quicky1980

Re: Quicky's Corrado - Audi 3.2

lookin gd bet you cant wait to get it on the road hope you sort the exhaust problems easily will be watching closely as looks like im gonna use dubpower.

mort

hey pal - you might just have accidentally installed the wrong temp sender or something like that. when i did mine, Mark (from swict) and had to suck it and see with a couple of different senders before we found the right one.

have a look at the pics from my old build thre - you might be able to pick it up from that...

and yes, 3 bar is the corrct presue - glad to hear it's slowly coming together. you'll never forget that first drive!!! :nuts:

Well ran the car for ages last night on idle now that the fan was wired up and it seemed to allow for the temp guage to rise. Need to check but the fan seemed to kick in at about 70-80deg C, shouldnt this be more at 90-100deg C?

Any one know if the oil warning light on the dash should function as normal or not? Mine constantly flashes and i dont know if it's a duff engine or bad wiring? :shrug:

Almost finished everything last night but the damn driveshaft bolt would screw on, looks like I damaged the CV joint thread. So replacing that tonight and will then go for a spin. :clap:

Did notice that trying to start it yesterday it took a few turns of the engine and a little help from the throttle. Im hoping it's still because it hasn't ran properly for a while.

I havent had the tracking sorted but decided to go out for a test drive, and boy does it shift. I hit 120 without knowing down my private road :wink: and was pleasantly suprised by it all.

Few thought so far is that it revs so much better than the 12V, it also sound different in a good way. :luvlove:

I need to sort out a slight misfire and the variable inlet doesnt seem to function (linked issue?). Coolant temp on the gauge works but I don't trust it, it seems to rise slowly to what I would expect temps to be.

Front vibra technic mount is a bit harsh, may remove and fit the oe mount if I cant get used to it.

Will plan for a remapping session now :D

Wow that had to be the fastest 3.2 conversion so far! Well done!

I went out in Robs last week and it sounded soo good and went really well, you really can feel the power so much earlier can't you.

Good luck getting it fi ished off :D

Wow that had to be the fastest 3.2 conversion so far! Well done!

I went out in Robs last week and it sounded soo good and went really well, you really can feel the power so much earlier can't you.

Good luck getting it fi ished off :D

it had to be a quick conversion as its my only means of transport, big thanks to mates who helped me get to work. I think in all I spent 7-8 days doing it all would of done it in half that if I didnt come across so many issues. :lol:

I need to sort out a slight misfire and the variable inlet doesnt seem to function (linked issue?). Coolant temp on the gauge works but I don't trust it, it seems to rise slowly to what I would expect temps to be.

My temp gauge is exactly the same. Will be interesting to see what you find out. They do sound good dont they.

my temp gauge also seemed a bt more "lazy" when i had the 24v lump in...

glad you're happy with it - wait for the remap. "giggling like a school boy" was how Mark at SWICT described me when he came with me on my first drive! :grin:

My girlfriend said she saw you driving around the other day....cant believe how quickly its come together :D look forward to catching up at an ADK pub meet or something and checking out the car!

My girlfriend said she saw you driving around the other day....cant believe how quickly its come together :D look forward to catching up at an ADK pub meet or something and checking out the car!

What was she driving? Although i dont recall seeing cars, just blurred colours! Is yours back on the road.

The actual swap was quick, but I did spend almost 8months buying all the kit and getting stuff ready. Wasnt cheap but saved a fortune doing it all myself.

Congratulations on getting it running pal :clap:

I'm going for the longest ever install. 2 1/2 years so far :lol: :lol:

What was she driving? Although i dont recall seeing cars, just blurred colours! Is yours back on the road.

The actual swap was quick, but I did spend almost 8months buying all the kit and getting stuff ready. Wasnt cheap but saved a fortune doing it all myself.

