OSV

OSV Satin Silver VR6 OEM+

Thats great news!!

Makes me happy that i've kept mine, i've been tempted to sell it at times, the amount of people on this forum that sell Corrados then end buying one again is amazing!

Your car has been a massive inspiration to me, a timeless looking car, love everything about it, glad you got it back mate.

I never realised BBS made those half height caps.

Thanks guys really touched by the positive attitude and kind words shown to the car on my return. Its looking at some of the great rides on here that helped make up my mind to return. I personally think the Corrado can only get more disirable with age as numbers decrease and the majority become basket cases more likely to be broken than restored. The well cared for stock (ish) looking examples will be truly modern day classics and a joy to own and drive.

i might be going to MIVW too, i was considering it before but i spent 2 days driving around Holland this week and would love to drive their in the vr and MIVW is the perfect excuse. I'll have my rs's back on by then so it would be a good opportunity to get some snaps next to yours :)

What tyres are you planning on running on the 301's then?

That would be cool! I think i'll play safe and go for 205/40 and despite the price hike i'm still favouring Dunlop SP9000 tyres but I had been thinking of 195/40 but it seems kind of wrong to go narrower than the standard tyres on the Speedlines!! Also don't really want a stretch look as i'm aiming for a Classic look rather than custom.

cool, you cant get sp9000's in 195/40 they start at 205/40 in 17's. Defo go for the sp's as they have the best looking profile and sidewall :)

Yeh i'm happy with the Dunlops, 195s would mean going Pirelli or such like but I think i'll go ahead and order the Dunlops tomorrow. Can't wait to get them on the car!

prob a bit shocking to hear this from me but ive always loved 215/40 on a 301 for the perfect look

but anyways

im really chuffed for you Gareth, just need to get mine back now and it will be like going back 3 years in time

We should all still be rocking Corrados why did we ever sell up?

I hear what you say about the 215s but I have now ordered Dunlop SP9000 in 205/40R17 as they are a great tyre and sit nicely on the tyre without giving the arches too hard a time.

Excellent news another Corrado back to it's former owner.

I sold mine after 5 years of ownership, and 2 years later (Jan 09) I bought it back :D

It is actually today's forum header :clap:

I plan to never sell it again.

Good to see the car move around from one careful to another and back again.

A great car, always appreciated it everytime I have seen it.

Awesome! Thanks for posting those it looks great, its amazing how different a light coloured Corrado looks amongst the range of dark coloured cars in the picture.

Tyres have arrived today too so gradually progressing

right, that's it, my all reds are going back on :) As mentioned, the aspirational OEM+

Satin Silver is easily the best colour for the Corrado. Love it and always will. Just wish I waited till one came up when I was buying.

Love this car.

Simple but effective solution to the breaking and now obsolete parcel shelf straps is this upgrade from the MKV Golf GTI Circa £4 each and readily available.

IMG_0658.jpg

Blimey, kept seeing this thread bumped around but never realised you had the car back!! :clap:

What's that film where Woody Harrelson lets some rich bloke (Robert Redford??) sleep with his missus, Demi Moore, for money ..... :scratch: Ever get that feeling Gareth? :tongue:

Thanks, comments like that are unexpected but great to hear

Hi Gareth nice to meet you today and have a good chat[even if you did catch my splitter on a speed bump :lol: :lol: ] The car looks stunning in the flesh! absolutley perfect imo. Also thanks for making me feel better about mine, it will get there one day!

terry

Welcome back Gareth.... 8) yeah, I'm a bit late, but it's nice to see your car back in your hands... it'll always be YOUR car in my eyes... even if you did originally buy it from the orthodontist who inflicted lots of pain on me back in the day! :lol:

Come on Gareth wheres the pics got to :D ? Im looking forward to see them.

The remaining paperwork will be with you anyday now.