KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

very very nice pal :D

is there any chance you could swap the 540 exhaust for an m5 item?

i would have thought they would be very similar up front.....

the standard m5 system sounds very good (IMO of course) - it's not too loud, but you still know the car is a bit special. along the same sort of lines as an rs6 if you've ever had the aural pleasure...

:D

like this

That exhaust sounds nice!

Cant stop bloody looking at this now you lucky bugger :lol:

Fancy bringing it along to a Corrado meet in Derby area if we get one together Easter time?

love the car mate. does the exhaust note sound well on a standard system? from that video you have put up i could think it might get a bit annoying on a long journey?

love the car mate. does the exhaust note sound well on a standard system? from that video you have put up i could think it might get a bit annoying on a long journey?

to be honest the standard exhaust is stupidly quite on them, whats the point in having a big V8 under the bonnet if you cant hear it?? and honestly they are soooo quite inside i dont think it would be annoying.

and yeh Leonard pm me when theres a meet going on near you mate, and you can have a go in it no problem.

karl

Very nice and good price. So this is taking the Corrado's place then? Looking at new cars again as well :lol: but nothing that will sound that good.

fair enough. after putting that i did wonder how quiet they actually are. its like driving an old v8 landy you wanna hear it coming! lol

well the 540 is parked up on the driveway :D i love this car its just so smooth and so fast, i can honestly say that upto about 40mph its on par with my corrado when it was supercharged, but after 40 it would have left the corrado standing :shock: if anyone thinks i'm making it up i will happily prove them wrong.

and the MPG is not that bad, on the motorway i was getting an average reading of 34mpg, and town driving i was getting 22mpg.

As for the corrado its still being broken down, just lost the love. :(

karl

Really liking the BM, Karl! Looks like a fantastic find 8) Make sure you come along to a Corrado meet sometime, so we can all see it in the flesh...

well the 540 is parked up on the driveway :D i love this car its just so smooth and so fast, i can honestly say that upto about 40mph its on par with my corrado when it was supercharged, but after 40 it would have left the corrado standing :shock: if anyone thinks i'm making it up i will happily prove them wrong.

and the MPG is not that bad, on the motorway i was getting an average reading of 34mpg, and town driving i was getting 22mpg.

karl

glad you're happy with it pal - good news 8)

mine gets 29 on a run at the mo and about 15-16 about town. that said i'll be doing a water pump/thermostat/temp sender and coolant change shortly which should hopefully give me maybe 1 more mpg as i've heard the thermostats go lazy and run thecar a little cool on older bmw v8's...

also thinking about getting my injectors cleaned just as a matter of course before long.

seeing as yours has great history etc i guess you can just sit back and enjoy trouble free motoring for now (touches wood!). really pleased you're happy with it pal. will have to show you what an extra 600cc's will do for you when we meet again :wink:

only thing i wouls check is the state of the brakes - they're unlikely to be like mine, but the sliders design is just crap. there a pic at the bottom of where my pads had seized onto my carriers and worn a groove in - had to file them flat before i re-fitted it all...

get some more pics of it up when you can pllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssseee :D

karl

glad you're happy with it pal - good news 8)

mine gets 29 on a run at the mo and about 15-16 about town. that said i'll be doing a water pump/thermostat/temp sender and coolant change shortly which should hopefully give me maybe 1 more mpg as i've heard the thermostats go lazy and run thecar a little cool on older bmw v8's...

also thinking about getting my injectors cleaned just as a matter of course before long.

ps bmws are a lot more fun than people give em credit for

seeing as yours hasn't done that many miles i guess you can just sit back and enjoy trouble free motoring for now (touches wood!). really pleased you're happy with it pal. will have to show you what an extra 1000cc's will do for you when we meet again :wink:

get some more pics of it up when you can pllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssseee :D

oh my word you are both driving your bmers like girls :lol: i have an 130i with less bhp than you both and have done since i got it with 1000 miles on the clock an overall average of 27.1 mpg !

but i guess once you both get used to lighting up the back end on roundabouts and general sideways driving you should get that mpg down a little bit :lol:

my average for 2-weeks combined usually hover around the 19mpg mark! :wink:

(and no joking - i'm on a first name basis with all the staff at my local shell garage!!!)

(and no joking - i'm on a first name basis with all the staff at my local shell garage!!!)

:lol: so am i kind of if i could pronaunce their names :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote:2yvi0mqf]

being a baby BMW i only have a little 53 litre tank and get around 250 miles out of it :lol: its quite funny as i had a 120d before hand at used to get 420 out of it its was a bit of a shock to the wallet as work is a 42 mile round trip but its sooooooooo much more fun

well BMW didn't lie about the top speed as had 155mph out of it earlier today :D plus there was still loads left, apparently it will do 186ish with the restrictor deleted, so far wiped the floor with my mates focus rs, and had a play with an astra vxr then decided i was getting bored so floored it.

this may have something to do with it??

bet that was a cheap playtime 8) :lol:

nope not all, got the mpg down into single figures though :lol: and just put a deposit on a little something to make it faster :D

just a quick vid of my newish torqueflow exhaust

but its not going to sound like that for long as a vortech V1 was purchased today :lol:

should be good for about 450bhp :)

just a quick vid of my newish torqueflow exhaust
but its not going to sound like that for long as a vortech V1 was purchased today :lol:

should be good for about 450bhp :)

Ha ha fookin love that mate. Dont mess around do ya :lol:

You had best take shares out in one of the major petroleum companies :grin: