KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

Sounds crap that Karl..... Not really mate it sounds lovely..

trust me it sounds even better when your standing next 2 it 8) and i dont think it's gonna be having a turbo shaun

question, how on earth can you get so much extra power from an NA engine than the factory 250bhp??

i dont understand it. Are we saying that if 280bhp is possible from a standard engine, then mine with cams should be good for 300bhp??

Easy - raise the rev limiter :D

Most of the power will be coming from the fact there's no cat, more ignition advance and richer fuelling at the top end.

Factory maps are very conservative. The R32 lump is capable of 100hp / litre easily....

Awesome news karl :notworthy: sorry i couldnt make it up, wish i had now, would have been a good day with all the guys there!

Let me know when its 100% sorted and you can come show me or i'll come see it 8)

question, how on earth can you get so much extra power from an NA engine than the factory 250bhp??

i dont understand it. Are we saying that if 280bhp is possible from a standard engine, then mine with cams should be good for 300bhp??

just really repeating what Kev said but yeh the standard r32's have sooo many emmisions controls as standard that when they are re-moved it really changes the engines performance figures, i read about a mk3 r32 that was tuned at road and rally on an emerald set up, and they got 288bhp 272lb after the re-map, and they were using some bodged downpipe unlike my dubpower work of art downpipe.

i think you will see 300bhp easilly enough Ian with a good re-map even on the standard ecu with the cams.

so is this mapped yet, or are you still dribbling over it?

I can lend you one of these if it helps:

etch_a_sketch.jpg

seriously, you can have it. It's a present :thumb right:

FINALLY!!! :D

great to hear it's finally sorted Karl - really can't wait to see/hear it in the metal.

sounds lovely on the vid - can't wait to sample the real thing! :)

when are you getting it mapped by the way; i'm sure i'm not the only one curious to see what the figures are! :D

(i'll give you a shout in the next few days about the brakes by the way)

hope you get the chance to really enjoy it now after all the time and effort that has gone in

well we will see with mine gets tested on the rollers.

another question :D

does your 6 branch have a flexi in it?

I have seen them that dont have one, and somethings got to give! might be worth thinking about if thats the case

well done for getting it running btw, sorry i sounded a bit ignorant there!

can they not self map now to a certain extent?

Well done Karl!! makes me want to rush mine a bit more now hearing it :D Will have to see it in the flesh at some point...

i should see more than that i think?? due to the standalone's greater tuning capabillites. but to be perfectly honest anything around 280bhp in N/A form is alot quicker than the 295bhp i had when it was charged, the r32 just has sooo much more low down torque than the 12v 8)

are you not gonna take your old engine out and get the r32 ready yourself Ben, or you leaving it to stealth to do the lot??

i have nooo problem coming over and offering you some assistance if you wanna do the actual install yourself.

Thanks for the offer Karl. Not sure how I am going to play it yet. To be honest though I am completely useless when it comes to spannering lol

no worries Ian i did not think you were being ignorant mate, but i just think your under estimating how much power you will/should get out of your engine. and yeh i have a flexi welded on the de-cat pipe.

and i have borrowed a wideband so i can play with the ECU this weekend, after the re-map i will invest on a PLX wideband system, i was looking at this unit http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PLX-devices-SM-AF ... 240%3A1318

and cheers for the thought Chris but i can think of much better things to spend money on than a private plate, there just not my style.

karl

well today i have bled the clutch, attached the exhaust heat shield and measured up the cat for the final install of the exhaust.

gonna ring stealth on monday to sort out a day for its re-map.

and i will be getting the new wheels fitted soon also, i have allways wanted a set of these 8)

so thoughts on the alloys??

karl

well today i have bled the clutch, attached the exhaust heat shield and measured up the cat for the final install of the exhaust.

gonna ring stealth on monday to sort out a day for its re-map.

and i will be getting the new wheels fitted soon also, i have allways wanted a set of these 8)

so thoughts on the alloys??

karl

S2 Speedlines?

There lovely. Not sure how theyd look on a C though.