quicky1980

Re: Quicky's Corrado - Audi 3.2

Cheers

Right, engine sitting nicely on its new front mount and it means I can still use the standard water/oil cooler :clap: Only problem I now face is that the front subframe fouls on the power steering pipe that connects to the pump. No idea what to do, dont want to bend the pipe as it may snap, dont want to cut the nicely powder coated front subframe. ar5e!

Here's a picture with the pipe disconnected.

DSCF40601.jpg

Bought a load of new parts from tps inc new bolts for the front hubs and new lambdas which werent cheap!

It's great to see the car back on all four wheels again

Is that the 12V PAS pump with the 24V pulley?

Sure is, the pulley itself is aluminium too looks very nice.

Kip, tried calling you today but the number I called didn't go through. any chance you could pass it on to me again?

Loom finally arrived today so spent today fitting it through the bulkhead, what an ar5e of a job! :censored: done some tidying and little jobs. Might be ready to turn the key tomorrow, feeling a bit apprehensive about it all lol

right, all the wiring is pretty much in and hooked up. just need to plumb up the oil cooler, put coolant in, fill the PAS tank and I think im there enough to try to start up.

If all starts well, I will then mount the pedal, get wheels to point in the same direction, fit the exhaust and sort the gear lever mechanism

Im a little bit concerned with the fuel connections so may try and find some better version

How do I know which lambda goes to the brown plug on the harness. Ive been told the clylinder numbers are 1 to 6 counted from left to right. And i've put the lambdas in to match but the plugs are just black.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: She's alive :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Just had her running, yipee.

At first I had no power and couldn't figure out why, but after finding a loose feed wire she started. Sounded so great, esp with the silencers still off, set the girlfriends car alarm off :lol:

Now I can relax and know that all I need to do is tidy it all up and finish up the remaining jobs before I can go out in it. Got to sort out the fuel leaks too, but otherwise am so chuffed

Just had a good read through, some good work you've put in there, bet you're chuffed to get it running finally!

:clap: :grin:

Well done. Just wait till the first drive.

Yeah can't wait, when I blipped the throttle I was impressed with the responce so must be much better on the road.

Just had a good read through, some good work you've put in there, bet you're chuffed to get it running finally!

:clap: :grin:

Cheers, yeah am so happy. More relieved that anything else.

Congratulations! Been watching this project for a while, good luck getting it running right.

Andy

Woop woop thats great news Sam!!! Cant wait to see it back on the road again, will have to meet up for some photos when ive got the clutch done.

Sorry i havnt been able to lend a hand or anything, ive been back at work :(

damn it! now i have a fuel leak and exhaust issue to sort out.

The fuel leak should be straightforward enough to sort out but the exhaust is a bit confusing. The manifold sits very close and touches underneath the car :shrug:

Picture.jpg

argh!!

damn it! now i have a fuel leak and exhaust issue to sort out.

The fuel leak should be straightforward enough to sort out but the exhaust is a bit confusing. The manifold sits very close and touches underneath the car :shrug:

Picture.jpg

argh!!

Dubpower manifold by any chance? Mine's the same, I even had Pete out with a fcuking great gas bottle and blow torch and we tried bending them slightly, we budged them just enough to not touch but they're still too tight and they push the rest of the exhaust out and mine now rattles on everything! :bad-words:

The problem is, Pete developed these manifolds for the Mk2 Golf and is selling them as Corrado ones as well even though the alignment is clearly not correct. When I was last at Stealth they had a Mk2 with R32 and Dubpower manifolds and they fit perfect on that, mine was exactly the same as yours.

Here's how mine was with the exhaust all on.

Also what engine mounts are you running? I was VT front and gearbox and std rear, I changed the gearbox to a mk2 golf diesel one (which certainly helped with engine vibration and smoothness!) and that helped the exhaust alignment slightly as the solid mount was slight higher I think.

:mad2: :censored: The exhaust isn't cheap so Dubpower will be hearing off me very soon, esp' when they knew it was specifically for a corrado!

Started her up again today and fixed the fuel leaks :D but noticed that the engine hunted quite a bit. Any one have any clue why mine hunts so badly? Does it just need to run under driving conditions to "learn" the fueling etc?

My 24v lump hunted and was a little rough when first started, tuned out it was a teeny air leak on the back of the manifold.

Good work by the way. :salute:

Nice job. :notworthy: I have same problem with Dubpower downpipes. Its bloody too close. I was especially asking Pete if his done any modifications on it. As I know some of you had problem with it. :bad-words:

But i have to say on mine its sits very close but not touching the tunnel.

Can anyone tell me why all of you doing conversion are putting slimline fans instead of factory ones?

well done getting it running so quickly sam, wish i had gone with using the oe managment instead of wasting money on a dta/getting the wiring done, then getting the dta fried while it was being mapped :censored:

dont go all guns blazing with pete, he is a very nice bloke and WILL get it sorted for you with no hassle.

well done :)

Hiya mate the corrado looks great! I work just up the road from you at tc harrisons i havnt seen the corrado around though!

hey Sam - congrats on getting it sorted as far as it is.

sorry to hear people are having these downpipe woes - i made a custom job from Pete's original item to allow me to run the r32 twin cats so i never had the problem - looks to be a bit of a 'mare though pal; hope you get it all sorted ok and asap.

congrats again - please keep us posted :D

EDIT - the hunting also sounds like you've got an air leak to me too - try there first IMO

Hiya mate the corrado looks great! I work just up the road from you at tc harrisons i havnt seen the corrado around though!

Not seen you around either! Seems like Corrados are becoming more popular round this area :)

I've seen a red corrado driving around Peterborough, and another red one parked up near the Nene parkway. Are these yours?

I'm still having manifold and de-cat issues. It causes a really bad fit to the whole system, maybe I got a bad manifold? Will try and get Pete from dubsport to sort something out.

The bad running may have been sorted. I raised the fuel pressure to 3 bar (that figure right?) and think I found an air leak in the induction hose joint so heres hoping. All is good. Tell you what, it sounds soo much quieter at idle.

Anyone know why my interior engine temp gauge doesnt work? Is this normal?

I may have damaged the front wheel bearings as I forgot to tighten up the driveshafts before moving the car forward and backwards under its own steam. But will suck it and see.

Last things to do now are, wire up the fan, do up the driveshafts, fit the slam panel/bumpers/lights and indicators and then I think Im done :-)