Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

The things you do when bored!

Can anyone spot what's different about these lights? Hopefully you will otherwise the effort will have been wasted!! Just had to try it out of curiousity

I've also ordered some Osram SilverStar bulbs from http://www.powerbulbs.com (H1 and H4) for £39 inc Vat and P&P to compliment my uprated loom.

Kev

Can anyone spot what's different about these lights? Hopefully you will otherwise the effort will have been wasted!! Just had to try it out of curiousity

Kev

yep i got it.... :p you changed your headlights into kitchen lights :wink:

just like blue peter :scatter:

He he, Darren is correct! I detailed the reflector partitions with black enamel. It's subtle but I like the 'seperated' look of the two reflectors. Should look quite nice on the car, hopefully!

One thing I did notice when doing it is how much crud builds up on the reflectors, almost as if someone has been blowing fag smoke on them for 10 years. Another reason why C lights can be quite dim!

I was going to fudge in some flourescent tubes but they wouldn't fit!

Kev

You're right actually guys, the one on the left is definitley clearer! Hmmm.... must have had a new glass panel at some point......and yet another thing I noticed was the chromium plating on the right one has worn off due to the heat of the bulb :?

Just aswell Mike Edwards pointed out new units are now £90 instead of the older price of £140!

Kev

u can also buy the glass seperately has i have found out :p ...But they dont tell u, that they sell it seperately :mad: :mad:

Just aswell Mike Edwards pointed out new units are now £90 instead of the older price of £140!

Kev

As I just found out for my MOT :roll:

Thera

Looks Cool. Any pics on the car?

Did this on my 16v, will be doing it on the VR when I get a mo :D

Like the Toaster!

I like my toast :lol:

That bloody thing costs more than the headlights!

I love gadgets....did you spot the Porsche kettle too? Boils a litre from 0 to 100 in 4.5 seconds :wink:

Kev

If you buy early-style lights they're even cheaper - less than £70 each.

Then you just swap the lenses and surrounds (assuming you have later-style headlights at the moment)

early head lights, are more sunk in...

If you stick a late grill, on an early car, the grill sticks out past the headlights.

The things you do when bored!

Wish I had the spare time to be bored - next time you're bored fancy entertaining by 3 yr old & 1 yr old (and possibly wifey too :shock: HA!) for a couple of days/weeks while I fettle my C a bit... :wink: :D

How do you remove the lens from the headlight unit? I've got a cracked lens and it sounds like replacing the lens would be a deal cheaper than the whole unit.