Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Veyron v Typhoon (Jet)

Yesterday Top Gear were at RAF Coningsby filming for the next series.

The challenge was for a Veyron to travel 1 mile down the runway, turn around, and do a mile back to the finish as fast as possible!! At the same time a Typhoon would shoot down the runway, take off, fly up 1 mile, trun around, and fly back to the finish line!!

I know the result as I have mates down there, but I wont let the cat out of the bag, so make sure nobody else does either you lot, as its on the tv in the next series!!!

So without searching the ether, who do you reckon won?

Also, who do you think was driving???

I'm guessing it was hamster.. seeing as he's the only one of the Top Gear lads to have not done a Veyron feature yet!

where'd you find those pic's stan? were you there as I didn't see you.

I took some on my phone but came out pants.

I wasnt but I know a man who was :wink:

And to answer who was driving:

Doesn't he look like a woman with that hair???

Strange you should say that Lord Toad. I turned to my girlfriend about 15 seconds ago and said "jesus, hampster looks like my mum"!!! :)

Strange you should say that Lord Toad. I turned to my girlfriend about 15 seconds ago and said "jesus, hampster looks like my mum"!!! :)

That is exactly what I was thinking (not your mum though, I've never met her), middlish aged woman. Maybe there were some side effects from the crash?

That is exactly what I was thinking (not your mum though, I've never met her), middlish aged woman. Maybe there were some side effects from the crash?

That's not what she told me :)

Quite good, but still only in a straight line. Anybody catch Tiff getting it sideways on Fifth Gear on Monday? Cool stuff. 8)

I know who won!

On a Top Gear related thing do you think Hammond actually went to the North Pole? Was just thinking becuase on that special episode you never actually see him get there. Do you think they wouldn't let him go for health reasons and just filmed him on a sled somewhere snowy to make it look like he was racing May and Clarkson?

And how come they're allowed to race a plane in the Veyron but they can't take it round the track? Are VW scared it'll be beaten by something?

Who was the pilot? Not a guy called Nial Inman (Binman) by any chance was it?

Cant remember his name, but it wasnt that one mate.

Quite good, but still only in a straight line. Anybody catch Tiff getting it sideways on Fifth Gear on Monday? Cool stuff. 8)

yeah I saw that, and I have to admit as much as 5th gear makes me cringe with its awfull presenting, watching plato and tiff racing the porsche and audi around the track was superb, thats what top gear is missing at the moment you get a better sense of speed when there are two cars on the track, maybe they should have two Stigs at the same time?

Watched the 5th Gear Veyron article on YouTube yesterday. I often cringe at 5th Gear, but you just have to hand it to them as when they review a proper feature car, they do it right. A bit of info on where its made, a bit about its production, the experience for new owners, and building up to a drive in the car itself.. was a great feature.

Who was the pilot? Not a guy called Nial Inman (Binman) by any chance was it?

Cant remember his name, but it wasnt that one mate.

Ok cool, I know he's based there and was one of the only uk pilots flying the typhoon at one point! :lol:

On another note, we did a Kawsaki hawk bsb bike versus a Hawk last year.. think the jet won!

l_7bf856129cc2bd51fc2858c5f73a38a1.jpg