Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Bet the labels on tins in his kitchen all piont outwards too

One word... Sad....

"Paul and I went out Staurday night" what for a nice cup of tea and bed at 9?

FFS Go outside and see the big shiney world out there..

:brickwall:

that a bit OTT on an astra, to say the least! It's very shiny, the paintwork's flawless, its had some stupidly expensive wax slapped on it and had the merry hell polished out of it, but I bet it only looks marginally better than the guy's down the street.

These 2 comments sum it up for me. way too much effort for a vauxhall.

"clearly a complete tit with too much time on his hands.

its an astra FFS!"

"why not stick it in a cardboard box filled with cotton wool and push it round the streets wearing silk gloves as well?"

clearly a complete tit with too much time on his hands.

its an astra FFS!

rofl :lol:

exactly what I was thinking

I admire the guys efforts but he definitely seems to have an obsessive streak, I wish my house was 10% as immaculate as his garage

And why paul was was looking for his contact lense he lost on me paintwork, i took some pictures of his thinning hair.......which was nice. :lol:

but people cream themselves on here if a 15 year old, circa 5k dub is detailed?

I think its more impressive to get those kind of results from a 15 year old car regardless of marque, rather than a brand spanking new one.

Anyway it was more the associated behaviour of not letting the dealer touch it that made me chuckle

Well very cool and nice job making it look so clean... but it's just an Astra.

And a completely standard, brand new one at that...

But hey, whatever floats your boat. I wish my car looked that clean :lol:

Final Sentance should have read................

"I was very disappointed that no matter how much Paul and I polished and caressed it, upon final buffing the car still appeared to be an astra!"

its very nice and shiny but give it a week and there will be crap all over it again! im not saying theres no point in washing your car but thats probably not even 1k mileage on the clock, is it really neccessary!

and as for removing a micron from the headlight! ffs that is getting a bit anal!!

does like nice and shiny tho, till it leaves the garage when the shittl british weather will take effect

Final Sentance should have read................

"I was very disappointed that no matter how much Paul and I polished and caressed it, upon final buffing the car still appeared to be an astra!"

haha :)

I can't believe the criticism its getting to be honest. I admire the sheer amount of hard bloody work put into that.. you can't deny the absolutely STUNNING finish on that paintwork? It looks freaking phenomenal!

And to be honest, it may "just be an Astra" but it'd piss all over most of our Corrado's! I'd gladly have an Astra VXR thanks!

I can't believe the criticism its getting to be honest. I admire the sheer amount of hard bloody work put into that.. you can't deny the absolutely STUNNING finish on that paintwork? It looks freaking phenomenal!

And to be honest, it may "just be an Astra" but it'd piss all over most of our Corrado's! I'd gladly have an Astra VXR thanks!

you can't polish a turd, Jim

Gotta disagree. Take each car for what it is, and on its own merits. I don't think new Vauxhalls, especially with the stonking engines those VXR's have, are anything to be sniffed at. But to each his own.

So sell your 'rado and get one them Jim ;)

I think the point being that despite the obvious excellence of the work it is only a 'hot hatch' tweak of a family car.

At least the Corrado is a slightly more unique piece of machinery that was designed from the outset as a sports coupe.

My other point would be that the Astra made in the same era as a 'rado will be a pile of red brown dust by now..

Gotta disagree. Take each car for what it is, and on its own merits. I don't think new Vauxhalls, especially with the stonking engines those VXR's have, are anything to be sniffed at. But to each his own.

It's impossible to compare a Corrado and an Astra like for like, but one thing you could guarentee is you are never gonna get a random person stop you on the street, or at your home/work, and say "i've always wanted an Astra......" that makes a Corrado for me, they are a legendary car, and the people that know they aren't a Nissan/Peugeot/Corrolla are the ones you want to listen to, and they like what they see.

god i'm philisophcal after a beer, even though I can't type/spell

hmm.. i reckon youd get more people say theyd love a vxr then people that know what a corrado is!

i've driven a VXR and it was flat out.. however it sounded terrible, very 'grindy' and the torque steer was horrendous.

LOL, It's clean i'll give him that but I think Phat says it all above... great colour tho and the leather looks fab!

I love the way all the Corsa boys are slagging the Ashtray off too - I wouldn't drive either but if I had to have one it wouldn't be the driving school car!!

you liked what phat said cause you are an environmentalist, and like the way he recycled my comment? :lol:

the leather does look great agreed, still an Astra though, and not what I would ever buy, despite its performance off the shelf, see how well that runs after 150k miles

LMAO at the comments, 10 out of 10 for effort. However

If you want to make your realy car stand out.........start with a car that will stand out in the first place.