Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

Are some people born stupid?

Managed to get myself a shinny new early headlight lense off ebay, was well chuffed.

It arrives today making a crunchy noise and packed in 3 jiffy bags :(

What sort of moron sends something large and flat (ish) made of glass in bags!!?

I bought one a few years back packed the exact same way! Obviously smashed to pieces when it arrived!......sellers excuse "well I had it pretty well padded" :mad:

Ebay has gone to sh*t. I hate it now. I first used it back in 2000 and it was so much nicer then. Now nobody ever leaves feedback any more (which I find very odd considering you get reminded to do it every time you log on), you have to wait two weeks for something to arrive and when it does you find the seller only spent £3 on postage when they charged you £10. :bad-words: Has the seller offered any resolution to the situation?

3 jiffy bags!!

If you look in the dungeon you'll see a thread where I sent a pair to the states, triple boxed with bubble wrap between each and fragile written on every side and they still arrived smashed to bits...

Should have bought that pair I offered you Janice!

3 jiffy bags!!

If you look in the dungeon you'll see a thread where I sent a pair to the states, triple boxed with bubble wrap between each and fragile written on every side and they still arrived smashed to bits...

Yeah, true stinkycharged.

Seller has another one they are going to send me instead :D

Hopefully it will be in a box this time..

3 jiffy bags!!

What sort of person orders UK spec headlight lenses for an American car?

3 jiffy bags!!

What sort of person orders UK spec headlight lenses for an American car?

I am guessing a dumb american.. ;)

I take offense (that's how you spell offence in "American English", not that there is such a language) to that. I'm a dumb American.... Well half of one.

I take offense (that's how you spell offence in "American English", not that there is such a language) to that. I'm a dumb American.... Well half of one.

Aha guilt by association! ;)

I didn't mean to imply that all Americans are dumb, just the one that bought RHD headlights for a car that needs LHD ones..

..there are plenty of dumb people all over the World.

just that most stupid people do live in the states :lol:

Please don't misunderstand me, I wholeheartedly agree. :lol: But it's not their fault. They are kept ignorant by their rubbish education system and government run media. That's how oligarchies work. If they actually empowered the population with knowledge and real aspirations the people in charge would be less powerful. I so nearly grew up in that country. Thank god I didn't cos my family is from Florida, one of the fattest most confederate, homophobic, racist, "we should never have abolished slavery" places there are.

I bought a Piece of Denby Pottery (Don't Ask) on Ebay the other week! Turns up in a jiffy bag and crunchy?????

I mean, pottery in a jiffy bag, I can't believe someone would send glass the same way! Numpty F**ks thats what they are!

Ebay has gone to sh*t. I hate it now. I first used it back in 2000 and it was so much nicer then. Now nobody ever leaves feedback any more (which I find very odd considering you get reminded to do it every time you log on), you have to wait two weeks for something to arrive and when it does you find the seller only spent £3 on postage when they charged you £10. :bad-words: Has the seller offered any resolution to the situation?

i agree, i used to like it, but last few times i've ended up worse off

just that most stupid people do live in the states :lol:

Please don't misunderstand me, I wholeheartedly agree. :lol: But it's not their fault. They are kept ignorant by their rubbish education system and government run media. That's how oligarchies work. If they actually empowered the population with knowledge and real aspirations the people in charge would be less powerful. I so nearly grew up in that country. Thank god I didn't cos my family is from Florida, one of the fattest most confederate, homophobic, racist, "we should never have abolished slavery" places there are.

I find Americans on the whole to be very personable and intelligent people, well, the ones I've spoken to have been anyway.

Of course America is going to have it's fair share of dumb arses, purely by volume of people. I'll wager the UK has an equal ratio of dumb arses by volume..... it's largely cultural and attitude differences that causes the stereotyping, rather than actually knowing for a fact whether most Americans are thick or not. The Brits are terrible for generalising and being jealous of successful people and nations. I actually feel the need to apologise for being British sometimes, such is my loathing of this country's narrow mindedness.

Yes, and reading that back to myself I am wrong to generalise about Florida like that but those attitudes are the norm out there. It's the people that don't feel that way that are considered radical which I find a little backwards. But America is an impossibly diverse place so it's difficult to generalise about the whole nation. Where my Grandad lives in California he leaves his back door open while he is on holiday for weeks at a time just so the dog can get in and out of the house. He knows if it starts raining or something one of the neighbors will just go through the back gate which is always unlocked and close it for him. How many places in Britain could you do that?

I think a lot of it is just cultural misunderstanding and the fact that they hold different things important to them. Cars being a good example. They are mostly cheap, don't last very long and can't go round corners. That's not because an American couldn't make a reliable car that goes round corners like it's glued to the road, there's no call for it. You can drive hundreds of miles without even seeing a slight left hander. It's when you take an American car out of context and try and drive it round Bury St Edmonds town center or a mountain road in Italy that it appears rubbish.

I don't feel really connected to any nation anyway. Countries don't really exist. They're just imaginary lines drawn by somebody. The idea that someone born on one side of that line should have an opposing set of values to someone born on the other side is preposterous. The very notion of the Country is one of the most divisive ideas the human race has ever had.