Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

Alfa Romeo 156 / 147 GTA 3.2 V6 - Discuss!

Good stuff chap, glad you're enjoying it!!

Alfa are renowned for their 'spirited' engines, so what you've said comes as no surprise and I'm quite jealous actually :lol: They sound sooooo good too. Even the old twin spark 2.0 from the 80s 75 was a hoot.

I do like the 147 GTA it has to be said. I wonder if they turbo well? 8)

I've not heard of the 156 suspension being 'fragile' as in it breaks easily. I think it's just a little more complex being double wishbone, so needs more care and attention and perhaps a few more bushings than the norm. Other than that it's solid, or so my mate with his 2.5 V6 156 reckons any hooooo.

As they say, owning an Alfa is one thing all petrol heads must do before they die, so at least you're getting that done and dusted if nothing else :lol:

I've already been drooling over the AD conversions mate - there's also a fella who does a 3.8 conversion. I reckon a N/A 3.8 would be pretty tasty. Around 330 horsies I think :)

cracked already Will!!!! :lol:

i'm told good quality internal organs get very good money on the black market these days!!!!

I've already been drooling over the AD conversions mate - there's also a fella who does a 3.8 conversion. I reckon a N/A 3.8 would be pretty tasty. Around 330 horsies I think :)

i'm told good quality internal organs get very good money on the black market these days!!!!

Yeah but his are fooked :lol:

best get the kids names down William :lol:

Yeah but his are fooked :lol:

best get the kids names down William :lol:[/quote:1333b]

Tis true. Reckon my internal organs are worth about a tenner as a job lot :)

I'm told corrados fetch reasonable money still - maybe even enough for some engine work! :)

Tis true. Reckon my internal organs are worth about a tenner as a job lot :)

I'll give you a Fiver for them & not a penny more!!! :lol:

just been reading the article with your Alfa in this month's Evo Will.................must admit made me think about having a test drive of one :lol: :lol:

just been reading the article with your Alfa in this month's Evo Will.................must admit made me think about having a test drive of one :lol: :lol:

Ooh is it out mate? I haven't seen it yet.

What's the article like?