OSV

OSV Satin Silver VR6 OEM+

it looks like new but thats what powder coating is good for,im going to have to do the underside of mine now :lol:

Yours is really on another level now, I think this is a job for next winter now for you, you must be dying to finish reassembly and get back behind the wheel.

KW are the best out there, nice move mate :)

You won't regret buying these , ride will be perfect

Thanks i'm really hoping so, no real complaints about my FK konigsports but whilst the subframe is off thought i'd take the opportunity to go for the Inox KWs.

it looks like new but thats what powder coating is good for,im going to have to do the underside of mine now :lol:

Yours is really on another level now, I think this is a job for next winter now for you, you must be dying to finish reassembly and get back behind the wheel.

yes it will be a next winter job if i keep the car...but for now and im sure i speak for the rest, roll on summer! 8)

Nice, who polished your lips and where did you get the centres painted?

Apart from your oe set I think this will be the best incarnation of 301's you've had on yours.

Cheers Zak, the idea is OE with a twist rather than full on custom finish. They were done by The Polisher and the centres are powdercoated in a finish similar to that used on modern Audis, a little more dynamic/lively than the OE finish but nothing mad, more subtle than chrome or chrome powdercoat.

Tyres are Dunlop SP9000 205/40R17, should get the tyres on soon and the wheels will be on the car this Summer but will probably run my NOS set for the run out to Stanford Hall.

Bit of a random question but what aerial do you have? Mine has perished & I don't really like the look of the standard one or the tiny little beesting ones. Nor do I like the all metal ones - I DO like the rubberised ones!

Would yours fit the bill? Looks a good size for starters!

Back to stock now, it was an aftermarket VW fit version of the Honda S2000 aerial, can't recall name atm, was a US manufacturer

No its not stock, its the one i referred to above, i'm afraid its sold. I think I have a new short OE style mast somewhere

OK, no worries, think I may have found one I can try.

All looks lovely by the way and I'm in the camp that favours the all silver wheels. Complement the car beautifully. Good work!

Getting there now, after a visit to DG Autotech pretty much all the work under the car is now complete, you can't beat these guy's enthusiasm and commitment to provide a great service. Really looking forward to some sunny days, just lots of cleaning now and waiting for the return of the rear seats, and need to source a few items of increasingly fragile trim :brickwall:

Looking forward to seeing it again Gareth, had a good old chat with Dave after the agm about your car and he was bowled over by it :grin:

Are you at Stanford then???

Kip

Hi Paul, it feels like painting the Forth bridge, never ending but all being well i'll be at Stanford,nice of Dave to say some kind words about it. I managed to get a place on the club stand, will be good to enjoy it and catch up with folk.

Superb :) looking forward to looking under it :lol: sad i know! cant believe you have never been though i bloody love this show but never get time to look around it with other duties :roll:

Can't believe i've never been either, really looking forward to it

Following the recent visit to DG Autotech the following has now been carried out

• KW V1 Coilovers

• VAG top mounts

• Subframe - Powdercoated

• Overhauled and refurbished VAG steering rack

• New VAG track rods and track rod ends

• VAG R32 rear wishbone bushes

• VAG ARB drop links

• All new VAG bushes bolts and fixings (subject to availability)

• VAG tank strap fittings and bolts

• Oil pressure sender for gauge pack

And a quick pic from under my backend :help:

IMG_1259.jpg

Awsome effort matey! been watching with interest and dont forget i get to know little bits from the DG boys too :norty: :lol:

hoping to get the rear axle and a few more bits done later this year too if funds allow but i know you can never just half do it so will expect quite some outlay :roll:

i cant handle seeing this car, its far to nice!! and its even better in the metal :brickwall:

cant wait to have my car in and out of DG later this year, but will take some serious funds to get it as nice as yours

Getting a car to OSV standard is not only about throwing money at it.

The amount of time involved in getting it seriously clean should not be under estimated.

Other than the cost of the cleaning products and tools themselves getting everywhere spotless, especially the underneath, is pretty cheap to do :)

Costs then arise when you can see how much attention is needed to certain areas :gag:

Judith, i think yours is testament to what serious elbow grease can do to a car. Gareth's is just the ultimate OEM benchmark. tbh, i use both yours and OSVs as inspiration and a hopeful objective.

Getting a car to OSV standard is not only about throwing money at it.

The amount of time involved in getting it seriously clean should not be under estimated.

Other than the cost of the cleaning products and tools themselves getting everywhere spotless, especially the underneath, is pretty cheap to do :)

Costs then arise when you can see how much attention is needed to certain areas :gag:

i think its safe to say i have maybe the biggest cleaning collection on here :lol:

i will have everything painted and replaced eventually, and then just clean it OCD style :grin:

this is inspirational though