Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

What's beaten you in your C....?

not quite beaten haha

on the way home from work i looked in me mirrors to see this behind me which didn't take long to be in front of me :lol: although i did keep it off for a second or so whilst there were traffic :lol:

i did give chase to get the 2nd pic :D

the engine sounded mint!!!

DSC00469.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

Ha ha i raced that exact 1 g60greeny, and it was quite close, they so sound awesome dont they, nice rumble almost quiet on normal driving then WOT and all hell breaks loose.

Ultima GTR not sure what engine he had in but it must have been the smaller block V8 or maybe somrthing else but down some fast country lanes that i dont know well, he was pulling away marginally at a steady pace so i know he was giving it the beans so i was impressed with my performance.

If u dont know these cars shame on u, google it u will want 1.

DSC00469.jpg

Clean your dash!! :lol:

I followed one of these before, i opened my windows and sat with my head out the window just to hear it!! :D

One of these scared me to death last month giving it some pasty up Lloyd George Ave down the Bay. I had my window right down on the opposite road and was in a world of my own. Then without any warning whatsoever an almighty boom, scream, roooooooooooooooooooar blasted right in my ear hole. I nearly shat myself :shock: all i could do was freeze!! Looked in my rear view mirror to see an acid orange one tearing up the road :)

How the heck i didn't see this coming in that colour is beyond me :lol: :lol:

My mate's JDM (255bhp) Celica GT4, though I take solace in the fact that he only bought it to try and beat the VR, plus the fact that he's paying £700 for FOUR months third party insurance (I kid you not!)

:shock: :shock: jeeeezus!! How old is he.......12!!!!! I was only paying £575 for the year, fully comp with protected no claims on mine. Then thats what you get being a 33yr old(ie) :lol:

21, that's the problem. Same age as me, though I've managed to wangle the VR on classic car insurance for a grand fully comp, makes quite a bit of difference! Apparently it's because he has to see out an existing policy, and after that it drops to the bargain price of £1400 a year third party :lol:

One of these scared me to death last month giving it some pasty up Lloyd George Ave down the Bay. I had my window right down on the opposite road and was in a world of my own. Then without any warning whatsoever an almighty boom, scream, roooooooooooooooooooar blasted right in my ear hole. I nearly shat myself :shock: all i could do was freeze!! Looked in my rear view mirror to see an acid orange one tearing up the road :)

How the heck i didn't see this coming in that colour is beyond me :lol: :lol:

That's a good bit of road for having a blast :) - I used to (ab)use it alot in my Cardiff taxi days - as long as there was no cops around of course :lcop:

Walesy ...Yeah its a good stretch for some traffic light grand prix starts! :lol:

Jackflash....are you on limited mileage with your classic policy??

Ultima GTR not sure what engine he had in but it must have been the smaller block V8 or maybe somrthing else but down some fast country lanes that i dont know well, he was pulling away marginally at a steady pace so i know he was giving it the beans so i was impressed with my performance.

Yeah nice cars those. Didn't it smash the Nurburgring record recently?

If he was pulling away 'marginally', he wasn't anywhere near close to it's outer limits, power or dynamically speaking.

Turbocharged Corrados are good, yes, but not THAT good and certainly not across challenging B roads, they're pretty poor by modern standards, imo. If that Ultima was driven in the manner it is capable of, you would have been left for dead!

If he was pulling away 'marginally', he wasn't anywhere near close to it's outer limits, power or dynamically speaking.

Turbocharged Corrados are good, yes, but not THAT good and certainly not across challenging B roads, they're pretty poor by modern standards, imo. If that Ultima was driven in the manner it is capable of, you would have been left for dead!

Was a Radical SR8 at the 'ring IIRC...

Kev Ultima are/were essentially kit cars.. so possible to keep up with them in a "quick" Rado.. and across B roads the Rado probaby is the better dynamically, as they are set for sweeping flat race-circuits.. not cambered skinny B's... They have Huge tyres and bog-all suspension travel... The Ultima's not much better either! :lol:

Clean your dash!! :lol:

she's me work slag mate :lol:

a wash an valet is on the cards if the weathers good this weekend :D

I hear you Kev and i thought the same thing as well, all i know is he was pulling away but not at a great rate and it was at a consistent rate, i do agree he could have done more probably, but because it was on a wide country road in the bends i could keep with him, so he never really got the chance to drive it how it probably could have been like it can on a track, but still mighty impressive i think to kinda keep with it,when its purely designed to be a track sort of car.

It smashed the 0-100-0 dont know about the Nurburgring but thats with the 6.3L V8 and some1 who knows how to drive.

You seen how much they cost to build in kit form, now i not worked out all the math but as a rough adding guesstimate they are in the region of 50k, only ever seen 2 on the road and the 1st was in 1999-2000 so if you want exclusivity get 1 built and laugh at Mr i got a Ferrari.

