OSV

OSV Satin Silver VR6 OEM+

...........My extensive research has lead me to the undeniable truth that the amber rear lights do no favours whatsoever to the car and it the battle of stock amber vs red there is only one winner.

So it may not be stock but it certainly rocks, red till i'm dead. :clap:

Oh yes I agree with you there fella........ambers look pants on silver rados, reds win every day of the week :clap: :clap: !!

Although to be fair you could put multi-coloured rainbow lollipops on your car and I would still think its the best on the CF :camp:

If you keep this up Gareth you'll have to call it OEM without the plus :) You'll be telling us next you're increasing the ride height :eek:

Saved by the bell, the thought of the stock ride height has made my blood run cold. Thanks for the prod Bill :wave:

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: Well I ventured into the loft to retrieve my original rear lamps, thankfully they are in A1 condition so its all good to go.

Or so I thought. The idea such as it was and goodness knows why was to return to the stock rear lights. I think it was a nod towards the nothing but stock advocates. As it goes I don't regard my car as what I think of as a modded car and certainly its no custom car, but i'm not under no illusions i'm aware of every detail where my car deviates from strict factory spec.

So before refitting the rear light clusters I revisited old pictures of my car and looked at pictures of every other Satin Silver Corrado I could find. My extensive research has lead me to the undeniable truth that the amber rear lights do no favours whatsoever to the car and it the battle of stock amber vs red there is only one winner.

Well sounds to me like you like me in the sense that i dont class my car a modded car nor do i class it as a completely factory stock car, if and i mean IF i really wanted to i reckon it would take me a weekend or two to put it back to complete original as it came out the factory christ ive still got the original radio cassette in the garage , I think it all boils down to personal taste and what ticks the boxes for you! I love original cars more so than any thing else, dont get me wrong i have alot of respect for heavy modify VWs but original ones standard factory fresh is what really does it for me, BUT there are certain models in the VW range that need a few light tweaks to improve them, like the corrado's lights where as (for me anyway) the mk4 R32 i would leave as stock, box fresh love it right ride height looks, etc

good to here your decision Gareth

ttfn

chris :salute:

The amber ones do look ok on certain colours but I agree with Satin they dont suit it. I much prefer mine with standard rears.

all reds look awesome on your car mate dont change em! personally i think if you changed em to standards the BBS wouldnt work as well as they do

I like the amber lights :D

The only styling thing I don't like on the Corrado is the ugly and clumsy looking rear wash wipe.

As for the OE ride height, even died in the wool originality fans succumb to the lowering springs eventually. Vanity. One of the deadly sins. :D

As for the OE ride height, even died in the wool originality fans succumb to the lowering springs eventually. Vanity. One of the deadly sins. :D

Never! :lol:

I like the amber lights :D

The only styling thing I don't like on the Corrado is the ugly and clumsy looking rear wash wipe.

I actually don't have a problem with the amber lights at all and they look great on some colour Corrados, Classic Green and Red spring to mind and they look ok on most other colours too. Ideally i'd run them on mine but they truly do no favours to Satin Silver, its perhaps that the colour Satin Silver gives the Corrado quite a contemporary look which is at odds with the 80s amber lights.

Looks amazing on the new wheels. Never thought I'd ever say this as BBS RS' are the ultimate wheel for the Rado but they actually look better IMHO!

What bulbs do you use in your red rears? I use amber ones but they still look very red so I need to revert to stock lights for MOT time.

I used green bulbs in mine and they are spot on and MOT friendly too. I bought stock clear bulbs and painted them with green stained glass paint from a hobby shop

Your car is a beautiful example my favourite on this forum :D I use your pictures on here as wallpaper on my works PC and change them often.

Your car is a beautiful example my favourite on this forum :D I use your pictures on here as wallpaper on my works PC and change them often.

Thanks, thats really kind of you. It really does mean a lot to get positive feedback from other forum users. Gareth

over rated scene car, last time i saw it i`m sure there was a speck of dirt underneath...total let down....;-)

Just found this thread after being pointed to it from retrorides (where I started a thread about Corrados!). I would just like to say, your Rado really does look perfect. Now I must resist.......buying.........one..........for the third time.....

Just found this thread after being pointed to it from retrorides (where I started a thread about Corrados!). I would just like to say, your Rado really does look perfect. Now I must resist.......buying.........one..........for the third time.....

Wow, thanks for that there are some great Corrados on here, and its awesome to hear about the Corrado getting some interest on another forum and being signposted to my thread on here

Come on Gareth, any updates or have you reached perfection! ;)

Cheers for the prompt Matt, pretty far from perfection and destined to stay that way. Main plan this year is simply drive and enjoy and get out to a few shows, ideally on Club stands rather than any competitive arena. When are we going to hear about yours?

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

how come you are selling the wheels Gareth? I liked them :-(

Hopefully they will be staying, I like them too was thinking of rationalising wheels is 3 sets too many? Didn't think so just bought some more!

Cheers for the prompt Matt, pretty far from perfection and destined to stay that way. Main plan this year is simply drive and enjoy and get out to a few shows, ideally on Club stands rather than any competitive arena. When are we going to hear about yours?

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Sounds like a great plan, some Bank Holiday updates on mine coming soon! ;)