Sign in to follow this  
Jim

ScIROCco seems to be on its way...

Another Autoblog post but figure this is of more interest for most Rado owners ;)

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/18/spy- ... -scirocco/

Hard to tell what its going to look like under that much camoflage but it certainly seems to have lost a LOT of the visual impact of the IROC we saw at Berlin last year now that its riding on more normal / bottom of the range type alloy wheels!

At least it means the project has not been canned as had been originally feared..?

Am I the only omn who looks at that side shot and thinks .. late80-early 90's Honda Civic "aero-deck" the one all the blue-rinsers drove, invariably in White.....

Like this...

1422777_1.jpg

Still nice to see VW are keeping the tradition of a "Sporting Coupe" with 4x4 rideheight a-la the VR6! :lol:

Another Autoblog post but figure this is of more interest for most Rado owners ;)

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/18/spy- ... -scirocco/

Hard to tell what its going to look like under that much camoflage but it certainly seems to have lost a LOT of the visual impact of the IROC we saw at Berlin last year now that its riding on more normal / bottom of the range type alloy wheels!

At least it means the project has not been canned as had been originally feared..?

Whats wrong with BORBET wheels? :)

Looks more like a focus than the concept that was released in Berlin.

I'f be very disappointed if I had ordered one from the release only to find it drastically changed on build!!!

Whats wrong with BORBET wheels?

Nothing? I run a set myself! :)

it certainly seems to have lost a LOT of the visual impact of the IROC we saw at Berlin last year now that its riding on more normal / bottom of the range type alloy wheels!

It's rare to see a test mule on alloys, they usually wear narrow black steelies! I suspect the production version will wear something more interesting than that, but hopefully not the ghastly R32 ones.

The sweeping arc of the door lines is a clue how the back will look. It should have a very shallow rake like the Corrado and Skidchocco....

Think the loss of visual impact may be due to the less 'in yer face' colour Jim.

Still think just looks like everything else on the road being produced by mass market manufacturers, especially the recent Ford Fucus as previously mentioned. Although it does look lower in the roof but it is difficult to tell without a better size comparison in the pics.

Look at the roof lines and then find a pic of the IROC launch car........ Nowhere near the same!!!

Think there will be some very disappointed people out there when officially launched!

huge pity VW didn't have the balls to stick to the launch car. Marketing men must have pulled the plug as i'm sure the designers didn't want to change it

You know I reckon it's probably not far off under all that disguising... they do call it disguise for a reason :lol:

Looks more like a MK6 golf I reckon

Could be, the back bumper is way to big and the door handles are different although these may be part of the 'Changes' :?

You know I reckon it's probably not far off under all that disguising... they do call it disguise for a reason :lol:

You said just what I was thinking there dinkus, in a loud colour with the right alloys it could still be pretty close to the original concept.

At the end of the day, VW are in the market to make money, if they go with something really radical and too expensive they'll be in danger of selling even less Scirocco Mk4s than they did Mk3s.

It does look different but agree that once on different wheels and a different colour etc and not covered up its gonna be completely different.

If im right in saying its due out in 2008 sometime, alot can and will change in that short period (some for good and bad changes) lets not forget its still not completed, i remember seein spy shots of the 3 series beemer and thinkong my god they ruined a good looking car, but now i like them.

Is that red car in your Avatar an old Capri Eric?

Nope, it's what the Iroc should have looked like :-P

Tempest

Its a shame it never kept the original mirrors and ride height.

I guess if the car looked totally phat to start with, we wouldn't be able to have as much fun chopping it about. The fact that you need to make quite a few changes to get current C's looking perfect at least means they're all still quite different.

The fact that you need to make quite a few changes to get current C's looking perfect at least means they're all still quite different.

I personally feel that they got the styling of the Corrado pretty much spot on from the factory.. I mean a set of wheels and a slight drop helps but i'd definately take a mint unmodified Corrado over a modified one any day! :)

Its a shame it never kept the original mirrors and ride height.

I guess if the car looked totally phat to start with, we wouldn't be able to have as much fun chopping it about. The fact that you need to make quite a few changes to get current C's looking perfect at least means they're all still quite different.[/quote:96fcf]

I like Jim, like the original C's styling.

However, you do have to remember that is over 20 years old in desing terms now and still looks good IMHO. As for changing external bits that comes down to styling and we all have varying tastes in that area. As for the ride height the Corrado was designed to handle and whilst there was a compromise with regard to ride the suspension is set for the best roll height for the car - inspite of it being high on VR models.

The only thing I wish VW had provided from the Karmann factory was a set of smoked rear light clusters, the crap you get from ming-pro is of such poor build quality.

I like Jim too, and Yan.....

I like the way the corrado looks as stock and would buy an average unmodded example over something that's been lowered etc.

Guess we'll have to see what it really looks like next year...