Haha blurred colours, should be even more of a blur when youve got it mapped and running proply :D I think she said around hampton way (which would make sense lol)

:( Nope mines still not on the road yet...its been nearly 3 months just to replace a clutch, i miss it but sort of lost the love :(

i keep trying to be sensible about this, but looking at your thread and how you've simplified the conversion is giving me the urge to do this again :help: . Seeing as you've made such a good job of it in such a good space of time is a real credit to you. My issue is time and i keep thinking about it and putting it on the backburner, but you've shown it can be done within a good budget and without it dragging on forever...

James, i still might have to scratch that itch....though it wont compare to your (coulstars) red beast

i keep trying to be sensible about this, but looking at your thread and how you've simplified the conversion is giving me the urge to do this again :help: . Seeing as you've made such a good job of it in such a good space of time is a real credit to you. My issue is time and i keep thinking about it and putting it on the backburner, but you've shown it can be done within a good budget and without it dragging on forever...

James, i still might have to scratch that itch....though it wont compare to your (coulstars) red beast

cheers, would have been simpler and quicker if I didn't decide to refurb the whole subframe at the same time. It would have been a simpler job.

Any one got a photo or image on how to correctly plumb up the variable intake pipes. I mine doesnt work, tried booting it with someone looking at the actuator and nothing happened.

And does anyone have a picture on how to fit up the oil pressure gauge? I cant recall seeing a port on the oil filter housing to allow for the pressure sensor to fit into.

edit: found pics on pete griff's build. Which sensor do I use from the vr6? I have two, both with different colour. I pressume the low pressure is the best to have fitted but how do I know which one that is??

Most people including myself have fitted a tee piece for your oil senders.

Look on VAGCAT and it'll give you a pic of how the vac pipes go.

Most people including myself have fitted a tee piece for your oil senders.

Look on VAGCAT and it'll give you a pic of how the vac pipes go.

I keep trying but vagcat isnt working. petes build detail it enough for me to check my plumbing

thanks though

What Ive been doing today:

Tidied up the fusebox area and fitted the plastic trim under the dash to make it look like it used to. My interior is no longer half dissasembled. Took some pictures after tidying the engine bay slightly and fitted the last exhaust clamp to the back box.

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

Was going to visit herisites this weekend to see if we could work out why my exhaust fouls so badly but something has cropped up at home and need to sort that out first.

Now Im pretty much sorted, I will save up for a remap and sell some spares on to recoup some cash.

But my intention is to do a write up of how I did the fitting so anyone who is brave enough to do the same can have a better definitive guide than the existing one on the forum.

Next phase of the project will be to rebuild the rear subframe, feels skittish around corners so I think the rear needs a spruce up.

Looks like a really tidy install mate! No worries about not making it to mine, I'm not a million miles from you so you can pop round any time!

If you want some help writing up a guide gimma a shout, I might have some useful pics as well.

looks like a real nice install and very fast turn-around, glad to hear your pleased with it. Are you having the same throttle response issue as herisites? ie a bit twitchy on low throttle?

looks like a real nice install and very fast turn-around, glad to hear your pleased with it. Are you having the same throttle response issue as herisites? ie a bit twitchy on low throttle?

Yeah, some weird throttle response. But I reckon the would be down to the sensitive throttle pedal. Herisites, have you had yours remapped? I was thinking today that I will get a full 2.5" system fitted and will then get mine remapped to take advantage. Aiming for the magic 300bhp

Pretty sure herisites has had his remapped. Im tempted to start the conversion again but i do alot of town driving so i don't want it to be twitchy, whats the MPG like? or has it been foot to floor syndrome since its been in :lol:

Pretty sure herisites has had his remapped. Im tempted to start the conversion again but i do alot of town driving so i don't want it to be twitchy, whats the MPG like? or has it been foot to floor syndrome since its been in :lol:

I'm getting used to the throttle response and its not too bad around the town. Maybe a switchable remap would sort it ie sports for motorway/track and normal for cities where the throttle is numbed right down??

MPG! lol your correct with lead + foot hypothesis lol but no idea if I have the lambdas plugged in right yet so may be using more fuel than necessary. Once its all sorted I will put some MPG calcs up.