Sign in to follow this  
andymc

corrado storm, about to break opinions

Some of you may remember i managed to write off my green storm a couple of months ago, basically damage all down the passenger side, well the insurers have paid out (after many inspections etc) and im nearly £6k better off, a brief summary:

5 previous owners

112k with fvwsh

all storm extras

new tyres

brakes

supension mounts

uprated springs and dampers

cream leather

etc etc

what is the best way to approach this? break it for the parts or sell as a damage repairable?

any idea on what prices i should be asking

will post pics of the damage as soon as the car is back with me

I suppose a good place to start would be to put up some pics of the damage and see if anyone would want to repair..

I can imagine youll end up with a load of people saying first dibs on this that and the other if you break so i may as well stake a claim..

Id be interested in Corrado and Storm badges from the rear, your gear stick surround containing badge and the carpet for starters id imagine there would be more stuff id take...

Your engine is worth about 500 quid, your seats and door cards probably about 700 quid, all front lighting is worth reasonable money...

/must resist wanting to buy stuff

to be honest, you can make decent wedge from breaking a storm, if you've got the know how, time and can be arsed with people asking a million questions you answered already ;)

As Goldie says would be worth offering it up for someone to repair. Alternatively offer the whole unit up for sale to break for spares. If you do want to off load her as a complete unit, let me know, I'd be interested.

Best off making a list and being very very organised.

There have been quite a few cars broken on here recently so you can get an idea of prices quite easily. You will need to get a good idea of postage, post office is reasonable up to 1Kg, look around the £5 mark if its over, Palletline are ideal for units such as the engine and box, but you could do with a pallet and possibly forklift.

Parcels2go.com (I think) were good for me the other day with an exhaust silencer costing £13 to send to Scotland, and it arrived within 24 hours.

When all is said and done, the most important thing is to keep good records of everything you do, offer and sell to people.

Good luck

p.s. sell it to me for £5.... ;)

Sorry to hear about this - it would be a shame for another to be off the road, but I'm sure you'll be able to make a fair few £££s by breaking it and then you could buy another really nice example... I'm sure I could think of a few things I'd like (def OS wing if in vgc) even though the interior is the wrong colour for mine.

i bet the damage is not that bad?? its amazing what little damage you have to do to a corrado for them to right one off :( so depending on damage, get it repaired out of your 6k payout. then either keep it?? or then sell it as a completly perfect running car.

Looks like he hasn't logged on since September last year. I vaguely remember talking to Toad about this at E38 last year. He may know something. I Can't remember what happened with it though.