Sign in to follow this  
Mave

Bye bye baby...

Just been drove away by some bloke...

I feel bad for letting the exterior for getting into the condition it has done, but at least someone else can look after it now :)

In it's nicer condition..

6hh1n43.jpg

:cry:

Looks in great condition for an F reg!

LOL, it was until I left my decent paying job in Jan 06..

You must be gutted!

Feelin your pain, i'd be heartbroken if a had to part with mine now.

:(

er...dont know how to break it to you buddy but this is being broken for spres. Very sad

Gav

WTF. Its one of the fricking press cars. Can't believe its been bought to be split :(

what happened to the exterior, i thought you only painted it not that long ago??

looks tidy,

WTF. Its one of the fricking press cars. Can't believe its been bought to be split :(

money is the only reason its bein broke,for what he paid for it he knows he'll easily double his money in parts,its only of value to an enthusiast which clearly the new owner isn't.and lets face it craig has advertised it on here where he wanted someone to take it on and save it.even i was goin to buy it @ one stage but circumstances changed an i needed the cash for other things

tbh i'm really surprised that it never sold on here,i actually saw the car an didn't think it would have took that much money to put right,like u say its a shame to be broken for bits,we all had our chances to save a rado but chose not to :(

we all had our chances to save a rado but chose not to

Well I think there is a difference between wanting to save it, and being able to afford to save it. Believe me, if I could afford to have bought it I would have done.

It's just dissappointing mate and i'm sure you can understand where i'm coming from. There are plenty of other Corrado's out there being split for parts. That sucks enough but they're just one of the 97k that rolled off the production line. Only a handful in this country have any history attached to them and this one of them.. thats why its a real let down :(

yeah i know money is an issue,but i reckon 375quid is not an unrealistic amount to have saved to rescue a rare rado? i'm sure craig would have been happy to have took a deposit while to save the car whilst the new owner had raised the funds.

another thing for me was that its a fair trek to where craig lives an without T&T an nobody to get it up to donny i was kinda fooked

but i reckon 375quid is not an unrealistic amount to have saved to rescue a rare rado

Is that all he wanted for it in the end?!? I didn't realise it was as cheap as that!! :(

Scarlett and gradeafailure have PM'd the guy to see if he has started breaking it. If not then they are going to get it off him.

Good luck to Scarlet... If the guy wanted a "Breaker" why didn't he get the one with leather from Scotland?

Gutted if this does get broken... I would have taken it on but no-where to store it :(

Maybe we should have done a "Donation" thred? Sure some-one here has space for a car whilst we found a "responsable" owner to take it on?

If any-one's interested (and Local) been bought by a guy called Vondubz who has a 20vEaton Mk2... If you know him go round his house and pester him on Scarletts behalf! ;)

but i reckon 375quid is not an unrealistic amount to have saved to rescue a rare rado

Is that all he wanted for it in the end?!? I didn't realise it was as cheap as that!! :(

As far as I know, it wasn't advertised on here for that ammount.

The bloke didn't even bring £375 with him, after him saying petrol money etc, I took £340. You've no idea just how much money I've lost out on, but hey, at least I finally sold it. I advertised it here twice before, but told on both accounts to keep it. Which I did, and so wasn't a good idea. I feel gutted about it going, and I even had a dream last night that it was on my drive, totally minted out :roll: :lol:

Wasn't sure if he was going to break it or not, I knew he wanted some bits from the front but thought he might've saved up to get the bodywork to scratch again.

Scarlett & GradeA, best of luck.

The bloke didn't even bring £375 with him, after him saying petrol money etc, I took £340. You've no idea just how much money I've lost out on, but hey, at least I finally sold it. I advertised it here twice before, but told on both accounts to keep it. Which I did, and so wasn't a good idea. I feel gutted about it going, and I even had a dream last night that it was on my drive, totally minted out :roll: :lol:

Wasn't sure if he was going to break it or not, I knew he wanted some bits from the front but thought he might've saved up to get the bodywork to scratch again.

Scarlett & GradeA, best of luck.

He has not broken it yet! There is still some hope...

OMG. Just don't know what to say about this.

When I agreed to buy the 8v from someone at work it was to make sure it went to a good home. I knew it was worth more in parts than the guy was going to get for it and didn't want someone to get it for breaking.

I thought about just taking care of it before selling it on to someone who really wanted a rare Corrado but once I had it I loved the fuel economy and she's with me to stay.

Really wish Scarlett & Peanut good luck in saving her.

If it's any consolation, I think it's a mate of mine who bought this.

Could be a coincidence, I saw him on Saturday and he was talking about a red press car that he paid that much for. He did say he was thinking about getting it back into good nick and selling, so here's hoping.

Gutted for you either way mate, you let that go for a song.

EDIT - Just spotted vwdeviant's comment, it is him, I'll see what his plans are for certain

OMG. Just don't know what to say about this.

When I agreed to buy the 8v from someone at work it was to make sure it went to a good home. I knew it was worth more in parts than the guy was going to get for it and didn't want someone to get it for breaking.

I thought about just taking care of it before selling it on to someone who really wanted a rare Corrado but once I had it I loved the fuel economy and she's with me to stay.

Really wish Scarlett & Peanut good luck in saving her.

Scarlett and Gradeafailure, not peanut :)