KADVR6

Kadvr6. Its time to sell :-(

Nice one Karl, Im sure your feeling happy now with all the sudden progress of wheels, seats and a running engine.

Hopefully not long till the end now. :salute: :norty:

so what's the diff between R32 and other 24valves? Did I sleep through something?

looking good though Karl, any running vids? :grin:

VVT and displacement I fink.

Excellent work Karl! Loving the Gotti's too, saw a set like that for sale at ED38 and thought they look good on a Rado!

hold on guys/gals, they are not my wheels yet!! but i'm on the look for a set though. and as for the rotrex/turbo comment Phil, i think i may have bought something else instead??

and i will be selling the front recaro's very soon The Hub

i also sold my Brembos a few months back :( but i have found there replacements though :) i'm just waiting for the prices/spec sheets to arrive from the company, but personalised callipers is different.

and yeh graham the info you sent was invaluable :notworthy:

karl

Seats look ace,i need to try this sometime! and when will you have it on the road bud?

calipers look cool,how much are them?

the seats are easy to do mate, and hopefully by the end of next week it will all done and dusted "i hope" and the brakes will work out to around £450-£500 thats for the 6pot callipers/carriers and the braided hoses, at the moment the company is making the carriers so i can use 312mm discs, i will let ya no exact prices when i get em.

karl

Keep me posted :wink:

how much you willing to spend on securing them??

Keep me posted :wink:

how much you willing to spend on securing them??

I don't know what you value them at, so that would be a good start :wink:

Brakes look nice, are they HI-Spec ones?

Im refurbing some 288mm brakes and thats the exact colour Im after. Does anyone know if you can get a gold caliper paint with a similar finish?

Well done chap!

Will still have that fan off you, just on hols but will sort money out when I get back! Sorry been a bit busy of late..

looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!

Ben

hey there my friend absolutely loving the new brakes - what have you got planned with those calipers off mine then?

by the by, i will be on my 6 weeks off as of wednesday, so i'll give you a ring in the next few days to sort out swapping them over....

great to hear it's all sorted now though buddy - can't wait to see it :grin:

to echo what everyone else has said too - please get some pics up; the suspense is killing us :D

... and as for the rotrex/turbo comment Phil, i think i may have bought something else instead??

.... :( but i have found there replacements though :) i'm just waiting for the prices/spec sheets to arrive from the company, but personalised callipers is different.

karl

Hey - watch this space! :?

Calipers look v familiar - plated/coated Tar-Ox? [6 pots - nice!] :norty:

... and as for the rotrex/turbo comment Phil, i think i may have bought something else instead??

.... :( but i have found there replacements though :) i'm just waiting for the prices/spec sheets to arrive from the company, but personalised callipers is different.

karl

Hey - watch this space! :?

Calipers look v familiar - plated/coated Tar-Ox? [6 pots - nice!] :norty:

there not tarox mate, but they are from a company called Kent Auto Developments, which is also my initials hence the user name KADVR6 heres a link http://www.kad-uk.com./brake-calipers.htm

but having problems with the TB at the moment though, so its not running properly at all :( i'm sure it will be sorted very soon though?? i hope so anyway.

and Pete i will be keeping your 312's for quite a while as it will be a few months till i can get the new brakes.

Whats the prob with the TB mate, Ive got loads of them for various cars knocking round if there any use to you?

cheers for that mate :notworthy: but i dont really know which one i will need?? i need one that mates up to the R32 manifold well enough, and one thats about 75-80mm in diameter, and one that will either use the R32 TB plug, or one that i can use with the DTA for the relevant sensor readings :shrug:

OR i can wait for Storm to release there DBW throttle system that Kev mentioned earlier, but if i did that i would still need an R32 accelarator pedal/TB, and there not going to have that available for about 2-4 weeks :(

i'm so bloody close to getting the bloody car on the road, and to be stumped by this is killing me :(

Karl, you can use any mk4 golf manual petrol pedal mate if you want to go down this route. Part numbers are:

BOSCH VW PART NO 381 101253 YB3

AUDI PART NO 1J2721503J OS

I picked one up from ebay for £15 delivered. I reckon the DBW setup will be the best solution too!

Ive had a look at work, Unfortunately I havent got anything that big...are you just having trouble getting the DTA to accept the TB thats on there? or is it something else?

Bummer Karl :?

What's happening? Is the engine not happy with throttle position? Revs all over the place? Is it a regular 3 pin TPS you've got on? The DTA sends out a 5V signal to the TPS wiper, then there's a signal output back to the DTA again and pin 3 goes to the signal ground.

The DTA can do MAP as load aswell if you can't get TPS v RPM to work. Sorry if that's a bit geeky.

Drive By wire is taking so long to develop in the aftermarket because as a lot can go wrong!. You don't want full throttle when you're parking up in Tescos :lol:

DTA have successfully built a DC motor controller into an S40 case and it works very well, but is still undergoing evaluation and development. DBW gives you the advantage of cruise control, idle control and mappable throttle response against load and rpm.

If you're interested in how it works, you have 2 throttle sensors in the pedal and 2 in the throttle itself (low and hi voltage). The tricky part is that all 4 sensors have to synchronise with eachother, cause if they don't, the throttle can either slam shut or flick wide open beyond your control.

Hang in there, it'll be worth the wait.