Fair does.... I only had a quick look at the Ultima's website and it made me think of the Nurburgring thing, but that was the Radical as VWdeviant pointed out. I also saw the specs of the V8 Chevy (over 500bhp and torque) and the car's weight (990kg) and figured no Corrado would come close to that, but perhaps it had a poverty spec engine and suspension :lol:

Still, you know aswell as I do that turbo'd rados have some mean midrange clout, which moves them up the performance ladder a few notches. That's what it's all about I think, having the torque available at the right revs...... that Lambo you kept up with, the thing with those is they have stupidly tall gearing and the torque doesn't peak until way past 4000rpm, plus they're heavy, so as unrealistic as it may sound on a forum, it is possible for a Corrado T to beat a Lambo......up to about 4000rpm though and he's off! :lol:

@ jonnyboyo: yeah, limited to 7500 miles a year, but don't do any more than that anyway.

Concerning the Ultima, there are a few different variants (GTR, Can Am etc), and being a car that you can build yourself it is obviously down to the owner as to the final engine spec. But, the Ultima GTR640 has a bhp/ton of 666 and evo magazine reckons they do 0-100 in 5.5 secs, so I would guess it's fair to say no Corrado is gonna be capable of keeping up with one of them!

@ jonnyboyo: yeah, limited to 7500 miles a year, but don't do any more than that anyway.

Concerning the Ultima, there are a few different variants (GTR, Can Am etc), and being a car that you can build yourself it is obviously down to the owner as to the final engine spec. But, the Ultima GTR640 has a bhp/ton of 666 and evo magazine reckons they do 0-100 in 5.5 secs, so I would guess it's fair to say no Corrado is gonna be capable of keeping up with one of them!

It was the GTR style but def not the 640.

Ultima reccommend using a certain engine supplier from the states but as you say people dont have to as you can put whatever you want in them, hell prob was not even a V8 just a fester 950 pop lol. Going to find him out and get some info on it, i know where he lives. Curious to know myself what was in it cos i thought it should have been faster not that it was slow mind, just not the mind blowing speed i thought it was going to be.

I know you're C T is obviosuly a proper quick beasty mate, but isn't it possible that the ultima driver was giving it just enough beans to stay just ahead of you?

This entire 'what have you beaten/what's beaten you' thing is sooooo open to inaccuracies. I mean most of the time, only one of the drivers actually knopws they're racing!!

:)

Still good comparison/chat/thread though :)

It is totally possible and i do not deny i could not give my car anymore and he was as i stated pulling away hence thats why it is posted in the "whats beaten you" and not the "what you beaten" thread.

My car is quick yes but there is always some1 faster i just like finding out who is and having fun with it, so although i say i raced a lambo, ultima or whatever i know like you say only 1 of us knows.....

It is totally possible and i do not deny i could not give my car anymore and he was as i stated pulling away hence thats why it is posted in the "whats beaten you" and not the "what you beaten" thread.

My car is quick yes but there is always some1 faster i just like finding out who is and having fun with it, so although i say i raced a lambo, ultima or whatever i know like you say only 1 of us knows.....

I wasn't being patronising or owt mate. Didn't mean to be anyway :)

It's wierd how much driver/attitude/timing makes a difference though. I remember one day getting properly spanked by a last-generation clio 172/182 jobby in my properly run-in, schriked-up, brand new engined VR. I was gutted :( I reckon most of it was being caught off guard though. Those one or two seconds when I was thinking 'wha the fek', he was foot to the floor in second. Thats it then - no chance of catching up :(

Apologies matey :D just read back my post and i came across little strong.

Agree though we all must be ready 110% of the time to save the embarrasment at been beaten by the french :D

I got nailed by a corsa b whilst my car is in this spec so im not all i can beat everything.

It was a 2L turbo stripped out and 340bhp, on a dual carriage way rolling bout 40mph he just fcuked off, oh the shame, least he was not a spotty chav he's a good lad.

Apologies matey :D just read back my post and i came across little strong.

Agree though we all must be ready 110% of the time to save the embarrasment at been beaten by the french :D

I got nailed by a corsa b whilst my car is in this spec so im not all i can beat everything.

It was a 2L turbo stripped out and 340bhp, on a dual carriage way rolling bout 40mph he just fcuked off, oh the shame, least he was not a spotty chav he's a good lad.

:)

As everyone's said, to be honest it's all a bit bollocks anyway. The bottom line is we can all relax with that smug feeling that we own a corrado rather than a corsa, fiesta, pug etc etc no matter how fast it is! It's very telling when, as happened to me the other day when I got beaten by my mate's aforementioned Celica GT4, people turn around and say, "yeah it's quicker, but I'd rather have the 'rado." Nuff said! :lol:

Recently an 8-series Bimmer... no surprise there...

However the Mk2 Goof that kicked my arse coming onto the A41 from Aylesbury was a surprise.. until I heard the VR roar as it went past....

Oh and the pair of VR's from the drive upto the Scorcher... but at least I kept the pesky Nugget Valver behind me! :lol: