Sign in to follow this  
CorradoRun

Corrado VS VRS poo !! who do think wins in this video ??

It's not laughing at the badge/history though Kev, they're good decent cars now, so someone calling them crap is obviously going to cause a stir.

Yeah I understand that, I was just saying I don't understand why, tis all.

Bit like saying I don't understand why people eat their greens first, then the potatoes and leave the meat till last, it's not a major problem, just airing an observation 8)

Yes Skoda are good now, but they still have a stigma attached to the brand name due to the awful cars they made prior to VW's intervention. It's only really a problem in this country because of our culture.

As good as they are now, they still have ugly corporate grilles, bland styling (imo) and the quality of the fixtures and fittings isn't on a par with with VW's, but that's intentional.

Step from a MK5 GTI, into a Focus ST, into a Leon Cupra and into a Skoda vRS and that's the order in which the interior quality reduces.....personally speaking.

I can see why the Skoda wins fans, but it isn't a Skoda though, which is the irony of it, their fans are actually defending a VW :lol:

I like to make little meals on my fork - with a little bit of everything on my plate at the same time. Allthough if there's something in particular that I like (yorkshire puddings,ham etc) in the meal then I leave the best 'till last.

Totally agree Kev, no matter what Skoda (Or VW for that matter) do to change their looks, engines, Skoda's will always be "laffed at" !

c'mon tho Kev............Skoda not having any heritage is a bit narrow-minded,they were always competing in the RAC albeit in the lower classes and gaining class victories long before VW were involved............not to mention the fact that SKODA was a well respected engineering company/concern before a certain Mr Hitler decided to invade Czechoslovakia in the late 30's,the laughable Skoda's were as a result of Czechoslovakia being part of the eastern bloc and building no-frills/fripperies cars which still managed as I pointed out to compete and have class wins in various Rally's

I still hate them. I don't expect or want anyone to agree, but I really do think they are vom-inducingly dull.

Surely, if the skoda lovers are completely and utterly honest with themselves, the only reason to like them is because you're a bit tight? Sure, veedubs are basically the same thing but more expensive, but they're also nicer, better looking and more pleasant to be in. In a word better.

So i can only really see that it comes down to money. Which is fair enough, but not my cup of tea.

And by the way fella - I'm fairly certain that at no point have I said I've never driven a skoda ;)

Agree entirely with what Rodders said :)

I still hate them. I don't expect or want anyone to agree, but I really do think they are vom-inducingly dull.

Surely, if the skoda lovers are completely and utterly honest with themselves, the only reason to like them is because you're a bit tight? Sure, veedubs are basically the same thing but more expensive, but they're also nicer, better looking and more pleasant to be in. In a word better.

:lol: Oh dear... I like mine because it looks mean and agressive, it's perfect for long cruises and also great when you want to give it some beans, the interior is a nice place to be (just as good as any VW I've been in- and I've been in loads), it's very practical, yet sporty (perfect compromise) and yes, it was a fair bit cheaper than the equivalent Audi or VW (A4 Avant & Passat estate). We could have got the equivalents (a couple of years old), but imho, neither looked as good and both were slower. The Impreza WRX Sportback was considered, but the boot was way too small.

I also like the fact that ignorant people take the p iss, yet 9 times out of 10 I know my car looks better, is more reliable and is faster. Case in point- guy I used to work with sold his C VR6 because it wasn't practical enough anymore. I suggested he get an Octy vRS to which he replied along the lines of "F off- wouldn't be seen dead in a Skoda!" He turned up for work a few days late in a lilac Renault Laguna :lol:

I don't think there are many better looking estates out there.

Hmmmm...... I reckon you're a bit biased because you've got one? lol :)

Fair play mate - I'm glad you love it. I don't though.

PS. I too have driven countless dubs, audis, skodas ( :) ), blah, blah - you're not unique there. I'd have to say skodas come at the bottom of my list.

Such is life eh?

A friend of mine has a Octavia Lauren-Clement (think thats correct?) thats been Revo'ed.

We had a run up the 1/4 mile last year at Inters, my C was completely standard (not even an air cleaner or exhaust).

0-60 the Corrado was away, but getting near the quarter the Octavia was catching me real quick. So even a Revo'ed Octavia is a pretty even match for a standard C. Although out on the road the Skoda does feel quicker but only because of the mid range torque I think.

We're both going again this year....what do you reckon his chances are this time??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A friend of mine has a Octavia Lauren-Clement (think thats correct?) thats been Revo'ed.

We had a run up the 1/4 mile last year at Inters, my C was completely standard (not even an air cleaner or exhaust).

0-60 the Corrado was away, but getting near the quarter the Octavia was catching me real quick. So even a Revo'ed Octavia is a pretty even match for a standard C. Although out on the road the Skoda does feel quicker but only because of the mid range torque I think.

We're both going again this year....what do you reckon his chances are this time??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not great :)

Neither did I! I Said Owned! Bit of A difference!

Thats Fine, I'm glad you hate them, Make me feel even more Smug for Owning one :)

Neither did I! I Said Owned! Bit of A difference!

Thats Fine, I'm glad you hate them, Make me feel even more Smug for Owning one :)

Lol. Smug! You keep telling yourself that mate ;)

BTW, why do I have to have owned one to make a judgement? Course I haven't owned one! I've tried them and don't like them, so clearly I aint gonna end up owning one! :)