CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

the xspppppower came off really easily (i gave it someone else to do :lol: ) as for the ceramic coating, a mate of mine got it done for me the same time has was having a load done for he's mk2 1.8t coversion, i will find out for you how much/where he got it done though.

and i'm also going for all black pipes/silicone.

Like the valver James :D - nice and original. Was it a local car? Think I used to see an old white valver round Durham back in the day.

VRT should be fun too 8)

Yes you cant beat cheap valvers are a good way to keep miles off my main toy (best tell Kev that) :lol:

I had my eye on that 16V you git! :lol:

I keep going to get a 2nd car and then I lose enthusiasm and can't be arsed anymore. Space is tight where I live and 3 cars would be a problem for me and my missus.

That's mainly why I'm using the VRT daily and to be honest, despite it's hiccups, I feckin love using it every day :lol: Got to get my money's worth out of it!

Sorry Kev I could not resist this one :D

I must admit when I had the old VRT i could not stop driving it :lol: its addictive to scream away from much higher power spec cars :lol:

Been playing with valver today and all it needs for mot is front screen,two rear brake flexi's and two front tyres !!! how cool is that! 8)

Got the tube manifold back from the welders,my mate works for a company making robotic underwater cameras/diving equipment so most bits are fabricated from alloy and they do all there own in house work/welding.So I got him to get the manifold welded for me and very impressed with the welds,they even made up two alloy end caps as not to warp the tube when welding !

DSCN1230.jpg

DSCN1232.jpg

DSCN1240.jpg

Looks good James!

Even the head mounting face looks pretty flat still. 8)

It looks it but its not :( but the lad who cut the 4" groove will mill it flat again for me 8)

Like the valver James :D - nice and original. Was it a local car? Think I used to see an old white valver round Durham back in the day.

VRT should be fun too 8)

Hi Mike,the valver has been in gateshead for 3 years so it might have been around Durham? hows your VR still doing?

Hi Mike,the valver has been in gateshead for 3 years so it might have been around Durham? hows your VR still doing?

Yes its really good - am thinking about getting some new coilies (the roads are sooo bad in Sheffield)- plus its on 117k so maybe clutch and chains looming in the next year or so.

Still having fun with the Puma though- awesome fun at Legal speeds :D but the car rusts worse than any car I have ever known :(

Cheers

Who did the welding on you manifold dude? Quality of the weld looks superb. Still trying to find someone to marry a 20v inlet up to a 16v manfold flange....

Who did the welding on you manifold dude? Quality of the weld looks superb. Still trying to find someone to marry a 20v inlet up to a 16v manfold flange....

This guy works in Thirsk for a company making submersible cameras/diving equipment ect so the standards of the welds needs to be 100% and he is sorting out business cards as I said i could get him plenty of work,top welder!

Will let you know bud,he is finishing off my manifold as we speak and i to have a 16v and 20vt to mate up together 8)

Forgot you got the Puma Mike they are fun motors to drive having the nimble fiesta floor pan!

This guy works in Thirsk for a company making submersible cameras/diving equipment ect so the standards of the welds needs to be 100% and he is sorting out business cards as I said i could get him plenty of work,top welder!

Will let you know bud,he is finishing off my manifold as we speak and i to have a 16v and 20vt to mate up together 8)

Sweet. 8) I can't get over how good the welding is. Mind you, I've seen some pretty shocking alloy welding

yes mate so have i ! more like alloy melting...together in a horrible pool of erm...alloy :lol:

look what i got....scrap yard find for £10 8) ive got a feeling ive done this all before :(

Mmmmm shiney! Coming together nicely James.

So is this what you use your new kitchen for? And if so, do you have a VR engine on a stand just out of the picture :lol:

Lol,we need a new kitchen and yes its a mans dream to have mechanical things all over the house,but in the real world i must do as im told :lol:

Few little updates,had the manifold welded up,looks the nuts,b=very happy with this welder and he is a good price! just looka t the welds!!

Just need to drill and trim some areas then its going to all be powdercoated black! nice OEM look 8)

Got a turbo off Flebay,its one of them cheap XSpower T70 ones,this is going to be used as a moke up so i can make the downpipe and inlet ect as its the same dimensions as the GT35R,then i will run it to move the car then im going to make one of those Jet turbines you see on Youtube!! that should be fun :shock:

Got ARP rod and head bolts ordered from the states with a charge cooler rad aswell 8)

DSCN1377.jpg

DSCN1378.jpg

DSCN1398.jpg

DSCN1400.jpg

DSCN1399.jpg

DSCN1394.jpg

DSCN1382.jpg

DSCN1392.jpg

NICE WORK mate lovin the inlet .

me thinks its gunna move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Cheers Bud,lovin your motor bud,looks the dogs 8)

Quick one..

If any of you need top quality welding give this guy a call.

Andrew Mulholland on Mob07731903167 or Tel 01765609439.

He is in Ripon,but if ya give him a call im sure something can be sorted.

Had a quick fit up to see how its going to come together,thought i would have clearance problems with the ATP manifold and large blower against the brake servo...and i was right :( I was going to fit remote reservoirs to the top of bulk head were the wiper motor sits ,but now im thinking i want to make my own manifold using the stock VR manifolds,this could be more cost effective and i can have the turbo pointing in the any direction angle i want..back off to the garage :lol:

DSCN1411.jpg

DSCN1412.jpg

DSCN1413.jpg

manifold looking good 8)

DSCN1414.jpg

wow, that looks awesome 8) . Loving the short-runner intake, makes a change to see people making them for themselves.

Can I ask what exhaust manifold you're using? I'm getting bit together myself at the moment and not sure what my exhaust manifold options are.

James , i was looking at Keiths VRT MK2 golf at JKM and hes using remote reservoirs, If i go turbo ,i will go this way :)

Nice work so far mate, manifold looks awesome 8)

Manifold_fabrication_1_big.jpg[/attachment:c85wpq08]

Cheers Mincy,the manifold is an ATP type/knock off,i would not recommend this unless you are going to run a smaller turbo or fit the turbo the other way round and have the intake side towards the ABS unit.

The last one i used and what many like Kev use on here is an SPA manifold,its a brazilian manifold and there casts are crap!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPA-Turb ... 0144955730

but they will fit better :(

James , i was looking at Keiths VRT MK2 golf at JKM and hes using remote reservoirs, If i go turbo ,i will go this way :)

Nice work so far mate, manifold looks awesome 8)

Manifold_fabrication_1_big.jpg[/attachment:350iaku6]

I already looked into this Shaun and i might still go down this route,but im still researching what will be or work the best :D

Cheers Karl,you best start playing catch up! :lol: