Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

Swapped the arms around, put my new outer cvs into the hubs so I can roll it around without buggaring the new bearings. Just need to clean out the inside and I can get the carpets laid back in, need new alternator and when I've got the new inner joints I can start putting the driveshafts back together

Nice mate forgot to ask is it a hard job to have the hubs off and get the drive shafts fully out ??

I need to change my inner and outer cv boots really as there pretty worn to the point there about to chuck grease everywhere

The hubs are easy enough to get off, it's a case of taking out the bottom ball joint, track rod end and the two shocker bolts and they are out! I have the best tool in the world for removing the inner driveshaft bolts, a 1m long splined bit that reaches right into the gearbox, I've got the lovely job of refitting and greasing up crappy boots!

I've always found it quicker and easier to remove the drive shaft completely. Saves the possibility of cocking up your steering geo too.

dunno if im gonna get to go to the car this weekend! got an alternator and powersteering pump now so i can continue to assemble the engine. I'm gonna clean up the power steering pipes i can so i dont have to buy new. will take them to a garage and see if they can clean them out for me to make sure there is no crap left in them :)

So with a miscalculation of when a show is I will a probably be back at the car tomorrow. Started to wrap all the loom and managed about 2 metres of it with a roll of tape!

Wrapping the loom is very boring and tedious! We have managed to do a lot of it now but I've ran out of loom tape, I've ordered some more from ebay and just need to wait for it. Need to get some bolts for the alternator and then I can continue! The powdercoat on the bit for the power steering pump is a bit thick and I didn't have a file to clean it off so that cocked that up

Looks good mate mine next seeing as though you have great exparience haha !!

I got some of that scapa tape of ebay , there was one place that had it on offer for about 2.90 a roll and all the other shops was over 6 quid a roll !!

I got some new windscreen washer hose aswell in some nice red silicone pipe instead of the clear that goes scabby horse

Yea ive got the bodyshop to get rid of my jet so I'm gonna have to put some mk4 efforts onto my bonnet

Yea ive got the bodyshop to get rid of my jet so I'm gonna have to put some mk4 efforts onto my bonnet

have you sized them up bud? thats the way im going to go too but not offered the mk4 jets up yet.....

Yea that's em Matt, and no I haven't offered them up yet! They're gonna have to fit now becusse I don't have any jets now haha! I'm very much a measure once cut once get a new piece of wood kinda person :D

Are you getting an swg cover? I've got one of those and mounted some fan spray type washer jets in there, can't remember what they were from but can get a picture if you want. Did get some mk4 ones you are welcome to but found these look a lot better!

Haha yea I'll try work it iut, I wasn't planning on getting a swg but I was going to try and make something out of a mk2 outfit!

Bought some new calipers today, no sign of the loom tape yet, gonna get some brake pipe and possibly start making the lines up at the weekend

Tape has arrived, engine mount and some gaskets have turned up, some more bits at the dealership, need to paint my calipers and get them ready to go on, loads to do still

Not are mate, hoping for it to see the road at some point this year, managed to get back there today and got some bits bolted onto the engine, finished wrapping. The loom and for some of the carpets back in with the underlay and sound deafening back in