Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

mum racer

Sometimes my mum really surprises me. I remember a comment she made about her old Austin Metro being 'plenty fast enough for me thank you!' and now look at her!

and no I'm not insured on it (bugger)

I wouldn't mind if i could actually borrow it and drive it! I was telling her about having to rev it harder to get it to perform properly and by the look on her face I know its never going to see the high side of 3k :lol:

Is she single? :norty: which engines she gone for?

my mates mum had a skyline till last year, he got to drive it all the time.. his little sister took it to 155mph! she also ad a mk1 gti back in the day.

Is she single?

haha no mate, my parents are rock solid!

Its the (I assume) smaller engined version, 190ishBHP I think. I've told her a VR would be faster AND more stylish but she didnt want to listen :(

Wish my parents would buy something cool like that! They tool around in an old Mercedes estate car! My mum loves racing around but dad is far too sensible..

My mum pretends she's all sensible, but she's got a 1.8T A4 and does rather like my C too :lol:

Wish my parents would buy something cool like that! They tool around in an old Mercedes estate car! My mum loves racing around but dad is far too sensible..

Heh my folks have some crappy Korean thingy, it's bloody rubbish.

My mum drives a Bright Red Audi TT 225! And she does drive it reasonably hard! Not bad for a 63 year old!

[/EDIT] She'll probably kill me for telling everyone her age :lol:

My mum drives a Bright Red Audi TT 225! And she does drive it reasonably hard! Not bad for a 63 year old!

Will we soon be saying hello to MummyBeige on the forum then??? :)

We should make a "what do your parents drive" thread! Would be a good laugh I think :)

If she knew what a forum was that is!! :lol:

My mother hates cars and driving and my old man just like to tootle about...

They both think the Corrado is awful, my dad had a go in it and thought it was too heavy, poor visiblity, bad driving position etc etc. Bascially all the reasons why buy them...

If she knew what a forum was that is!! :lol:

Lol.

My Mother occasionally pootles round in a Rover 25, a TD5 landrover, or a tractor.

My dad's currently driving a MK5 Golf GTI the Corrado was his before I had it!

And my mum drives a Saab 9-3 boat!

My mums just collected a 1995 MG RV8, 3.9litre Roadster, re-imported from Japan, she's in 7th heaven, (she's just put into storage her 1969 MGBGT) she bought it cos the B was "just too slow"!

Had a tool about in it on Sunday, what an awful car to drive, the steering wheel sits directly above your left thigh, and you have to duck to see out the top of the screen ( I am 6'7" though), but holy sh1t it moves, had the back end out on a quiet island, me moms sat next to me screamin!!

When he was 74 my father bought an XKR Jaguar. He lives in Germany and most certainly does not hang about. I must confess to being rather nervous as a passenger generally, but 270kph with a pilot that old could be a very effective laxative.....

Best wishes

RB

My Mum and Dad have had a long succession of Hondas (with the odd Toyota or Nissan). They always get a 1.6 too. They both drive really slowly- however, Dad had a go in my first VR6 and went a bit mad! He floored it whenever he could- thought it was great!

My mum drives like a loon, one of my fave memories is from back in the day when she had a Rover 828i and raced a Corrado VR6 (this was when they first came out) off the lights. It was level pegging till she bottled it at about 60 as she had small kids in the car. I was in the passenger seat enjoying my first encounter with the beautiful C.

After that she moved on to big, fast Bimmers but now drives a 2.0T Saab convertible. She likes the turbo as it gives it some poke.

My dad drives like he's 80. He had a Mk5 GTI and never gave it the beans. What a waste!

my mum drives a 944 which I thought was great until I finally got my C. Now I spend my time reminding her that my car is faster :twisted: :lol: My Dad drives a slooooooow 90bhp Passat. There has always been at least one VAG car in the family so it's not surprising that all my cars have been VWs...

There has always been at least one VAG car in the family so it's not surprising that all my cars have been VWs...

ditto, my mum actually used to have a 'rat much like Dave's old one (although not as cool), silver one before that and two jettas! I learned to drive in a gold mk2 jetta :)

Once upon a time my mum... , must resist mum jokes... resist. Ma' drove a Scirocco for years as seen in my avatar (reflection). And yeh Chris, the lower engine one is a 190bhp; quality; quite different to saying its a 1.3 Mazda, lol; also love those funky rear doors. I looked into those - should be reasonable for you to get insured on.

on a 1.3 mazda yes, on that thing, no! You'd think it would be reasonable to get up on as a named driver but its upwards of £500! Probably something to do with her being insured through 'sheilas wheels'.