Sign in to follow this  
jackflash

Fully resprayed goodness *New shoes update (finally!)*

Having had my little off a couple of months ago I moved my 'future' respray somehwhat ahead of its planned date. Decided to get it resprayed in the original colour and make a few little changes such as colour coding the rear badges, changing the front grill and leaving the bump strips off. Next steps include getting a 90mm splitter back on (had to replace the bumper after the accident and the one I got had a 50 on it), a full magnex exhaust inc decat and sometime in the future hopefully I'll be able to finally afford some alloys (which rests on the fact that I keep the car out of hedges this time round). But for now I'm very very happy with the job the spray shop did of both fixing the dented panels and the full respray...

I'll be able to finally afford some alloys

TBH i think it looks superb on the speedies, with that drop. Plus you'll have quite a good ride as compared with say 17s, if thats what you are thinking of.

I'll be able to finally afford some alloys

TBH i think it looks superb on the speedies, with that drop. Plus you'll have quite a good ride as compared with say 17s, if thats what you are thinking of.

Yeah I am in two minds tbh. What I do actually need to do before anything else is get some decent tyres on the speedies as the crap rubber on there was definitely a major factor in causing the off to start with. And when I get some good tyres it would also be a good opportunity for a refurb of the speedies... (On a side note mytyres.co.uk are doing goodyear eagle f1 gs-d3s in 195/50 r15 size for £36.90 each!)

looks great, how far dropped is it??

Not sure to be honest cause it's on KW coilies, but it is pretty much wound all the way up (!) as when they were first on the cat guard would scrape going down B-roads!

i so need some of them :) my cat guards nearly come off anyway so that should give me a bit more clearance!!

nice to see the rear badges colour coded - getting that done on mine too

yeah I think it tidies it up a bit, plus without the VR6 badge it keeps them guessing :D

It's been 9 months since I last posted some pics (I've moved house in that time!) but I've finally got round to taking some new ones with the new wheels on. They're the second set of wheels I've purchased this year but the first to make it onto the car (indecision is a dangerous thing!). I'm not pushing the boundaries with rim choice I know, but they do give the car such a timeless look imo...

Want to try and get some decent pics as soon as it stops pi*sing it down outside, but for now these phone camera ones will do. It's also worth mentioning that as well as obviously being pleased with the look of the car the handling and ride also feel a hell of a lot better with the new tyres on which is pretty surprising considering I went from 15s to 17s. Guess it just shows quite how badly crap rubber can detract from the car!

Looks great m8.

Hope mine looks so god after my respray is finished next week. Wasnt sure wether to keep the rubbing strips off mine (also aqua) but yours looks great.

Lovin the new wheels 8)

very nice indeed, looks spot on, they hardly need any modifying imo

who resprayed it? and was it expensive?

very nice indeed, looks spot on, they hardly need any modifying imo

who resprayed it? and was it expensive?

Just a local bodyshop, the bloke who did it had also done some work on my Dad's Daimler which you can just see next to my car in one of the pics. Was £2100 all in when it was done.