

So to summarise, the r32 swap will need slight modding to the rear engine mount to allow the dubpower exhaust to work correctly. I modified the front mount to clear the r32 cooler but not essential if you go for an off engine oil cooler. the gearbox mount seems fine as is.

so wheres the r32 conversion guide then :salute: ?

lol,ok ok. Ill start something this weekend before I start forgetting things.

as if my car is still slower thanwhat was in that car before you got hold of it....

fair play...

? sorry, Im still a bit sleepy, what do you mean?

as if my car is still slower thanwhat was in that car before you got hold of it....

fair play...

After reading the junglists' comment several times I believe he means: "My car was slower than yours when it was 12v, it will surely be even slower now you have gone 24v.

Good work chap"

fair play...

After reading the junglists' comment several times I believe he means: "My car was slower than yours when it was 12v, it will surely be even slower now you have gone 24v.

Good work chap"

Cheers, both for the compliment and translation. Hows yours coming on?

fair play...

Good work chap"

Brilliant! :lol:

Saw you driving through the city centre when i was on the bus earlier....i love the car man, pure awesumness!!!!!!!

I felt that thing in my heart that made me want to get mine back on the road lol

Saw you driving through the city centre when i was on the bus earlier....i love the car man, pure awesumness!!!!!!!

I felt that thing in my heart that made me want to get mine back on the road lol

It must have been when I went into town to get road tax. Thanks for that Chris, just to let you know Ive emt a few more VW fans round here and told them about you and your corrado as they havent seen any others but mine.

Best get your car sorted out quick mate, otherwise Ill knock your door down and force you to fis it. I need a wingman!!

It must have been when I went into town to get road tax. Thanks for that Chris, just to let you know Ive emt a few more VW fans round here and told them about you and your corrado as they havent seen any others but mine.

Best get your car sorted out quick mate, otherwise Ill knock your door down and force you to fis it. I need a wingman!!

Moving out has been put on the shelf...sorting my car has become a priority now!!! So fingers crossed she will be alive again soon!! Ive lent my wheels to a mate for his mot a few weeks ago and havnt got them back so its currently rocking lupo gti alloys lol...not sure when he is planning on getting them back to me so who knows!! I will give you a text when i finally get round to buying a clutch, got 3 months insurance to pay 1st :(

Dude - no excuse, that clutch has been dead for ever and a day!

Secondly, Sam - I feel hurt. What about the Red one on its belly that drives every day around p'boro? :cry:

Dude - no excuse, that clutch has been dead for ever and a day!

Secondly, Sam - I feel hurt. What about the Red one on its belly that drives every day around p'boro? :cry:

lol, Ive seen a slammed one down on Oundle Rd, is that yours? Never seen it driven though. I have no idea how you guys get round the area being lower than me. Im sure ive took off a few times on some of the bumps around here! :gag:

It seems like there are a few guys around Peterborough with corrado's. Would be good to create a mini meet and may cruise to shows together?

ahaha no, i meant your car had a vr, then received a r32, when mines only got a 1.8 16v anyway, i bloody wish i had a 24v vr, i think i would get a boner evrytime i went on my drive and it would be messy when it got driven...

:D

If your car was mine your seats would be sticky.

Mini meet in 'boro would be great!

Dont know how many from peterborough are on here though... well, I think 3.

Mini meet in 'boro would be great!

Dont know how many from peterborough are on here though... well, I think 3.

I agree a meet would be good!

Donjon you in Peterborough aswell then?

Right - whos going to organise this!? 8)

Theres me, quicky, donjon, a red on on oundle road and you who are on here from peterborough. Theres a white g60 around milfield being driven by an asian lad, a black one from whittlesey who i sometimes see in werrington and a green vr6 who lives in milfield and longthorpe being driven by an old couple....quite a few!! A mini meet would be good i think, although i think my car wont be there lol

Hows things with the car sam? Any advance with the new wheels?