Sign in to follow this  
michael_m

Passat R36...

it just looks like one of the most random cars ive seen..even more so than the old pulsar gti-r's.still bet it goes like stink :D

If any ones thinking about buying one I have a nice plate to go on it

R3 GVW :)

The grey Jetta at the bottom looks the nuts!

R36 looks a bit lardy IMHO. Wouldnt turn it down for free though....

Does this run the same 15degree engine as the R34? Or is it Audi-derived?

I always thought the R in R32 (etc.) indicated that it was a VR6 engine, so my guess would be it's based on the 15deg single block design, but given that it will have been marketing (rather than engineering) that will pick the model names that might no longer hold true.

Isn't there an R36 Golf planned too? If so, that would suggest it's a VR as you'd be hard pushed to safely fit a 'normal' 2 block V6.

Love em.. all of them! Its sort of like an Audi RS4 but a little more old man, and a little more affordable :D

Will never have the cachet of the Golf and would be financial suicide if bought new - could be a great buy at 2-3 years old though

one problem you'll find once these become affordable is the fact they'll still attract the highest road Tax banding of £400 per year :shock:

mk4 golf r32s are going for around £14000 now..what price where they when they came out?

I have a receipt for my 5dr with full leather £25.575 :(

Looks quite good in white :shock: never thought I'd ever like a white car.

Apparently the 'cool' lifestyle thing to have is an estate car, or should I say 'touring'. The 4x4 has been rejected now by the Chelsea set and theyre buying powerful estates instead :?

Apparently the 'cool' lifestyle thing to have is an estate car, or should I say 'touring'. The 4x4 has been rejected now by the Chelsea set and theyre buying powerful estates instead :?

There's nothing wrong with white cars! :lol:

There's nothing wrong with white cars! :lol:

Apologies...Corrados are excluded of course :)

New cars and shapes always look good in white cos its light it shows the fresh new design off the best... but when they get a bit older they can look quite dated for the same reason... used to work for a car company and even the cheaper priced cars look cool when new even once they're seen over 100k (in only a few months after a bit of enthusiastic testing :D ) its still got the new factor once its washed, but 5 years down the line it will show the age of its lines against the new emerging rivals. Rant over, got nothing against white cars just would buy one!