Sign in to follow this  
MK1Campaign

Satin Silver VR6-Ex OSV-Steering/Suspension overhaul 16/04

As some of you know i bought my Corrado from Gareth (OSV) back at the beginning of March. I didnt buy it with the 17" RS as i am not a fan of cleaning them and wanted a set of my own wheels on the car. I have since added a set of 17"BBS RX, BMC CDA and my own number plate which like Gareths goes on all my VW's.

The car had a full service at Stealth yesterday plus fuel filter,EBC Greenstuff front pads, Vibratechnics front engine mount and a change to Redline MT-90 gearbox oil. I also had the serpentine belt and water pump changed as a precaution and while everything was off i got them to fit one of Gruvenparts billet serpentine belt pulleys which i had purchased last month. The only fault they could find was a weeping sump gasket which ill do myself at work on the ramp.

I attended a clubgti rolling road day at Stealth today and the car made 200.6 bhp at the fly and 152.7 at the wheels. Maximum torque was 186.9 at 4860 rpm.

I intend to keep the car as Gareth did as i think OEM suits the Corrado really well. I did try to take some more pictures of the outside but my camera went flat.

Good work Ben, sounds like you are taking very good care of the old girl! I think the RX work really well. All the best Gareth

Oh, my old seats! Bit of a story but them elec recaro fronts came from my car originally, i had the pleating and the "recaro" stamp done. It's brought a tear to my eye seeing them, alls i can say is, you never ever ever can replace a corrado. god i miss it. Got a dog's dangly's R32 now, but it doesn't compare! :(

Nice one Ben, Glad to see you're taking the same care as Gareth, beautiful car. Oh and the RS's are not as bad as I thought to clean. 8)

Oh, my old seats! Bit of a story but them elec recaro fronts came from my car originally, i had the pleating and the "recaro" stamp done. It's brought a tear to my eye seeing them, alls i can say is, you never ever ever can replace a corrado. god i miss it. Got a dog's dangly's R32 now, but it doesn't compare! :(

would love to get some for my raddo... 8)

Thought its about time i got some new pictures up.

Stag014.jpg

Stag006.jpg

Stag008.jpg

Stag007.jpg

Stag002.jpg

Stag004.jpg

Most of this was fitted yesterday. New VAG radiator, expansion tank and cap, Samcos, Gruven radiator neck and crackpipe. The only part of the cooling system not renewed now is the aux water pump.

Stag001.jpg

Gruvenparts radiator neck

Stag009.jpg

Gruvenparts serpentine belt tensioner

Stag005.jpg

Supersprint exhaust

Thats one fine looking car ,what induction kit is that and whats it like ? :)

Cheers. Its a BMC carbon dynamic airbox. Id say they are one if not the best induction kit for the VR. A lot of the VR owners on this forum have one. It sounds quiet when tootling around but growls when you really floor it. They are about £160. I got mine from Stealth racing.

car looks great, when you have such a good base it makes for an excellent platfrm to mod from...you can then adjust the wheel style to tweak the look.

looks very oem at the moment... i think bbs rc's in the oem ball burnished finish would suit it a treat.

5 digit plate makes all the difference too.

car looks great, when you have such a good base it makes for an excellent platfrm to mod from...you can then adjust the wheel style to tweak the look.

looks very oem at the moment... i think bbs rc's in the oem ball burnished finish would suit it a treat.

5 digit plate makes all the difference too.

Yeah thats exactly what ive been thinking. Finding some could be tricky though. I have thought about seeing if anyone wants to swap with my RX for a set. They are only 4 months old.

Thats one fine looking car ,what induction kit is that and whats it like ? :)

Cheers. Its a BMC carbon dynamic airbox. Id say they are one if not the best induction kit for the VR. A lot of the VR owners on this forum have one. It sounds quiet when tootling around but growls when you really floor it. They are about £160. I got mine from Stealth racing.

Off to stealth for me then grab myself one :) thanks muchly

Think I saw this today, about 3.15 by the Mercedes dealer just outside Sratford Upon Avon (on my way to Listers for an interview), looked stunning

Think I saw this today, about 3.15 by the Mercedes dealer just outside Sratford Upon Avon (on my way to Listers for an interview), looked stunning

Yes pal that would have been me. I hardly ever use it for work but fancied giving it a blast yesterday. I work in Long Marston but live in Solihull. Whereabouts do you live?

I'm up in Telford. Always want to wave at fellow Corrado owners but when you're driving something other than a Corrado (I was in the Passat) I'm always concerned that you look like a tit :lol:

Im at RAF Cosford for 3 weeks next month, so I'll keep an eye out for you both.

Good to see Gareths pride and joy is being looked after, he still misses it :wink:

Im at RAF Cosford for 3 weeks next month, so I'll keep an eye out for you both.

Good to see Gareths pride and joy is being looked after, he still misses it :wink:

Yeah i saw him at ED38 and he told me it was a mistake selling it in the first place.

I have been doing a few body repairs to the Corrado while its off the road so i thought id get a few pics up. I didnt decide to do the pictures at first so for some of it there are no befores.

06102007072-1.jpg

This was at Stealth about October time . Went in for a new radiator, Gruven crackpipe and rad neck, Samcos and new header tank.

11022008018.jpg

Front bumper off for paint. It was chipped and starting to peel.

11022008019.jpg

Front bumper stripped and flatted down ready for primer.

13022008025.jpg

Front bumper primed up in 2k Glasurit high build.

11022008021.jpg

OSR inner arch was starting to rust slightly so this was cleaned up. Awaiting paint at this stage.

11022008022.jpg

This is the same as above but NS. All repaired at this point. Didnt get any befores.

11022008020.jpg

There was slight rust around the locking section of the filler cap area. This is the afters

pics. Didnt get any befores again.

11022008023.jpg

Behind the filler cap section. This was full of mud and dirt so was cleaned out.

This is a definate rust trap so id advise cleaning yours out and taking a look.

13022008024.jpg

Bonnet had small chips and a crease on the NS so needed a repaint. After attacking it with

a sander decided on Nitromors to remove all the paint as there was a lot on there..

13022008028.jpg

Nitromors getting to work. Luckily there was no filler to be found and the crease was

removed with a body file. Will be a lovely straight panel once painted.